Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen ghosts, UFOs or other weird things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen ghosts, UFOs or other weird things?

Let's share weird, scary, interesting stories here!
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
    --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Re: Have you seen ghosts, UFOs or other weird things?

hmm... where to start? I guess I'll start with the only potential UFO 'sighting' I've experienced.

I use the term UFO in the most literal sense... something unidentified flew over my house. Several years ago, I was up late working on a paper for school. My dog, and the dog I was "dog-sitting" woke up in start, started whining really oddly and ran to the door to be let out. I got up, and let them out. They both ran to the middle of the yard and started howling and barking and whining seemingly all at the same time... (odd noise if you can imagine) while looking up at the stars. I got them to quiet down and that's when I heard it. Along with a few other dogs in the area barking and howling... I could hear something else... it sounded like nothing more than low hum. I looked up to see what it was... I couldn't really see anything, but then I noticed 'something' blocking out the stars as it slowly moved overhead. It had no lights of any kind... nothing to indicate it's altitude or size. Not being able to see any specific shape or size, it's hard to judge distance, but I'd estimate it was roughly 300'-500' up based on how close the humming sound was. This happened three nights in a row, right at 1:15am. Each night the dogs freaked out. I have no idea what it was.

Comment

I have a handful of ghost stories I could share, as I grew up in a 'haunted' house. From a very young age, I quite often had the feeling something or someone that was unseen was in my house. In particular... in my bedroom. Over the years of having weird, unexplained noises, and doors opening or closing by themselves, there's three incidents that particularly stick out.

This first was when I was about 13 years old if I remember correctly. I had a friend over to stay the night. I had a pretty small room and kept a spare mattress under my bed which I could pull out for times I had friends staying the night. The only way to get the mattress out all the way, was to prop the bedroom door all the way open. My bedroom was the end of the hallway with my bed positioned against the back wall perpendicular to the hallway. So while laying on the bed, if you looked left you'd be looking down the hallway.

I was woken up by the sound of my dog growling, while sitting at the edge of my bed, starring down the hallway. Now my house is dark at night, especially if the moon isn't bright, or if it's hiding behind the clouds. I remember not being able to see my hand right in front of my face. In any case, I got her to be quiet. I could my friend asleep on the mattress below, not quite snoring. And then I could hear, clear as day... the sound of someone walking out of the room next to mine (my brothers room at the time (he was off at college)), go down the hallway and into my fathers office. Only it sounded like the footsteps were on a hard surface, not carpet like our hallway had. At first I thought someone broke into the house. Being only 13 or so... i was scarred out of my mind. I tried to be as still and quiet as possible and just kept gently petting my dog to keep her quiet. After some time had passed and I didn't hear anything anymore... I got up, turned on all the lights and started looking around my house. All the doors and windows were closed and locked. There were no signs of any break-in. I walked over to my parents side of the house, and I could hear them snoring away in their bedroom.

The next day, I asked my dad if either of them had been downstairs the night before. I explained what happened. My dad laughed a little, and said it was probably, Henry. To which I said... "who the heck is Henry". He explained the story of the man that committed suicide (or was murdered by his wife depending on who you ask) in my brothers room. My dad found the bullet during the cleaning of the house when he bought it. The bullet is on a plaque in his office. I also found out that we have oak floors under the carpet. (why would anyone cover up nice oak wood floors with nasty shag-ish carpet) lol.

Anyway... I'll have to share the other stories a little later, as I'm running late to meet a friend for lunch...

Comment

alrighty... back from lunch. The next incident I'll share happened when I was around 17 or 18. I had since moved into my brothers old room, the room where Henry died. I had/have a routine when I go to bed. After brushing my teeth, I go in my room, turn off the light and close the door, hop into bed, and turn off my desk lamp next to my bed. I was at the point where I closed my eyes and was waiting to fall asleep. I thought I heard my door open, someone walk up next to my bed and turn on my light. I opened my eyes to the sound of the cord being pulled on my lamp, only to find the light on (cord still swaying as though someone had just touched it), my door open... and then all of sudden my tv turned on and was just static. I thought I may had been laying on my remote, but the remote was resting on top of the tv. After the initial "wtf" reaction... I laughed and told Henry that I needed to go to sleep and asked him to leave me be. lol After all the years of hearing weird sounds and feeling the presence of the unseen... I had gotten quite used to it, and often would talk aloud to the spirit('s), but that was pretty impressive I thought. I had never seen anything physically manipulated before. Although I had heard things like the sound of doors opening or closing and the footsteps all those years before. I had never actually experienced it first hand like that.

Now this next story I'm going to share, take as you will... to this day I still question what happened. I give the little disclaimer because alcohol and drugs were involved. : In any case... this was a couple years after the previous incident. It was myself, my gf Sarah, her friends Kristal, and the twins Mindy and Cindy, and Kristal's bf, Lee. We were hanging out in my living room (my dad's old office from my first ghost story). Basically my house is sort of like a duplex with a shared kitchen. In any case, we had taken something similar to ecstasy and had been drinking plenty on top of that. We weren't seeing "things" or anything, but everything looked a bit different... basically it seemed that all our senses were heightened... touch, taste, sound, site. It was well past midnight... we were playing cards, listening to music, and basically just being silly and unsober. lol It was dark for the most part... we were playing cd's on my laser-disc player (yes, laser disc), which doubled as a 5-disc cd changer. We had the tv on so I could see what I was doing with the cd changer, but basically it was just a blue screen when the remote wasn't being used.

I happened to glance down the hallway towards the bedrooms. I saw what looked like someone or something standing at the end of the hallway. For those of you who have seen any of the Predator movies, it looked sort of like what the Predator looked like while cloaked. Knowing all the incidents I had experienced over the years with potentially Henry... and knowing that we were all nowhere near sober. I didn't want to say anything to anyone else and cause a panic. So I stayed quiet and would occasionally look down the hall to see if it was still there. A couple hours had gone by... I looked down the hall and it appeared that whatever it was, was going back and forth between the bedrooms at the end of the hall. Apparently I was staring down the hallway longer than I intended and my gf caught me looking down there and asked what I was staring at. So, reluctantly I said... "I don't want to scare anyone or sound crazy either way... but does anyone else see something at the end of the hallway". So they look down there and Sarah goes.. "HOLY $H%T"... the twins agreed. So we went down there to see if we could see it/him up close.

Once we got to the end of the hallway, we could no longer see anything out of the ordinary. But I felt as though something was in the doorway to my old room at the end of the hallway. I put my hand through the doorway to see if I could feel anything. It was like putting my hand in sub-freezing weather. The hair on my forearm stood on edge... I quickly pulled my hand back and proceeded to rub my hand and arm to warm back up. Then of course Sarah and the twins had to join in. They were amazed and getting a little too excited. I thought for sure they were just playing along and being silly. I backed down the hallway and was standing right where the hallway ends and my living room begins. I looked back over to the couch where I saw Kristal sitting, completely scared out of her mind. Lee was getting angry because people were more concerned with the paranormal than they were with Kristal's well-being. I looked back down the hallway to get Sarah and the twins to calm down and come back to the living room, when I saw a black mass dart out from the hallway, zoom passed me, and into the living room. I quickly turned my head to try to follow what I thought I had seen only to see a large static line shoot across the tv screen and we all heard the static pop sound it made when it happened. I glanced back at Kristal as she was the only facing towards me... the look on her face was priceless. She yells out "what the hell was that" and began to tell me how she saw something dart out behind me into the living room. I said, "I know... I saw it too". She then got really scared.

Then Lee started getting really angry and started yelling at Sarah and the twins to calm down and help Kristal who was sitting on the couch, shaking and not responding to anyone. At this point, Lee yells out... "you guys are idiots... there's no f*&^ing ghosts here and if there were I'd kick its a$$". Right at that moment, for a fraction of second, I could have sworn I saw the ceiling swirl and hand came down and bopped Lee on top of the head. lol As quickly as I could blink it was gone. I said nothing about it. I took a deep breath and said I needed to step outside for some fresh air. Lee followed me out there eventually along with one of the twins. We were standing there talking about the events of the evening. Lee seemed pretty displeased with the whole thing, saying he experience none of what the rest of us had. Followed by him saying "except when I yelled at the ghost... I could swear something hit me in the head" followed immediately by Mindy saying, "I swore I saw a hand come out of the ceiling and hit you on the head". Of course I added that I saw it too.

I don't share that story with many people. But there it is.

A few years ago, do to some major life changes (divorce, quitting my job of 8 years and deciding to go back to school) I moved back into that house. The first night back, it felt pretty gloomy and sad in there. A friend of mine had suggested we do a smudging and ask any spirits in the house to move along. Using a sage smudge-stick, we went to each room of the house and politely invited any spirits to leave the house (and some other chants I don't understand that my friend had done) to continue their journey. Since then.. it's felt like a whole new house. It's peaceful and calm. I haven't had any experience of the supernatural or paranormal since. In a weird way, I kind of miss it.

Comment

Those are great stories! My UFO sighting was at a place called the Dover Lightshttp://thenightsky.org/dover.html above Dover Arkansas. About 14 other people saw it too. Here is a link to the report on NUFORC http://nuforc.org/webreports/029/S29828.html. It was cool. I wasn't scared at all...though the land around the Dover Lights is full of creepiness. Once when I took my father and stepmother there(they were visiting from Mississippi and I lived in Russellville at the time.) it was about dusk and the lights were barely starting to appear. In an instant, my stepmom and I looked at eachother and said "We've got to GO." We got my dad to get us outta there fast. It was a distinct feeling that something did NOT want us there.

I have tons of ghost stories, as I seem to have had something odd going on my whole life. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a skeptic...only the weird stuff doesn't seem to care. lol I have seen shadow people since I was probably about 9. I remember calling them "shadow people" or "shadow things" because I didn't have a better term for them. After the advent of lotso internet use I curiously typed "shadow people" into a search engine (I was about 21) and there were literally HUNDREDS of people calling them the same thing and describing them the same way. I felt like a bucket of cold water had fallen on my head! I called my stepmom up and told her all about it (and them, as I'd never mentioned it to her before). She said "Amber I already knew. There was one in our house that followed you here." Needless to say my jaw dropped considerably. She still swears the thing had followed me. The messed up thing was, even though I wasn't aware of one following me there, I knew they did follow me. They seemed drawn to me. Still do somewhat.

Living in quite an active house now. I'll post more on that after my son is in bed and the house is in order.
          If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
          --Douglas Adams (RIP)

Comment

I've seen many UFO's, 1 demon, a soulmate, 2 ghosts/gods, have had the illusion (?) I was the only one on the planet, and saw my own reflection turn into an alien. I have seen quite some egoists too.
            That's it.

Comment

Yay, a WST (weird sightings thread)! When I was 13 or so, I was rudely awakened by a loud knocking at my door. It was a Saturday morning, so I had planned on sleeping in. My brother (who had a propensity for waking me early, no matter what time we went to bed) and I had stayed up particular late the night before. So, when I heard the knocking, I immediately, in my half-asleep state, loudly told him to go away. When the knock came again, I started to awaken a bit more. By the third time the knocking came, I remembered the fact that my room no longer had a door (my brother and I had broken it a week or two ago via goofing off). It was at this time that I started to get a bit freaked out.

When the knocking came a fourth time, I determined it to be coming from the wall opposite the head of my bed. I also realised that I should have been able to see something doing the knocking. As I truly came to the conclusion that something paranormal was happening, my floorboards started to creek, like someone was crawling around just out of sight, hidden by the foot of my bed. As the creaking noise crept around the foot of my bed into my visual range, there was still nothing to be seen. As it crawled closer, I was paralyzed with terror. The unseen entity continued its movements until it had passed by the head of my bed and out the wall (or to the wall, anyway; it would've been hard for my floorboards to make noise outside of the house). I lay there, panicked, until I could regain control of my body. When I did, I leaped from my bed and promptly ran into the living room, staying on edge well into the next day. While several other strange, unexplainable occurrences happened in that house, nothing else was every truly scary.
              "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Emotions...not sure what to think of your statement. For one thing, egoists aren't paranormal, neither are soulmates, and ghosts do not equal gods. It sounds to me like you have a creative imagination and you want something odd to happen to you, so your mind has made it so. But that's just several years of Psychology at University talking.

Crimson: WOW! That sounds really unnerving! Especially for a 13 year old to experience. How creepy! The crawling especially. That would have freaked me out too. Yes! Weird sighting threads are sooo fun!

Here's a few things that have happened in Corvus_Corax(Cliff) and my place recently. We shut our two black kitties out of our room as usual (Zowie eats our stuff, so they stay out).I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed (our bedroom has our big wooden bed on one wall and the bathroom is on the far wall, with a walk in closet inside the bathroom) and he was in there with me. He walked into the bedroom and I hear him yell "DAMMIT CAT!" and I walk into the bedroom and he's chasing what he thinks is our Manx(Zowie) under the bed, trying to put her out of the room. I just kinda stop, look at him and say "Honey...they are sitting outside the door." I went to the door and opened it...and there they were, little yellow eyes peering up at us like "what?!" Cliff looks mightily shocked and says "But I just chased Zowie under the bed. I saw a black thing shaped just like her and chased her under the bed!" It was really odd. And I have seen the same thing very often, lights on or off. I have actually gotten several square, straight on looks at it, for a second or more at time. We see it fairly often. It's almost always the size and shape of a small cat. There's more, but honestly at the moment I can't be arsed to type ALL of it. lol And this is just this house. hahaha I'll post about the crazy haunted houses I lived in in Michigan another time. Give me more skurreh stuff! I love it!
                --Douglas Adams (RIP)

Comment

[quote author=corvus_corvidae link=topic=610.msg9177#msg9177 date=1288707894]
                  Crimson: WOW! That sounds really unnerving! Especially for a 13 year old to experience. How creepy! The crawling especially. That would have freaked me out too. Yes! Weird sighting threads are sooo fun!
                  [/quote]

Yeah, it was definitely that!

My father and I witnessed a UFO once. We were driving between Matador and Childress (both here in Texas) when I looked over at a farm and saw something odd. Not knowing what it was, and given the fact that it was the prime time between dusk and dark, I didn't give it too much thought. We went down a brief dip and came back up, and that strange something I saw suddenly had lights all around it and began to lift off of the ground.

I immediately pointed this strange craft out to my father. He looked to our right and was as flabbergasted as I was. The craft, easily 200 yards from "wingtip to wingtip" (if indeed the thing could be said to have wings) and filled our windshield view as it hovered out in front of us. We lost sight of the airship at a curve for approximately 7 seconds. When we regained sight of it, the craft had moved easily 30 miles down the skyline. The craft that had once filled our windshield now was no larger than an inch or two off in the distance. Before we could come to terms with this, the craft traveled out of sight, much to the astonishment of my father and I. We came to determine that it didn't just disappear, but rather continued to travel at the mind-numbing speed at which we determined it to be moving.

And, perhaps the most disturbing element of all, is that there was absolutely no sound. This craft easily broke the sound barrier and there was not only no engine hum but no sonic boom either.
                  "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

My 14th birthday I was at my best friends' house and they were all singing happy birthday to me. My friend who is the WORST camera person in the world, was recording and twice in the video she accidently pointed the camera towards their kitchen.

When we watched the video over, we saw something floating in the kitchen in front of the window. Their windows had no curtains. Only blinds. The thing floating was definitely not the blinds. It looks like a woman with long black hair.

I actually have the video somewhere. I shall post when I find it.

Comment

Okay, here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't care if you don't believe it. Bash it all you want. I know and the others in the video know that we were the only ones in the house.

There was only me, on the arm of the couch, two of my friends sitting on the couch, their little brother next to the camera person, and the camera person.

The ghost is in the left side of the video when the camera turns away from the group and towards the kitchen. At first, you see it just floating and then the second time it seems to be watching.

Once again, no curtains, only white blinds. You can clearly see black hair and a floral dress. The second time, you see her arm turned out to the site so you can see her figure better.

Gives me the heebie jeebies every time I see it.

Comment

[quote author=tigersgrowl1093 link=topic=610.msg9723#msg9723 date=1288817973]
                        Okay, here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't care if you don't believe it. Bash it all you want. I know and the others in the video know that we were the only ones in the house.

There was only me, on the arm of the couch, two of my friends sitting on the couch, their little brother next to the camera person, and the camera person.

The ghost is in the left side of the video when the camera turns away from the group and towards the kitchen. At first, you see it just floating and then the second time it seems to be watching.

Once again, no curtains, only white blinds. You can clearly see black hair and a floral dress. The second time, you see her arm turned out to the site so you can see her figure better.

Gives me the heebie jeebies every time I see it.
                        [/quote]

ya, I got a few 'heebie jebbies' watching that too...there is definately someone/thing there!

What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Girl, that video is creepy. Only proof we have of our ghosty is a crazy ord near the ceiling in two pics. I'm a skeptic about orb photos, but these are crazy. I'll have to get them from my Sarah.
                          --Douglas Adams (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                          X