Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    I think that elderly people should have to take a driver's test to be able to keep driving. Hell, I think that not-elderly people probably should too. I'm not adverse to having to do a driver's test every ten years.

Things change. Cars change. Road rules change. The road is not the same place it was sixty years ago. And it will not be the same place by the time I'm in my eighties.
    My great grandpa agreed with you. When he turned 88, he decided that he should have to take a driver's test before renewing his driver's license. He passed. He insisted on taking the test every 4 years after that (the number of years until a Texas DL expires), when it came time to renew his license.

His birthday was April 5, 1906.

On his 96th birthday, he retook the test, and renewed his license, resulting in a driver's license with identical birthdate and expiration date: 04/05/06... yes, 4 5 6

He passed away 2 weeks before time to renew again.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I think people who look down on others for using a lot of technology - especially voicing this opinion over the internet - are self-righteous hypocrites.

I don't believe sharing pictures of gruesome animal cruelty accomplishes anything in 90%+ of cases.

When people boast about how "crazy" they are using textboxes and celebrity quotes I shake my head and dismiss them as ignorant idiots who have never experienced the crushing reality of mental illness.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Bacon smells good. Bacon tastes gross. But don't listen to me, man - I'm a vegetarian
        Bacon smells horrible... but it tastes so good.

If bacon didn't taste so good, the smell of bacon would vacate the house every morning.

Bacon stinks, and that stink fills the house in a hurry...but it stinks so good!

- - - Updated - - -

Another unpopular opinion:

I am a person, who usually finds himself VERY far to the right side of the political scale (except for social conservatism... I am VERY liberal there... but, really, that is in line with how far right I lean... individual liberty is paramount: be it abortion, sexual preference, or ice cream preference)... often so far to the right that Tea Partiers and Fundamentalists say, "WTF, dude?"

This might not be unpopular in this group, but, to "Right Wingers," this is VERY unpopular: I think that the Affordable Health Care Act ("ObamaCare") is a f**king solid plan.
        Last edited by ThorsSon; 28 Nov 2013, 00:04.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
          Bacon smells horrible... but it tastes so good.

If bacon didn't taste so good, the smell of bacon would vacate the house every morning.

Bacon stinks, and that stink fills the house in a hurry...but it stinks so good!
          I love bacon. But I don't love the internet's obsession with it.

Comment

Alright, here I go.

I do not like feminism. I believe that women should have their rights, yes. But I do not believe women should be treated like Goddesses simply because they're women. I've seen far more misandry than misogyny in my life and that misandry is far more common nowadays. Equality: they're doing it wrong. >< However, I will agree with them on one thing: gender roles are unnecessary. But I think that's a social issue, not just a woman's rights issue.

I do not like babies. Yes, they're cute and all, but once you've stayed with them, you lose your mind.

I actually don't care about Miley Cyrus's VMA performance. She can do whatever she wants. I don't judge. However, I do love the faces that Will Smith and his family made. XD Priceless!

Comment

I think Paula Deen deserved the ridicule and ostracism she received.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I hate conservative Republican beliefs.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

here goes nothing lmao:

Old people are told to be the Elderly in need of help and suppose to be respected...well I've come to notice that they are the first ones to cut infront of you in line at a store, if you dare say something they get really rude, also they are the first to beat you with their cane down in the subtrain stations if you don't get out of their way...most old people are not old and cute and wise and nice.most of them are mean and I have no idea where cute comes in.

Brad Pitt is nowhere close to breathtakingly gorgeous like everyone always says.

Yes I like Twilight but I find it was taken to an extreme.

I like the idea of having the death penalty for certain things and would support this with my vote.

furthermore I don't think Obama is an evil person, I think he is most likely a really great guy...is he fit for a presidency...i think he is just too fragile.

I hate dogs ok. i don't see the cutness!! They drool, they stink...They constantly beg for your food and are horribly annoying with their stupid barking and seriously having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to take them out in the rain or snow or a frikken tornado seriously BLOWS!!! further more they take up all the frikken space in your bed...if you don't let them in (which is what a dog owner would say "just dont let him in your bedrooooom" blah blah) they wine and scratch at the door keeping you up all frikken night...so you let them in (praying to god you're finaly gunna get some shut eye, HENCE you gotta get up at 5 IN THE FRIKKEN MORNING) ...so we are back to not having any space in bed!!! AND then for a thank you from the oh so sweet (evil and demonic) doggy dog he farts in your f**king face...
                  <-- would NEVER own a dog
                  Last edited by Guest; 28 Nov 2013, 01:37.

Comment

^ Unpopular opinion: What you just described about dogs could easily be applied to Danial, especially the part where he farts in my face... :=I:
                    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                      ^ Unpopular opinion: What you just described about dogs could easily be applied to Danial, especially the part where he farts in my face... :=I:
                      HAHAHAHA true...OMG that was so frikken funny. I nearly died, no joke.
                      hmmmm just had an interesting thought...alot of these things can be applies to kids...
                      >_>
                      <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Daughter of Toothless View Post
                        Alright, here I go. .
                        Wow way to totally misunderstand one of the most important movements for basic human dignity and rights in a spectacular display of ignorance. Feminism is about equality, get it through your head.

Anyway...

I hate football. I hate it with a seething passion and the white trash antics it seems to attract. I hate how it takes up space on T.V. and don't understand why they can't just put it on one of the many sports channels out there. It's boring to watch and entirely dull to play if you can't tackle anyone to the ground and even then it can be pretty uninteresting.

I hate Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and anyone like them. They're basically just evangelists of nothing who act in an equally ignorant fashion to those they criticize and frequently attack very logical schools of thought and people who really did nothing to deserve it. They are some of the worst kind of literalists and as dense as a mile thick wall of granite.

I dislike pagans who pray to satan. Seriously? We spend so much of history fighting this stereotype that we're amoral devil worshipers and some of us want to go back and confirm their worst fears?

I think people over use technology and to be frank I despise a lot of the crap I'm required to do over the net these days. Do I like my lap top? Yes. Do I like my mp3 player? Hell yeah. But there is such a thing as overuse and becoming over reliant. There are a number of things I'd prefer to do the good old fashioned way. Hell. People think they can throw a piece of software at everything to fix it and that just grates on my nerves. Last but not least I hate the cell phone. I would be happier in a world with out this extra piece of tech to worry about with all the wireless plans and people calling me or people getting miffed at me for turning off my phone when I don't want them calling me in the first place.

I think men are extraordinarily vain, perhaps more so than any woman and I am a man. We just don't like to call it that. Men are the most preening self absorbed people I know.

I am an anarchist. I don't believe in countries, leaders, or mortal laws. They're detrimental, stifling, and serve only to create conflict and obstacles to doing the right thing. Humans would be better off if they just followed social and spiritual path of evolutionary success by learning to cooperate and ignoring petty differences.

I have a deep disdain for most electronic music artists. To me most of it sounds like a dull synthesized thudding with no real power behind each beat.

I dislike kids and being around kids. Oddly enough I want to have one or two of my own.

I think muscular and heavy set women can be very extremely gorgeous.

I think Friedrich Nietzsche was a moron who developed an idiotic school of thought that is extremely moralistic and evangelistic in its own right that world would be better off without.

I think the world needs more religion not less. I'm not talking about a convert or die thing. I mean people who sit down, read, contemplate and really think about it. People who sincerely follow what they claim to believe and think deeply upon it rather than paying lip service like these televangelists. People who pray for wisdom.

Living is overrated. I'm not suicidal and I'm not saying life isn't worth living. Death replenishes the world in one way or another. It's part of the natural cycle of things. Many ancient cultures realized it maintains the balance and that being a mortal who is not meant to live forever in a physical form would be agonizing in some way. Only the soul, the deities, and the spirits are meant to be immortal.

I don't believe in reincarnation. It just doesn't make sense to me in certain ways. No harsh words here and I don't have anything against those who do. I just don't believe in it.

I believe in heaven and hell though some pagan circles might seem a bit shocked by the idea.

I don't care for Dr.Who and think it's overrated. I don't have anything against whoovians. I just don't think it's as great as people say.

The Next Generation is better than the original Star Trek series.

I consider One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach to be series that receive more praise than they deserve.

I think killing a dog or a cat or any other such animal should warrant a life sentence if done intentionally.

That's all just the tip of the ice berg for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                          Feminism is about equality, get it through your head.
                          Feminism is purported to be about equality, but never has been. People don't talk about Martin Luther King, Jr. as a feminist icon. The Stonewall Riots aren't considered a feminist milestone.

It's always been about women.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            Feminism is purported to be about equality, but never has been. People don't talk about Martin Luther King, Jr. as a feminist icon. The Stonewall Riots aren't considered a feminist milestone.

It's always been about women.
                            You really don't understand feminism. It is about equality. Making sure that women are treated equally to all others. Whether you can see it or not, there are male feminists and the destruction of the oppressive patriarchal paradigm experiencing a slow death will bring greater equality for everyone by destroying preconceived notions about gender roles that are utter bull. Fighting for human rights and social justice is about equality and feminism is a part of that great crusade for the rights of all humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                              You really don't understand feminism. It is about equality. Making sure that women are treated equally to all others. Whether you can see it or not, there are male feminists and the destruction of the oppressive patriarchal paradigm experiencing a slow death will bring greater equality for everyone by destroying preconceived notions about gender roles that are utter bull. Fighting for human rights and social justice is about equality and feminism is a part of that great crusade for the rights of all humans.
                              All that is being said is that feminism is completely and utterly exaggerated. I mean come on the women who follow feminist groups think it's offensive when their partner says something like the following even in just a joking manner: "hey cupcake would you mind making me a sandwich?!"
                              most of the women who follow these groups take it all to a whole new level which makes the cause look bad. that is all. the cause itself may be good, but when you have a bunch of people making it look like crap people are going to believe it's crap. simple.

Comment

What you just said is entirely my point, it's about equality only as it pertains to women. Mostly white middle class American women at that. I'm not saying that feminism is bad, or that there are no women's rights issues.

However, it is disingenuous to say feminism is about equality. At least not without appending it with "for women."
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X