About doing evil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About doing evil.

An additional bonus is that well located defensive work in some cases will punish an aggressor just as well as a hex. Habitual agressors can be relied on to transgress until given cause to halt. If you know their probable target then you set the magical equivalent of a minefield out and just wait for the aggressor to destroy himself. It involves a slightly less polite form of warding than I normally use but long as you know your enemy, shields can easily become destructive weaponry.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

No....I kind of feel that people that wrong me will either see the error of their ways or karma will kick their ass at some point anyway. And even if it doesn't if I cut them off I'll forget about it eventually.

Also perception is a tricky thing, and there's always that possibility that I contributed to the situation somehow, even if I don't see it. Or maybe I didn't but there's a misunderstanding and they perceived it that way. So I find that unless it's really bad (in which case the above applies) it's best to just be an adult and talk about it and try to work it out.

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=593.msg8747#msg8747 date=1288600311]
        But what do you want to learn, Jotun? To hex? Because I don't think anyone is likely to teach you that - or at least won't admit to it. In my opinion, you might find protective work would be the best way to start - never learn to use poison without knowing where the antidote is...
        [/quote]

I want to learn everything I can, I guess I just wanted doing harm to be in my arsenal of knowledge for some weird reason, but yeah... I'll try looking up some info on protective work... Oh yes and a few years ago when I was only somewhat finding my path there were many warnings like "dabbling with magic will get you in lots of troubleblahblahblah" so that's what I also wanted cleared out of the way.
        Eitherway I cast very few spells every now and then because there ain't much sold around here to use for spellcraft and I'm always very busy doing something... I meditate and pray/cast spells whenever I can and growing some herbs of my own.

I hope this makes sense, I'm still pretty tired after a long day at school and English is my third language so I'm not very good at it.
        I'll try to make more sense later, right now I'm running off to my folk dance practice.

Comment

To me good and evil are human concepts that don't really exist except as a descriptive of something.

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=593.msg8674#msg8674 date=1288575159]
            IMO, because its dishonest. If you have a problem with someone, confront them. If you come at them to punch them in the face, they know its happening. Hexing is essentially stabbing someone in the back... That being said, if you don't directly know who the person is or you don't have a way to directly confront them, etc...I think its fair.

My biggest problem with hexing someone that you can't always be sure how it will manifest. If, for example, I decided to make sure the the biyatch I had a car incident with tonight got what she deserved, without knowing full well who she is, what she does, etc, there is realistically no way to absolutely control *how* she gets what she deserves with only her being involved---everyone is someone's child, or could be someone's mother or sister, lover etc...and just because they do something stupid, thoughtless, vindictive, etc doesn't mean that others should suffer also.

[/quote]

I see what you mean. I was under the impression that it was seen that casting a curse was somehow worse than actually physically attacking someone; you're saying it's equivalent to stabbing someone in the back, not worse, right?

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=593.msg8827#msg8827 date=1288620714]
              I see what you mean. I was under the impression that it was seen that casting a curse was somehow worse than actually physically attacking someone; you're saying it's equivalent to stabbing someone in the back, not worse, right?
              [/quote]

Basically. Like, I don't consider the action worse, I consider the way the action is carried out to be worse...if that makes better sense.

But that doesn't mean that I don't think that sometimes its something that shouldn't be done.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=593.msg8827#msg8827 date=1288620714]
                [/quote]

That's sorta what I meant by my comment, too.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think it's about time for me to shut up and listen to the more wiser people here.

Comment

I want to learn everything I can, I guess I just wanted doing harm to be in my arsenal of knowledge for some weird reason, but yeah... I'll try looking up some info on protective work...

I'm the same way except I'm sure I'm way more nuts.I'm Hungry for knowledge power... Listen to the people here they know what there talking about. Destruction is easy so very easy, life-protection-ect. Is more difficult (or maybe I'm crazyer than I thought?)
                    patience, you hold the power of the universe in your hands there's plenty of time to learn to use it.
                    Defense is important you could be sooo powerful but have such pathetic sheilds a squirell with a spellbook could take you down.
                    Circe

Comment

i dunno... i seem to find healing and protection easier. i'd rather put up a defensive barrier that would protect me and throw karma back at people. but I don't like to hurt people. I like to help people. =o)
                      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Corvus, maybe you are more nuts or maybe I'm just trying to be civil in this forum.
                        Many many different POV's here so I'm gonna take some time to research both Protection and Destruction(This sentence totally makes me feel like I'm playing a video game).
                        Anyway, thanks again to everyone for giving me reading material, the local library doesn't have anything of such nature. -.-

Comment

okay so if Corvus does some crazy destruction stuff and gets hurt in the process, and then I heal him. am I doing good or evil? =oP
                          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Not sure let's see if my plans for world domination are unchanged afterward if I succed ill make you a duke. Yes I am very nuts and seeing a new therepist
                            Circe

Comment

world domination sounds so... sinister...

I prefer the term:
                              Changing the world for the better.

Comment

Good one ill use it for recruiting followers for a cult dedicated to me
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X