Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

As much as the idea of scottish independence is nice, I do not think it is currently viable and do not believe it will be viable by the referendum in 2014.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids

Even though shows like the x-factor can give some people the break they want, I don't think shows like that are healthy.

Comment

Pro choice. Abort everything!

Mostly art.

Comment

I have never eaten a breakfast food (Except those that come in bowls...) that could not be improved by a heaping spoonfull of tartar sauce plopped right on top.

That goes double for pancakes! Never tried it on the pancakes that come with strawberry and whipped cream, though. Maybe tomorrow... I'll get back to you on that.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I believe that people should be good to each other. I believe they should care for and about the sick and disabled. I believe all healthcare should be free at the point of use. I believe education should be free up to and including a bachelor's degree.

I believe we should stop judging those around us, because we simply don't know what choices they faced, what options they had, to bring them where they are today.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

There is no invisible eye in the sky keeping track of what I do.

There is no invisible hand on my shoulder, guiding me.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Unlike most people here or most people my age, I actually -don't- think post-secondary education should be free. I really DO want to think it should be, but it was free here and it doesn't work. Hell, it's still pretty cheap and the uni system is pretty abused. People take forever to do their degrees....I think it should be affordable and there should be lots of support for those who have trouble financially (including grants that do NOT have to be paid back), but I don't think it should be completely free. Primary and Secondary education should always be free for everyone.

Comment

I think animals are smart, can think, reason, have emotions and senses of humor.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  There is no invisible eye in the sky keeping track of what I do.
                  Google maps?
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Pale is better than tan.

Comment

I think it's perfectly ok to judge people.
                      I judge away!
                      We all do it. I'm just more honest.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Here's one I discovered today.

I like Cheese Nips over Cheez-its.
                        The taste is better in my opinion.
                        They're both great, but you know.
                        "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                        nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                        As blending the Light with the Dark
                        merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

I think hospitals should be for free.
                          ~ flowers are our only garments
                          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In Canada they are paid for by taxes.

And in my opinion I think taxes should be raised and not lowered. Frankly it scares the crap out of me when I hear taxes are being lowered.

Comment

In Denmark they are paid for taxes too. I just like the idea, and agree with you.
                              ~ flowers are our only garments
                              only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by DashREM View Post
                                In Canada they are paid for by taxes.

And in my opinion I think taxes should be raised and not lowered. Frankly it scares the crap out of me when I hear taxes are being lowered.
                                Me too. Unless we're talking about Germany, because our taxes are higher than Canada AND we have to pay extra for health insurance. /bitter

I do miss Canada sometimes....

An unpopular thing here: Germany does a lot of things wrong and its success up until now in the Euro crisis has not a lot to do with its policy, but rather the fact that it's largely an exporting economy and the low Euro makes German goods cheaper on the world market. It's also somewhat sheltered by the fact that much of said export economy is smaller or midsize companies in niche industries that no one else does. If this weren't the case, its policies would be leaving it in a pretty deep hole at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X