Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling a presence in my life? Could it be a patron? A spirit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling a presence in my life? Could it be a patron? A spirit?

So I've been feeling like something has been shadowing me for a little while now.

It happens both when I'm alone and with others. I'll just be sitting there minding my own business when it'll suddenly feel like there's another body in the room. It doesn't scare me. It doesn't feel like it's intruding on me. But it's hard to read. The presence feels distinctly male, but that's all I feel. I don't know who it is because when I meditate and ask, I don't receive an answer.

Sometimes, very rarely, I feel like I can hear a whisper or even a touch. The other day I was hanging out with my significant other and talking to him about this when I swear I felt a pinch. Why? I don't know.

I've made a couple of guesses as to who it might be, but the last thing I want to do is assume anything. I want to be sure of who this is.

Whenever I pray or make offerings, it's usually towards Germanic or Greek deities, since I feel most connected to them. Lately I've been more drawn to Germanic beliefs and have been doing my best to educate myself, since I feel like this may be my "calling," for lack of a better term.

I've asked a few others about this online and they've given me widely different answers. Has anyone else ever felt anything like this? What should I do?
    ‎"Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars"

Re: Feeling a presence in my life? Could it be a patron? A spirit?

Ask him, and listen ;o

If you have guesses, I would wager one of them is correct. You can never be wrong in trusting your instincts^^

Sorry if it's not much advice!

Comment

What would you say is the best way to ask? Because I've tried asking a few times and so far I don't really feel any sort of reply.

Comment

No idea really :s I don't do spirit stuff. I'd go with your gut-instinct, it's usually right about these kinds of things, just be careful about over thinking it!

Comment

Hmmm. Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll try not to over think it too much.

Comment

I just thought of something else, it could too perhaps just be a realization of spirits, assuming you accept the premise that spirits exist. You may be in a very relaxed state (or maybe stress-free) during those times you are alone or with others which heightens your awareness of the spirits in the world, might not even be the same spirit! Just food for thought.

Comment

Feeling a presence in my life Could it be a patron A spirit

Lacuna this is a good question and I thought it might bring more discussion. I have been thinking about it off and on since you made the post. I havent really got to the point of making a solid contribution to the thread but I hope to.

Comment

Update:

Ok, so this is kinda crazy but here's what happened to me last night. I attempted to make contact with this deity (I now firmly believe this was a God. I'd rather not say who exactly because of personal reasons).

We briefly talked for a little while. I heard them reply in my mind. I asked them why they were shadowing me and I think asking them that might have offended them because I suddenly felt a very cold shift, like ice up my spine. So I quickly apologized and told them that as a human, I have no place wondering why a God like them does anything and that I will welcome them into my life and give them offerings if they still choose to watch over me. There was silence for a little while and I was a bit afraid I had said too much. But then I felt something willing me to look at my alter, which was in the corner of my room. I felt a kind of peace then, like they had accepted my apology and had no hard feelings over it. Then they left.

That night after I went to bed, I had a dream I was going to my alter to burn sage. I lit the herb and placed it on the offering plate when, very quickly, my entire alter was set ablaze. The whole thing was on fire, but nothing on the alter was destroyed. Everything was preserved.

The thing is, the deity I believed I made contact with is a fire God. So is the fact that, in my dream, my alter caught fire but didn't burn a good thing? Is it a sign that they're willing to accept me as a follower?

It was pretty intense to say the least. I've never felt anything like it.

Comment

Goodness... First of all, I apologize for being a little late to this party... Second of all, I would say that generally, when communicating with a deity like this, we understand more than we think we understand... Your instincts are probably right. Not to say that it isn't good to give it some thought, but once you feel you know what is happening, there's a good chance there is some, if not much, truth in what you are thinking... My best advice would be to listen, as you have being doing. If you believe that this God was sending you a message that is a good sign, there's a good chance that's what He is trying to convey. There's also no need to rush to a conclusion... Open yourself up to further explanation, as I'm sure you're doing.

Comment

Working...
                  X