Meat Eaters are Horrible People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Eaters are Horrible People

A textbook company in India, producing textbooks books for schools, has recently published a health book which makes the following claims about carnivours:

"They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes," it says.

The chapter, full of factual inaccuracies, refers to Eskimos (Inuit) as "lazy, sluggish and short-lived", because they live on "a diet largely of meat".

It adds: "The Arabs who helped in constructing the Suez Canal lived on wheat and dates and were superior to the beef-fed Englishmen engaged in the same work."

Hmmm...

It seems they hired a Seventh-day Adventist to write the book.

It has since been withdrawn by the publisher.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Meat Eaters are Horrible People

They are right. We are horrible people. But so are vegetarians. Because we're both human.
    [4:82]

Comment

The propaganda machines, of the world, are sometimes stunningly amusing.

And sometimes stunningly frightening.

But they're always saddening.

Says one carnivore.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

How long was this book in circulation?
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
          They are right. We are horrible people. But so are vegetarians. Because we're both human.
          But aren't you a "wheat and date" eater, superior to beef fed Englishmen?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
          How long was this book in circulation?
          I'm not sure, but, from other articles I've read, long enough to be adopted by some schools.

The publisher has since apologized and withdrawn the book, but you'd think that somebody would have read the thing before it went into publication and sales...

- - - Updated - - -

The sex crimes thing explains a lot though. I know that right after a Big Mac I can hardly wait before raping somebody. I usually wait a full hour, though, so as to avoid cramps.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We all know the English are superior to everyone (or at least act it) no matter what their diets.

Comment

Wow! I have issues with people who profess to love animals and then blithely order veal, but I wouldn't call them "horrible". Today's mass market food supply has many problems.

But I'm staying far, far away from those Big Mac eaters!!!!! LOL
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The way I see it

Evil = Choice + Harm + Empathy

So if you are capable of having empathy with an animal and still choose to eat it then you are commiting an act of evil. However commiting one act of evil does not automatically mean that you will commit others and refraining from one act of evil does not automatically mean that you will refrain from others.

With my definition of evil, most of us will be a bit evil and the important thing is finding the balance that is right for you, so that you can live with yourself.

For the record I eat meat but I don't eat it every day and I avoid eating baby animals like lambs. I drink soy milk at home, cows milk at work.

Comment

I'm not a meat-eater, but I'm pretty content to let you all eat steak. Hell, eat my portion too. Eat all the cows.

Except the ones in India. They will take offense.

Mostly art.

Comment

For all you puny vegetarians, I will make up for what meat you don't eat. Herbivores were put on earth to process tough grasses and plants into protein more efficiently than carnivores can, and to pass it on to us carnivores in the form of soft, tender, flavorful, nutrient-and-energy rich meat.

I'm of southern blood, so we'uns eat whatever runs slow enough to catch. Including winded vegetarians.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Herbivores taste better. That's why I date a Vegan.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                        I'm of southern blood, so we'uns eat whatever runs slow enough to catch. Including winded vegetarians.
                        I'm not a vegetarian, but this is why I'm a heavy smoker.

I may get winded, somebody may catch me, somebody may eat me, but I'll still kill 'em - from the inside.

:eeevil:

Comment

Yes, meat eaters are horrible and vegetarians are great.... um.... like Hitler???
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            Yes, meat eaters are horrible and vegetarians are great.... um.... like Hitler???
                            Cake or death!
                            Um, cake please.
                            Well, we're out of cake!
                            So my choice is "or death?"... I'll have the chicken then.
                            Next! Cake or death!
                            I'll have the vegetarian.
                            Ah yes, here you are Mr. Hitler.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              For the record, I would not eat Hitler. German food is too heavy. Three days later & you're still not hungry.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X