Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Movie Watched?

I love movies and with Netflix, I get to watch a new movie everyday. Some are good, some are bad, and some a very very good. So, I thought it might be fun to have a thread here just for movies.

The last one I saw is "The War" starring Kevin Costner and a very very young Elijah Woods (Frodo!!!!). I loved the movie, it was very good, sad... but very good! ^_^
    My everyday wacky blog

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
    I love movies and with Netflix, I get to watch a new movie everyday. Some are good, some are bad, and some a very very good. So, I thought it might be fun to have a thread here just for movies.

The last one I saw is "The War" starring Kevin Costner and a very very young Elijah Woods (Frodo!!!!). I loved the movie, it was very good, sad... but very good! ^_^
    I like cheesy horror so my dad told me to watch Abraham Lincoln and the Zombies. It's pretty awesome if you like bad dialogue and acting. Great attention to period detail and special effects.

Comment

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It's an indie comedy about six retired Brits who for various reasons, independently choose to fly to India to "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (where they meet) and social interactions occur. One woman is incredibly racist, one is very mouthy and won't leave the hotel because of the noise, one man falls in love with a gay Indian, a woman gets a job, etc.

I just did a horrible job of describing it, but it was really quite funny. And it made me want to go back to India soooooo badly.

Mostly art.

Comment

The last movie I watched (on Netflix) was a PBS documentary called "The Music Instinct: Science & Song". They talk about music and the effect it has on us, and whether or not music is instinctive or learned. It was actually very interesting ^_^ I love all the documentaries on Netflix.

Comment

I'm extremely embarrassed, but the last movie I saw was Breaking Dawn Part 2. I read all the books back in 2008 when I was still a boy crazy teen. And I have this horrible OCD where I NEED to see the movie if I read the book. So that's what compelled me to watch the Twilight Saga. The very last movie actually didn't suck that bad.

Comment

Went and saw "wreck it ralph" with two of my nephews a couple of days ago. Real cute movie.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
              I like cheesy horror so my dad told me to watch Abraham Lincoln and the Zombies. It's pretty awesome if you like bad dialogue and acting. Great attention to period detail and special effects.
              Ah!!! My sister told me about that movie, a few months ago. It's not on Netflix yet (Boo!), but I plan to buy the dvd soon. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Moody Thursday View Post
              The last movie I watched (on Netflix) was a PBS documentary called "The Music Instinct: Science & Song". They talk about music and the effect it has on us, and whether or not music is instinctive or learned. It was actually very interesting ^_^ I love all the documentaries on Netflix.
              I have to look that one up and add it to my queue! I love documentaries on Netflix as well. They have a lot of good ones on there. I finished one about ballerinas in Russia, a week ago. It wasn't bad. And I learned what "prima donna" really means. ^_-
              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises

Comment

In the movies the last movie I watched was "Looper". On TV I think it was "Fantastic Mr. Fox".
                  [4:82]

Comment

Another movie I just watched is "School Ties", about a student that gets into a prep school but have to hide his Jewish religion. It was very good, I gave it four stars. ^_^
                    Though the naked shower brawl scene made me a lot confused... I didn't not whether to be concern by the brutality of the fight or to drool over it. o_o
                    And then I kept thinking if would two hot looking guys fight naked in this day and age? Or would they stop and say, "Let's put on a towel first... or something. This getting too gay!" ;^_^
                    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
                      Another movie I just watched is "School Ties", about a student that gets into a prep school but have to hide his Jewish religion. It was very good, I gave it four stars. ^_^
                      Though the naked shower brawl scene made me a lot confused... I didn't not whether to be concern by the brutality of the fight or to drool over it. o_o
                      And then I kept thinking if would two hot looking guys fight naked in this day and age? Or would they stop and say, "Let's put on a towel first... or something. This getting too gay!" ;^_^
                      I don't know the answer to your question, but I want to see that movie now, for purely carnal reasons.

Anyway, I think the last movie I watched was "The Maid," a Singaporean ghost story. Among other things, it made me realize that you don't see a lot of mentally retarded Asians in movies, but this one had a handicapped boy in it. Other than that it was pretty good. I don't know how true to life it was but it was interesting to see some rituals designed to ward off ghosts and "bad luck" being carried out.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        I don't know the answer to your question, but I want to see that movie now, for purely carnal reasons.

Anyway, I think the last movie I watched was "The Maid," a Singaporean ghost story. Among other things, it made me realize that you don't see a lot of mentally retarded Asians in movies, but this one had a handicapped boy in it. Other than that it was pretty good. I don't know how true to life it was but it was interesting to see some rituals designed to ward off ghosts and "bad luck" being carried out.
                        LOL! Yeah, it's really an exciting scene... Brendan Fraser and Matt Damon bare butts fighting in a shower! You will enjoy! ^o^

I gotta look up that movie, The Maid... it sounds like something I'd like. ^_-
                        My everyday wacky blog

Comment

OH and Clive, and I meant nothing homophobic there, in mentioning naked butts (I just realized that you are male. lol). I'm just a freaky girl who is most attracted to male naked butts, for some reason. I thought you were a fellow chick with the same interest too. I gotta be more careful and read the parts under the usernames or I'm liable to offend some people. Like calling a woman, "sir". ;^_^
                          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I think the last movie I watched was Brave from Disney/Pixar. I love it so much! <3

Comment

"The Business of Being Born". A documentary. I don't plan on getting pregnant any time soon, but it was interesting to see how medicine has treated pregnancies over time. From pumping a woman full of drugs, to the increase in c-sections without any reason for them, to the mistakes we've made in the past and how babies/mothers have suffered for it. They also show the women who opt to have natural births.
                              There was also something in there about "twilight sleep", which was scary as all heck.
                              So it was interesting in a science/feminine perspective. Actually, I think I'll write a review on it 'cause it was so cool. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X