• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Underworld

Comment

I just finished watching the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, which was such the good idea considering I've been having trouble with nightmares lately.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Resident Evil:Retribution... and it was really awful. I love these films and was so disappointed!
        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Gremlins

Comment

Since I was without internet since Monday, I've recently revisited The Matrix Trilogy. It never gets old. ^_^
            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
              Since I was without internet since Monday, I've recently revisited The Matrix Trilogy. It never gets old. ^_^
              So true. Despite some of the many plot holes, those movies are fantastic. That trilogy has to be up there on my "All time favorites list."
              (If making one of those lists was even possible )
              "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
              nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
              As blending the Light with the Dark
              merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

We went and saw The Hobbit today. Fantasy isn't usually my thing, but I liked it. It was just too fricken long. By the time it was over my ass and legs were killing me from sitting for so long.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                  We went and saw The Hobbit today. Fantasy isn't usually my thing, but I liked it. It was just too fricken long. By the time it was over my ass and legs were killing me from sitting for so long.
                  I take it you didn't read the books. I saw the Hobbit last night, and yes, aside from being too long, I actually didn't like it. I wanted to walk out about half way through. They spent 2 3/4 hours on SIX CHAPTERS of an 18 chapter book.

I feel really 'meh' about the movie.

Mostly art.

Comment

Currently watching Sundance channel. They are playing Good Morning Vietnam. Great movie. And I love they do it without commercials.

*re-thinks cord cutting
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I take it you didn't read the books. I saw the Hobbit last night, and yes, aside from being too long, I actually didn't like it. I wanted to walk out about half way through. They spent 2 3/4 hours on SIX CHAPTERS of an 18 chapter book.

I feel really 'meh' about the movie.
                      I read The Hobbit in 8th grade, which was 13 years ago. I remember bits and pieces of it, but not too much. I do remember enjoying the book, though. I've had the LotR trilogy for years but never got around to reading it. I'm sure I will get to it some day before I die. lol

I liked it because it was cool for what it was, but yeah, they're definitely stretching it out far too much for the sake of making a buck.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

I read The Hobbit in 8th grade, which was 13 years ago. I remember bits and pieces of it, but not too much. I do remember enjoying the book, though. I've had the LotR trilogy for years but never got around to reading it. I'm sure I will get to it some day before I die. lol

I liked it because it was cool for what it was, but yeah, they're definitely stretching it out far too much for the sake of making a buck.
                        Yay! I'm not the only one here that hasn't read the books! LoTR fans treat me like an leper because I've never read the books... I own them, started the first one but never finished, and so I am branded "not really a fan". Although, I own the trilogy on dvd, watched them repeatedly and memorized lines, and dying to see The Hobbit... maybe when it comes out on dvd. I can't seem to have time to visit the cinema. u_u

Anyhoo, I feel nervous about now with everyone complaining about it being too long. I hate when a good story is being stretched out too much in order give the illusion that you're getting more for your dollar. It ruins the overall story, in general. >_<
                        My everyday wacky blog

Comment

You should not have to read the books to be considered a real fan. it is wrong of people to treat fans of the movies only as something less than fans. I stole and read the books when I was quite a bit too little to understand them properly. Having read them just gives me a different perspective on the movies, which are quite well done, that said, I have heard nothing very pleasant baout the hobbit, which makes me sad, cause I am so looking forward to it.
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Don't let my opinion ruin anyone's movie. As I said, I'm not a fantasy fan in the first place, but even I enjoyed the movie. The length only bothered me because I don't care too much for going to the movies. I'm kind of a nester and I like being able to move around and walk about while I'm watching a movie. The chairs hurt my ass and the movie was long, that's my only complaint.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Don't let my opinion ruin anyone's movie. As I said, I'm not a fantasy fan in the first place, but even I enjoyed the movie. The length only bothered me because I don't care too much for going to the movies. I'm kind of a nester and I like being able to move around and walk about while I'm watching a movie. The chairs hurt my ass and the movie was long, that's my only complaint.
                              I have heard from others that it is too long, and the paper's review was pretty bad. The only person who I heard from that had nothing to say negatively about it was my little brother who went to see it for the special effects...
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

LOL! I shouldn't laugh, but sorry the chairs hurt your ass. I know what you mean, I use to go to bad cinemas that had horrible seats, until I found a chain called AMC Theaters in my city, which have the best seats ever. They cost more than other places, but worth it for long movies. And don't worry about me, even when the reviews are bad and people around me say that a movie sucks or have complaints, I still watch it... because I'm stubborn and want to find out for myself if it's true. Sometimes it is! I was warned about Twilight but had to go see it anyways... bored me to tears. ;^_^
                                My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Working...
                                X