Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Morrigan

Is the Morrigan calling me?

Let's start from the beginning, I was raised as a Catholic, but it never felt right to me. Then I felt the need to pray to a goddess. I closed my eyes and whispered, "Dear goddess," I immediately saw a woman dressed in a black feathered dress. Ever since that day whenever I needed help I would say "Goddess give me strength." And I always saw the same woman. A while after that I started having dreams where I smelled something I didn't recognize it smelled good. I turned around and saw a dragon lying in a pool of its own blood. From what I've heard the Morrigan likes Dragon's Blood insense, but I've never heard of someone having a dream like this. At this time I had never even heard of the Morrigan. Then one day I went shopping and found a triple goddess necklace, I felt drawn to it so I bought it. When I got home I began looking up the triple goddess. I didn't find much. But as I was searching I got the feeling that the woman I was seeing was celtic. I just shrugged it off. A while later I was being followed everywhere by crows. I became very drawn to them and felt... in awe of them. They continued to follow me for a long time. They still do. Just today I looked up Celtic Goddesses, I went through a long list and none of them sounded right. They didn't click. And then I saw Morrigan. I immediately felt in awe again. I started learning more about her and I believe she is calling me. What should I do? Should I contact her or should I wait for her to contact me?

Re: The Morrigan

a question like that is very personal and so is the answer. Awe is a good feeling to ascribe to the Morrigan, just keep in mind some of her aspects are less than friendly, and often she can be seen as "less than friendly." Sometimes she can be harsh, not uncaring so much, but sometimes she may seem cold. I cannpt confirm that the Morrigan may be calling you, it isn't my place, that is something that only you can do. Just before you do anything that you feel is a major undertaking, i.e. dedication, just really get to know her. Learn some about her, as much as you can, and write it all down! Thats the best advice I can give you.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I would say yes that is The Goddess Morrigan Contact you. Usually the gods send us symbols, signs, dreams, or they show up in our meditations. When you closed your eyes and saw that woman in your third eye, that was her coming to you

The Gods and Spirits come to us in mysterious ways. Usually if they send you more than three signs, it is a sign. For example one of my goddess'es is Bast. Everyday I would hear conversations about cats, I would see them in weird places such as roofs. Even when I would pray to her I opened up my door and saw a cat right there. I saw cats and felt like I was being followed by, or some being was sending me a cat. Sure enough it was The Great Cat Goddess

So in your case, the dragons blood, the necklace, and her showing her self to you is amazing! I usually go in three signs, of theres three its a spirit/god. Also it is cool how she showed you things you didnt even know about prior to you checking it up. That valadates that it is a "real" experience. Usually gods or spirits will tell you something they are associated with, you check it up and it is correct, it is a valadation.

My advice to you would be a numerous ammounts of things. I too am building my spiritual team. My first advice would be study about her mythology. What is her personality like? which gods does she like/dislike. Whats her colors, sacred animals, food, offerings etc. Once you do that you may then set up a alatr to her. An altar can simply be a picture of her, with perhaps a crow feather and a black candle?

Another thing to do is, pray to her every day. Look for the signs. Once in awhile you may see a crow, or someone may talk about her. Whever you see a symbol of that spirit or god, it is them saying I am still with you. Just like for my animal totems I will see signs of them once in awhile.

Lastly, leave offerings to her, and meditate. When I mean meditate is, do some spirit walking. This can be done by astral projecting OR what I like to do is visualisation. I do shamanic journeying. Picture your axis mundi, the most common axis mundi is the world tree. Then picture your self going down into the underworld (where I think she resides not quite sure might want to do research) and once your in the underworld you will know. You can also just picture a hole and seeing your self falling down. As you fall down say you want to meet the Goddess Morrigan. Then evnutally you will see your self in a surrounding You may find your self saying "am I making it up" Nope. The begining entrance you are, but the rest is spirit. So follow your gut.

I too am doing this. I am trying to leave offerings, praying to them, meditating/spirit walking (shamanic journeying etc) and studying mythology Hope this helped

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X