Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagstone Journal of Occult Arts Seeks Submissions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagstone Journal of Occult Arts Seeks Submissions!

*** I have received express permission from one of the site admins to post this! Thanks! While I'm not much more than a lurker around these parts, I really do feel that this project may be of interest to some folks on this forum. I have really enjoyed the breadth of practice that is represented on this site, and feel that your voices would be a HUGE asset to this publication! ***

Our site: http://hagstone.tumblr.com

About Hagstone
    Call For Submissions
    • queer/non-binary/trans* issues in magic, witchcraft, and/or paganism
    • dis/ability issues in magic, witchcraft and/or paganism
    • personal & experiential magic
    • magic or witchcraft as mediumship
    • spirit contact/mediumship
    • group/solitary magic
    • magic in praxis: method, technique, etc
    • non-pagan magic
    • non-Eurocentric magic
    • witchcraft, magic, & hetero/cis-normativity
    • atheistic magic
    • issues of representation within magic, witchcraft and/or paganism
    • syncretism in magical practice
    • alternate forms of magical practice
    • the intersections between religion and magic

For more information on how to submit, please click here for our How To Submit page (http://hagstone.tumblr.com/howto).
    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31, MIDNIGHT, 2012

Our site: http://hagstone.tumblr.com

Re: Hagstone Journal of Occult Arts Seeks Submissions!

*MaskedOne raises eye*

So your very first post on this board is an ad campaign for someone else....

nice.......
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

She has received permission from me to post this and only after I've even discussed it with the other admins.

No one is required to submit any info or even participate. This is strictly volunteer based.

Though, if members feel this crosses boundaries, I will certainly take these concerns seriously.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Bows out, complaint withdrawn. Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: Notes top of OP, shrug, I'm in a foul mood this evening and it seems to be giving me tunnel vision.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I read through the tumblr page, and I think this is a fantastic idea. I think some people around here could have fantastic submissions.

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't think I'd have a lot to add to this project, but I must say that it sounds like a really good idea! I'll be keeping an eye on that website. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'll have to take another look when I can get onto a non-access-restricted-computer, because I cannot view the tumblr site. The idea is interresting though, I'm not super awesome at forming whole coherent thoughts.
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
              X