Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Moody Thursday View Post
    Ehhh... It's a little more complicated than that, but off-topic. I'd like to see this being discussed as a separate thread and see what everyone thinks.
    Feel free to copy and paste what has been said into a new thread.

Comment

Polygamy is okay

Cannibalism can be okay

The U.S. is a far too prideful and smug country and they should stuff it and stop trying to save everyone who isnt asking for help

There should be human breeding and adoption programs so we don't end up with thousands of children without parents, irresponsible parents with 12 kids, or sterile loving couples incapable of getting through the arduous process of adoption.

The world's countries need to have better relations and stop wasting crap (especially america). Money is far too important, america alone can feed the whole world but most of the food spoils waiting to be sold. Continuing, America has a ton of starving people but we still keep sending aid to third world countries. Take care of us first.

Several pop stars should be burned alive for the crime of corrupting the next generation.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Like Medusa, I also don't like babies. Kids, yes. Babies, god no.
        If it makes you feel any better I don't like kids at all. Unless they're really nice or not loud and obnoxious at all.
        Until the day comes where they fit that category, they have all of my dislike.
        "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
        nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
        As blending the Light with the Dark
        merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Here's one of my (seemingly) unpopular opinion:

While he's not my favorite singer/actor, Justin Bieber does seem to have some talent and I think people are being total jerks when they keep putting him down. Seriously? Other than being famous as a kid, what has he done to deserve all the disrespect he's been getting?
          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
            Here's one of my (seemingly) unpopular opinion:

While he's not my favorite singer/actor, Justin Bieber does seem to have some talent and I think people are being total jerks when they keep putting him down. Seriously? Other than being famous as a kid, what has he done to deserve all the disrespect he's been getting?
            Well, he's not BAD, but the songs that made him popular were songs he didn't write. And those songs weren't even good songs. It takes more than just having a good voice and being cute to show talent. There's lots and lots of kids out there with an amazing voice AND they can do other things. Like write their own music and play an instrument.
            So I think where all this hate stems from is the knowledge that there are more deserving people of fame and fortune and that he kinda got the easy way out. He does have a nice voice, but I think he needs to stray from all this generic crap, stop singing songs about girls, and actually write something beautiful and unique.

Comment

I was only posting my opinion (which is what this topic calls for). Not looking for justification on why people think they way they do.
              In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I was only posting my opinion (which is what this topic calls for). Not looking for justification on why people think they way they do.
                I totally hate Bieber to be honest. But that kid has a great work ethic and is an extremely talented musician *yeah he plays quite a few instruments well) for a kid his age.
                Too bad he's a complete douche.

Edited to add:
                Some women do indeed deserved to be smacked. Yeah I went there.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I totally hate Bieber to be honest. But that kid has a great work ethic and is an extremely talented musician *yeah he plays quite a few instruments well) for a kid his age.
                  Too bad he's a complete douche.
                  All of that.
                  He's definitely talented, I'll give him that, but likeable? Nah. He's just a glorified tool.
                  "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                  nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                  As blending the Light with the Dark
                  merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

2nd Installment:

I think Dr. Oz is a worse charlatan than 'Dr'. Phil.

Natural and organic do not automatically = better or safer.

Most of what passes as 'herbal medicine' today comes from seriously outdated and often-times completely false information from the 1800s.

The Doctrine of Signatures and homeopathy are b.s.

Unless you have certain digestive disorders, no one needs a colon cleanse.

There is no such thing as a 'blood cleanser'.

'Detox' diets are baloney. If you really have absorbed a ton of heavy metals or toxins, you need chelation, not a lemon-water fast.

Except in the case of certain disorders, the human body is remarkably efficient at keeping what it needs and getting rid of what it doesn't.

Fat is fat, protein is protein, carbohydrates are carbohydrates. There is no 'good' or 'bad', only chemistry.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post

This. Dear god, this!

While I'm at it...

-I feel while sometimes tv programming does have factual stuff, citing it as a way to "trump" someone is asinine and pompous.

-I think most book clubs are just ways for some women not to admit they have drinking buddies or back pat for buying trendy books. Ok, sometimes I feel it's even both.

-I suspect a lot of tips having to do with cloth on pinterest are from people who can't sew.

-I think melodic black metal is just a new name for power metal.

-I think the '50s throwback stuff is just a very elaborate marketing ploy targeting my generation.

-I feel while nostalgia can be fun it's overrated at best and at worst escapism.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to try and prove your opinion false. I was just trying to think of reasons why someone WOULD dislike Beiber. Just sort of thinking out loud, you know? I totally respect your opinion though. You have the right to feel and think whatever you want

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                          2nd Installment:

Natural and organic do not automatically = better or safer.

Most of what passes as 'herbal medicine' today comes from seriously outdated and often-times completely false information from the 1800s.

The Doctrine of Signatures and homeopathy are b.s.

Unless you have certain digestive disorders, no one needs a colon cleanse.

There is no such thing as a 'blood cleanser'.

'Detox' diets are baloney. If you really have absorbed a ton of heavy metals or toxins, you need chelation, not a lemon-water fast.

Except in the case of certain disorders, the human body is remarkably efficient at keeping what it needs and getting rid of what it doesn't.

Fat is fat, protein is protein, carbohydrates are carbohydrates. There is no 'good' or 'bad', only chemistry.
                          Agree with all of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Another one that I feel pretty strongly, even as a sometime-songwriter:

-You do NOT have to write your own songs and play your own instruments to be a talented singer. Prior to the Beatles, it was VERY rare that singers wrote their own songs. You don't hear anyone say that Ella Fitzgerald wasn't a good singer because she didn't write her own songs. There are still lots of traditions where people largely don't, such as jazz and bluegrass, and to be honest, while there are a lot of talented singer/songwriters in both genres, often attempts to go "mainstream" and write songs while singing end up in mediocrity. Same goes for playing instruments. You can be a great, talented singer and not be able to play instruments that well, and I don't think it makes you less of a musician. Voice IS an instrument, and BELIEVE ME, it's an effing hard one, because you don't just get to press a key or fret to get your note...you have to be able to hear it. It's like being an athlete and a musician at the same time, because you have to control breath, posture, muscles, and all that jazz while you concentrate on the artistic and technical sides of singing.

It's great if you can do all 3, and if you can do 2, good on you. But if you just sing and don't write or play an instrument (and just because you don't in your professional career doesn't mean you can't at all...it just maybe means that you don't feel you're good enough at guitar or whatever to do it on stage...I know I feel that way), it does NOT make you less talented. There are lots of people who are great singers who JUST sing who are ten times the musician as some of the people who sing, write, and play something.

Comment

Also...

Capitalism works. There are different ways of practicing capitalism, and some of them work and some of them don't, but the whole idea isn't broken. The problems we're having now are not due to capitalism in general not functioning...they're due to de-regulation and the breakdown of the public social safety net (education, health care, etc). On the flip side of this, operating on a pure market basis does NOT work. I can see how the market deciding everything works in theory, but it's a theory that doesn't factor in human nature at all. Sometimes, some things can't function on a market basis, and those things are still important (arts, equal access to health care and education, etc). You need to have a balance between public sector support, regulation, and a market economy. If you tip that balance too much either way, things don't work anymore.

Comment

I think people who feel that vinyl records are superior in sound to cd's are full of shit. Thanks for reminding me of that one, DanieMarie.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

New born babies are not pretty they look like potatoes
                                Republicans are evil
                                snakes are cute
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X