Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Prostitution should be legal. Why can I give it away for free but not sell it?!
    Totally agree. Regulate it, make the workers do STD tests and practice safe sex, tax the hell out of it like any other vice.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      Prostitution should be legal. Why can I give it away for free but not sell it?!
      Well, you can't sell the act, but you can sell the films.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post

Totally agree. Regulate it, make the workers do STD tests and practice safe sex, tax the hell out of it like any other vice.
        I think the clients should also be subjected to std tests. But that's just my opinion. Why should all the burden be on the people selling, when the profession wouldn't even exist of no one was buying.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          I think the clients should also be subjected to std tests. But that's just my opinion. Why should all the burden be on the people selling, when the profession wouldn't even exist of no one was buying.
          I would love that too, but unfortunately, some STD tests take days, even weeks, to come back. Unless it could be instantaneous, that'd never happen.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Well now it seems you can test using a smart phone..I don't have a link,but you can search for it..read it a few days ago

Link
            http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/1...app-test-stds/

- - - Updated - - -

This is how it would work: A user would put urine or saliva on a computer chip about the size of a USB chip and then plug it into their phone or computer. And voila, a diagnosis will appear right before their eyes.

Ok,pee on my phone please..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

You know, though, it's doesn't always work that well in practice when it's legal. Prostitution is 100% legal here, but not all of the girls get tested. They're -supposed- to, but it's hard to police it all the time. Most do get tested, but it's not often enough that accidents don't happen.

Protection is a bigger issue. That's really hard to police, and as it stands, there's a HUGE price competition going on right now. Basically, there are a TON of prostitutes around, and they work for surprisingly little money and do a LOT for it. Including sex without a condom.

I feel iffy about legal prostitution because the whole industry here is so appalling (It seems like every brothel I read or hear about is run by an awful, awful person), but there doesn't seem to be a better alternative. If it's illegal, human trafficking is a lot harder to weed out. There are issues with legal prostitution here, but at least almost all of the girls are doing it out of their own free will (note: trafficking still does happen, but instances are not as high as in a lot of other Western European countries).

Comment

Keith Urban: gay. Tom Cruise: Gay. Nicole Kidman: raised to believe in gentlemen.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Keith Urban: gay. Tom Cruise: Gay. Nicole Kidman: raised to believe in gentlemen.
                  Did you know that when Nicole Kidman first came to the US she lived with Deborah Lee Furness? And is best friends with Naomi Watts?

Naomi who is married to Sabertooth?
                  And Deborah who is married to Wolverine?
                  And they are all friends?

I digress. I just hopped on a chance to be on topic with Wolverine talk.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I find myself gravitating toward male authors when it comes to horror novels it seems. Though on my top ten list lie two awesome female writers. And my fave writing idol is Anais Nin. I just prefer how males view and write I guess. They tend to have a more understated way of writing emotions. At least in a way I can relate to.

Plus if you use a name like Becky in your professional life...i nix you right off the list. Sorry Becky.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Plus if you use a name like Becky in your professional life...i nix you right off the list. Sorry Becky.

Hey! That's my momma's name!

(not that she signs stuff with that, but still)
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I find myself gravitating toward male authors when it comes to horror novels it seems. Though on my top ten list lie two awesome female writers. And my fave writing idol is Anais Nin. I just prefer how males view and write I guess. They tend to have a more understated way of writing emotions. At least in a way I can relate to.

(This is not directed at you at all, Duce) but this is why a lot of female writers either use their initials or male pen names. It's been proven that people are less likely to buy books written by women.

But yeah, use a professional name, Becky.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

(This is not directed at you at all, Duce) but this is why a lot of female writers either use their initials or male pen names. It's been proven that people are less likely to buy books written by women.

But yeah, use a professional name, Becky.
                          Unless you can be Batman ....

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                            Unless you can be Batman ....
                            I would buy the hell out of a book written by Batman.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I would buy the hell out of a book written by Batman.
                              I probably wouldn't pick up anything by Bruce Wayne, though. Bruce Wayne sounds like someone who'd write self-help or motivational books. Things like 'Who Moved My Cheese?', or 'Energy Dynamics for Modern Office Relationships'.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                                Bruce Wayne sounds like someone who'd write self-help or motivational books.
                                He's supposed to be a socialite playboy though, so a steamy tell-all "auto"biography would be in the cards as well.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X