• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Re: What are your gods and goddesses?

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
      My Goddess:
      I met her once in a vision. If you’ve never had a vision, it’s like having a vivid dream whilst being wide awake. She was a beautiful blonde in black robes. I asked her “Are you Hecate?” She laughed the prettiest laugh and replied “I have many names.”
      She looked something like this:

She looks like your avatar!!
      ~ flowers are our only garments
      only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
        She looks like your avatar!!
        Well there's four possibilities. Option 1 - the vision was all in my head and I just imagined my ideal woman (I like girls), who happens to look a lot like Oriana from 'metart' (google with the safety off) and also a lot like j. scott campbell's Alice in wonderland. I should point out, that I found both of those some time after meeting the Goddess. Which brings us to Option 2 - I like that picture of Alice because it reminds me of the Goddess. Option 3 - the Goddess apeared to me in a way she knew I would find pleasing. Option 4 - the Goddess is just really hot (imo).

Comment

Well there's four possibilities. Option 1 - the vision was all in my head and I just imagined my ideal woman (I like girls), who happens to look a lot like Oriana from 'metart' (google with the safety off) and also a lot like j. scott campbell's Alice in wonderland. I should point out, that I found both of those some time after meeting the Goddess. Which brings us to Option 2 - I like that picture of Alice because it reminds me of the Goddess. Option 3 - the Goddess apeared to me in a way she knew I would find pleasing. Option 4 - the Goddess is just really hot (imo).
          Hehe, yeah whatsoever your goddess looks much more "human" than any of my gods

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
            Hehe, yeah whatsoever your goddess looks much more "human" than any of my gods
            Well obviously she didn't look exactly like Oriana but yes she was pretty human looking, two arms, two legs that kind of thing. Her robes were a little more see through than my bad bit of 'paint' editing, so I could see that she had two legs. Why are your gods less human? Is it because they are based on pictures/statues of "old world" gods (who have extra arms or animal heads or whatever) or is it because you think less human means more real or more god-like? Or were you just making a joke about sex appeal?

Comment

Well obviously she didn't look exactly like Oriana but yes she was pretty human looking, two arms, two legs that kind of thing. Her robes were a little more see through than my bad bit of 'paint' editing, so I could see that she had two legs. Why are your gods less human? Is it because they are based on pictures/statues of "old world" gods (who have extra arms or animal heads or whatever) or is it because you think less human means more real or more god-like? Or were you just making a joke about sex appeal?
              What I mean is that my gods are not looking like a human (with arms, legs, and so on). Though they have a human-form, they also are what they represent. So the sun god is the sun (not just looks like the sun, but is the energy in the sun), the rain god is the rain.. ect.
              I think they tend to use their human forms in visions mosly, so that they not scare people away...
              Well... what I mean by scare people away is that if they looks like the aztecs really portraid them, (which I also portrait as they "real" form) most of them tend to look quite scary.

Comment

I would suppose that, sometimes, they take a more anthropic form when projecting themselves to us in order to not scare the piss out of people they're reaching out to. I would figure that, being spiritual entities, they have no intrinsic physical form, and take whatever form either pleases them or one that has become associated with them in the minds of their follows for convenience's sake.

Comment

Of course I'm not the only person to see the Goddess Hecate as a blonde in black robes:

Now you might think that I saw what I expected to see but I mostly went searching for pictures after meeting her. Also I used to think of Hecate as a crone goddess but when this beautiful maiden appeared before my eyes, Hecate? was the only name that came to my lips.

Comment

Comment

When you say "powerful" do you mean like in terms of build or in terms of aura? I think she was built a bit like a young Janet Farrar sort of UK dress size 10 - 12, not big but wouldn't blow over in a gail. As for height maybe 5' 7" was hard to tell as I think I was sitting on the floor at the time. But yeah she certainly "felt" powerful, I didn't have any doubts about her being a/the Goddess.

Comment

Also I used to think of Hecate as a crone goddess but when this beautiful maiden appeared before my eyes, Hecate? was the only name that came to my lips.
                        While I'm sure some do experience her as crone, it's a fairly recent way to describe her (thanks to the modern maiden-mother-crone concept, most likely). Historically speaking Hekate was usually shown/described as a young woman, much like Artemis, who she had quite a few ties to.
                        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

When you say "powerful" do you mean like in terms of build or in terms of aura?
                          In terms of an imposing aura, yes.

Comment

I saw you post this story in another thread. It seems like a really nice vision. I would love to have a god or goddess present themselves to me

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Louisvillian View Post
                            I would suppose that, sometimes, they take a more anthropic form when projecting themselves to us in order to not scare the piss out of people they're reaching out to. I would figure that, being spiritual entities, they have no intrinsic physical form, and take whatever form either pleases them or one that has become associated with them in the minds of their follows for convenience's sake.
                            I love this idea. I believe that the gods and goddesses we worship don't really have a form, so I end up associating their looks with what they represent.

Comment

I personally follow what some have called an odd mix.

Pax, Lugh, Brighid, and The Morrigan. Not necessarily in that order....

Comment

My favourites...
                                Goddesses: Hecate, Freya, Morrigan, Bride, Selene, Persephone, Luna, Hel
                                Gods: Jupiter, Odin, Pan, Poseidon

Comment

Working...
                                X