Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Stephen King's It. I liked the original much better!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

American Gods,they are doing a free thing on stars. Gotta say very interesting,also where were these graphics when I was doing acid?

I may subscribe to stars just for this.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to see Thor Ragnarok today I love marvel. It's hilarious.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          Went to see Thor Ragnarok today I love marvel. It's hilarious.
          Same. This one is my favorite Thor film so far, as well as the best one of the Avengers installments.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            Same. This one is my favorite Thor film so far, as well as the best one of the Avengers installments.
            It's kind of a tie with dark world for me (I know most people don't like dark world quite as much but I loved it). I missed a little more character depth in some places, but it was reaĺy good and I was laughing all the way through
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I just saw the Interview. Amazing piece of funny.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I watched Pocahontas II. The last movie at the theaters was Jigsaw. Love the Saw.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The Last Jedi

The execution was entertaining enough to cover a multitude of sins. This is a good thing given just how many sins needed covering.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    The Last Jedi

The execution was entertaining enough to cover a multitude of sins. This is a good thing given just how many sins needed covering.
                    I was wondering how long it'd take you to watch that. I saw it this weekend too.

I found it entertaining, although, in forty years, you'd think the rebel Alliance would have made a bit more of a mark against the dark force.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I was wondering how long it'd take you to watch that. I saw it this weekend too.

I found it entertaining, although, in forty years, you'd think the rebel Alliance would have made a bit more of a mark against the dark force.
                      One of my two largest issues ties into this. The writers fail at scale forever. Apparently going off the opening crawls, the Alliance did reform the Republic between Episodes 6 and 7. Destroying the Hosnian system in Force Awakens was to throw the Republic into chaos and take out the Republic fleet. Last Jedi occurs in the aftermath of that. The problem is that we are talking about Star Wars not Battlestar Galactica. The Republic is supposed to cover a decent portion of the galaxy. Destroying one major fleet base should end not in a crippled Republic but Mon Calamari cruiser spam on dozens of worlds simultaneously. Once word spread that Starkiller Base blew up, the Republic should've launched a killing spree that would make Palpatine proud. Apparently though, the Republic lost 95% or more of its fleet because the script writers didn't comprehend scale and only gave a government spanning a huge portion of the galaxy one major fleet base.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Maybe there were budget cuts in the Republic's defense spending?
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Maybe there were budget cuts in the Republic's defense spending?
                          From what I understand, the Republic in the new movies is significantly less militatized then the New Republic in Legends canon was but the degree of de-militarization necessary for this to make sense isn't sane. If the entire navy protecting your multi-thousand star system nation can be taken out with a strike on one solar system then you are doing something wrong.

Comment

I saw it, too - I'm far more well-versed in Trek world than Wars world, but I liked it. I also saw "Tatterdemalion" which was filmed locally. Excellent mix of drugs/PTSD/folklore/child abuse. The Ozarks personified.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Infinity War

As a rule, I prefer my movies not to end in To Be Continued. Ignoring that I'm impatient and want Avengers 4 out sometime before next May, it was pretty good. I have some minor complaints here and there but it wasn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X