X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Spell or Not to Spell

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    or something like speaking with honesty or reverence. etc...or for me, cleaning up the sailor language!
    Hmmmm I'm afraid I'm with ya on that one with the language bit...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I use magic for everything, personally. Nothing wrong with a rain spell here or a hair spell there.
      Overt optimism and overt cynicism are both equally horrendous to my senses. Having a perfectly balanced view of the world only slightly less so. By goddess have an opinion, but kindly avoid blaring it like a wide-eyed idealist or a suicidal Goth.

Comment

I definitely agree that magick should not be used for revenge or any negative means. I think you should think on what you have to do before you try magick. Like if you need money and don't have a job, try applying for a job and if you aren't getting any replies then use magick to help you. If that makes any sense.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I agree with what everyone said, i for one dont use spells yet cause im not comfortable enough to start using them. i mean i do minor healing spells and energy work but as far as doing it all the time i feel i have to read and get a good foundation before i start even though i know thats a big step in developing that knowledge. but i dont see why you couldnt use magic for everyday use unles its something super trivial

Comment

I use spells from time to time. Totally agree that magic should not just be used because you simply can not be bother by applying for jobs or trying to resolve a problem with The poser of conversation first Spells should not in ny opinion be used to harm others or for negativity.

Comment

I do not think I am ready for spells yet. For the moment, I am just working on myself spiritually; meaning I am meditating a lot, trying lots of different methods of energy healing, and just focusing on myself.

I do agree that spells should be used as a last resort and should never be used to harm someone. Those are just my beliefs, but I do know there is a balance when it comes to the universe, so I am aware others will dabble in the darker arts and that is okay, that just is not for me and I will not judge others for their beliefs.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I rarely do spells, but when I do it's usually to get a helping hand on something I've already put a lot of work in to. I don't do a spell and then sit down and expect it to fix things for me. I do, however, play with magic. I have a playful and curious nature, I often play with energy just to see what happens. it's the best way of learning for me. As to harming people with magic, I'm against it, but that's a personal thing, I don't believe magic is meant to be only one thing...
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...