Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cyber altars

hello everyone

I am starting to run out of room in my home and I dont want to have altars everywhere :P

so my question is, do you think a cyber altar can work? like by maybeing making it like a college. Lets say I am working with a saint, I open up paint and get pictures and set it up like an altar?

thansks and blessed be

Re: cyber altars

Hmm that's a good question. It would loose the personal touch... But I think it would just not as well. I would think it would be a good way to take an alter with you on the move. But I say give it a try and let us know what you find.

Comment

I have seen a few webpages as cyber shrines and I even set one up on my gaia account. It ultimately depends on the person, how it's arranged, and how well they can concentrate while on a computer.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I think it's a wonderful idea! You could use images of animated candles, maybe one of those icons that show you the current moon phase. Images of elements, deities, seasons, are so readily available. If I was more talented on a computer, I'd give it a go. I could open up that page on my netbook at work, stick on some nice youtube music in the background and have a few moments of prayer at my regular altar. Such a nice idea!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have read of shrines, indeed entire temples, being built in the astral plane. Don't know if that would interest you or not.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

thanks everyone I have also heard of altars being made in the astrals thank you for this

Comment

I like the idea of cyber altars o:
              I think it's a really good concept. Especially since collage type websites are so readily available (and I wouldn't be surprised if you could find something along those lines in an app store).

I believe it would be especially beneficial for people who are dealing with a lot of "clutter" or who are learning how to let go of things.
              Although I do like my crystals and setting them up in person :x

Comment

It's pretty cool. This idea had never occurred to me but its a nice innovation in this day of constant connectivity to the internet and technology. I use to keep a journal that functioned sorta like an altar.
                Circe

Comment

Working...
                X