Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie Watched?

Nov 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan
    Phrase
    70% of my body is sugar and coffee... the rest is squirrel. ^_^

Last Movie Watched?

I love movies and with Netflix, I get to watch a new movie everyday. Some are good, some are bad, and some a very very good. So, I thought it might be fun to have a thread here just for movies.

The last one I saw is "The War" starring Kevin Costner and a very very young Elijah Woods (Frodo!!!!). I loved the movie, it was very good, sad... but very good! ^_^

May 2012
    Religion
    Polytheist

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    I love movies and with Netflix, I get to watch a new movie everyday. Some are good, some are bad, and some a very very good. So, I thought it might be fun to have a thread here just for movies.

The last one I saw is "The War" starring Kevin Costner and a very very young Elijah Woods (Frodo!!!!). I loved the movie, it was very good, sad... but very good! ^_^
    I like cheesy horror so my dad told me to watch Abraham Lincoln and the Zombies. It's pretty awesome if you like bad dialogue and acting. Great attention to period detail and special effects.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It's an indie comedy about six retired Brits who for various reasons, independently choose to fly to India to "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (where they meet) and social interactions occur. One woman is incredibly racist, one is very mouthy and won't leave the hotel because of the noise, one man falls in love with a gay Indian, a woman gets a job, etc.

I just did a horrible job of describing it, but it was really quite funny. And it made me want to go back to India soooooo badly.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Moody Thursday

The last movie I watched (on Netflix) was a PBS documentary called "The Music Instinct: Science & Song". They talk about music and the effect it has on us, and whether or not music is instinctive or learned. It was actually very interesting ^_^ I love all the documentaries on Netflix.

Nov 2012
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

I'm extremely embarrassed, but the last movie I saw was Breaking Dawn Part 2. I read all the books back in 2008 when I was still a boy crazy teen. And I have this horrible OCD where I NEED to see the movie if I read the book. So that's what compelled me to watch the Twilight Saga. The very last movie actually didn't suck that bad.

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Went and saw "wreck it ralph" with two of my nephews a couple of days ago. Real cute movie.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Nov 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I like cheesy horror so my dad told me to watch Abraham Lincoln and the Zombies. It's pretty awesome if you like bad dialogue and acting. Great attention to period detail and special effects.
    Ah!!! My sister told me about that movie, a few months ago. It's not on Netflix yet (Boo!), but I plan to buy the dvd soon. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Thursday View Post
    The last movie I watched (on Netflix) was a PBS documentary called "The Music Instinct: Science & Song". They talk about music and the effect it has on us, and whether or not music is instinctive or learned. It was actually very interesting ^_^ I love all the documentaries on Netflix.
    I have to look that one up and add it to my queue! I love documentaries on Netflix as well. They have a lot of good ones on there. I finished one about ballerinas in Russia, a week ago. It wasn't bad. And I learned what "prima donna" really means. ^_-

Nov 2012
    Religion
    Erisian - NOT Discordian
    Phrase
    I'll something your something.

The Dark Knight Rises

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

In the movies the last movie I watched was "Looper". On TV I think it was "Fantastic Mr. Fox".
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Nov 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan
    Phrase

Another movie I just watched is "School Ties", about a student that gets into a prep school but have to hide his Jewish religion. It was very good, I gave it four stars. ^_^
    Though the naked shower brawl scene made me a lot confused... I didn't not whether to be concern by the brutality of the fight or to drool over it. o_o
    And then I kept thinking if would two hot looking guys fight naked in this day and age? Or would they stop and say, "Let's put on a towel first... or something. This getting too gay!" ;^_^