Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The full moon will be here in a couple days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The full moon will be here in a couple days.

November, 28th on Wednesday. At least, that's when it is for me.

I strongly believe that the cycle of the moon can influence our daily lives and determine when certain magick is the strongest. However, I've never gotten around to casting certain spells designed around the moon cycle.

The full moon is supposed to be the most powerful (most energy), therefor it is best to preform spells that require a lot of extra energy.

Does anyone else follow the moon and include it in their magick? And if so, does anyone know any good spells for the full moon? Or any other moon cycle? I could just google some spells, but I would rather get a spell from an experienced witch in this community. I trust you guys better than a google search

Re: The full moon will be here in a couple days.

It depends on what you are looking to do, I tend (which is odd) to avoid spellwork on the full moon. I find I myself tend to be more than a little bit unsteady on full moon days, So I usually try to stick to energy cleansing, or meditation. I will occasionally include trancework in full moon days, but that is also unusual, for me at least.
    That is not to say I don't use the moon, I just avoid the full aspect... I find that workings done at the time of the new moon tend to work out better for me, and are far better in their working, less odd feelings in the background muddling up the works.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The full moon affects me in ways I can't even explain or understand, so I definitely agree that it has a certain power. Not sure about performing spells though, I'm still a beginner and I'd be too scared of getting it wrong! Much less pressure when the moon isn't full lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
        It depends on what you are looking to do, I tend (which is odd) to avoid spellwork on the full moon. I find I myself tend to be more than a little bit unsteady on full moon days, So I usually try to stick to energy cleansing, or meditation. I will occasionally include trancework in full moon days, but that is also unusual, for me at least.
        That is not to say I don't use the moon, I just avoid the full aspect... I find that workings done at the time of the new moon tend to work out better for me, and are far better in their working, less odd feelings in the background muddling up the works.
        That's very interesting. I read from a website that the full moon and the magick you do on that day can also be determined by which zodiac sign you are. I'm a Pisces, so my recommended magick is "magick involving dreamwork, clairvoyance, telepathy, music, and the creative arts. Healing rituals for ailments of the feet or lymph glands are also done at this time." I'm going to try some of that out and see how it works for me. What is your sign? Perhaps that could explain some things.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadJellyfish View Post
          That's very interesting. I read from a website that the full moon and the magick you do on that day can also be determined by which zodiac sign you are. I'm a Pisces, so my recommended magick is "magick involving dreamwork, clairvoyance, telepathy, music, and the creative arts. Healing rituals for ailments of the feet or lymph glands are also done at this time." I'm going to try some of that out and see how it works for me. What is your sign? Perhaps that could explain some things.
          That is an interesting thought, I try not to worry too much about the moon phases most of the time, If the timing feels right to do something, chances are the time is right to do something. (for me anyway) I only avoid the full moon because I have a tendancy to be rather depressed when the full moon rolls around, this is likely linked to other functions of being a lady... but it is what it is... I just become depressed easily around there every month...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowOfTheMoon View Post
            The full moon affects me in ways I can't even explain or understand, so I definitely agree that it has a certain power. Not sure about performing spells though, I'm still a beginner and I'd be too scared of getting it wrong! Much less pressure when the moon isn't full lol.
            When preforming a spell, the only thing you should really be worried about is what your spell could cause. If you preform a spell to gain something, is there anything that would be sacrificed for your gain?
            An example: you want to do better in school. Is there anything that would be sacrificed? Perhaps you will spend too much time with your studies and you will lose sleep and recreational time. Are you willing to make that sacrifice for better grades?

Don't be afraid of doing the spell wrong. The worst that could happen is that your spell just doesn't work What a spell consists of (from what I believe) is focusing all your energy into one intent. Spells include candles, crystals, incense, chants, and all those things to help you focus. But you don't NEED to follow a spell step by step. Do what works for you. The whole point is that you don't want your mind to wander off or else you're not really putting much energy into your spell. So if you feel filled with energy on the full moon, take that to your advantage and try a spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            That is an interesting thought, I try not to worry too much about the moon phases most of the time, If the timing feels right to do something, chances are the time is right to do something. (for me anyway) I only avoid the full moon because I have a tendancy to be rather depressed when the full moon rolls around, this is likely linked to other functions of being a lady... but it is what it is... I just become depressed easily around there every month...
            That makes sense. If you're not feeling your best, your spells probably won't too well. To me, moon phases are just a helpful tool. I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I just find that everything works better when I follow the moon. But everyone is different, so it makes sense that the moon will effect people differently.

Comment

The full moon is supposed to be the most powerful (most energy), therefor it is best to preform spells that require a lot of extra energy.
              I haven't noticed this to be true, myself. When using the symbolism and energy of the moon, the different moon phases are usually associated with different sorts of spells - but I don't think any one phase is really more powerful than the others.

For me, if spellwork lines up with the corresponding moon phase? Awesome. If not? No big deal. I don't really have spells that focus on the moon as such, and usually just write them as needed... That said, I do follow the moon phases in other ways - usually I like to do trance work/journeying work on the full moon. Divination, sometimes dream work, too.

I read from a website that the full moon and the magick you do on that day can also be determined by which zodiac sign you are.
              That's actually not what that link says. It's talking about which sign the moon is currently in, not which sun sign you were born under. For example, on the night of this coming full moon, the moon will be in Gemini. The full moon in December will be in Cancer. (At this moment, the moon is currently in Taurus.) So it's saying that depending which sign the moon is currently in, that makes it better for some forms of magic than others. IMO, astrological symbolism is no more important or better than any other symbolism one might choose to work with and around. Such things are more for our personal benefit, getting into the right frame of mind and so on, than having inherent power in themselves. So, make of it all what you will.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Here's a poem I just wrote:

Luna

Waxing moon is good for getting stuff.
                Waning moon good for getting rid of stuff.
                Full moon is good for all.
                New moon's no good at all.

Comment

I do prefer to work around the moon but ShadowOfTheMoon isn't the first person I have heard say the moon has a more unwelcome affect on them so they avoid it full. I tend to become overwhelmed during rituals and frequently cry (happy tears, I often cry when I am happy), no matter what the moon is doing, so I don't feel anything really different about the full moon. My big spells tend to be done around the same 3 days of the moon's cycle. Either the last day before the dark of the moon, sometimes on the dark itself but I have a leftover negative feeling towards the dark moon from my Kemetic days (all that Thoth trickery), or most often, on the new moon. I did do that experiment with seeds when I was in the coven. You might know it, where you plant a batch on the full moon and a batch on the new moon. The results were pretty cool. Those planted on the new moon definitely seemed to grow better, although the scientist in me cringes at how this 'experiment' was conducted. I'm sure I've read authors claim the opposite, but that could be that they never actually did the experiment, or ours was bothced. Wait.. google..

Oh this is interesting..

Ute York, in her book "Living by the Moon" says

I'd say full moon would be best for a seed to germinate then, despite our findings. All the same, I like to cast for anything that requires growth, on the new moon. The full moons for me are a time to celebrate my relationship with my gods and maybe ask a favour or too if the mood takes me. Mostly though, I'm just thanking them and crying about all the things that are going well in my life (and sometimes crying because everything's gone poop).
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                    That's actually not what that link says. It's talking about which sign the moon is currently in, not which sun sign you were born under. For example, on the night of this coming full moon, the moon will be in Gemini. The full moon in December will be in Cancer. (At this moment, the moon is currently in Taurus.) So it's saying that depending which sign the moon is currently in, that makes it better for some forms of magic than others. IMO, astrological symbolism is no more important or better than any other symbolism one might choose to work with and around. Such things are more for our personal benefit, getting into the right frame of mind and so on, than having inherent power in themselves. So, make of it all what you will.
                    Yea, Maria actually sent me a message correcting me lol. But thank you for making it more clear!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                    Here's a poem I just wrote:

Luna

Waxing moon is good for getting stuff.
                    Waning moon good for getting rid of stuff.
                    Full moon is good for all.
                    New moon's no good at all.
                    That's a simple, easy, and helpful poem haha. I never really thought of the full moon as "good for all".
                    Aww, poor new moon lol. But that's not exactly true. It's the time in between getting rid of stuff and getting stuff. It's a time for new beginnings. A time for creation. Kind of like the birth of something before it get grow yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    I'd say full moon would be best for a seed to germinate then, despite our findings. All the same, I like to cast for anything that requires growth, on the new moon. The full moons for me are a time to celebrate my relationship with my gods and maybe ask a favour or too if the mood takes me. Mostly though, I'm just thanking them and crying about all the things that are going well in my life (and sometimes crying because everything's gone poop).
                    Yes, I've heard about gardeners using the moon. It's pretty cool! I feel like if it can effect plants, why can't it effect us and everything around us?

Comment

^ If you want to really get into all that high magic stuff of the perfect time to do this spell and that...

I don't bother with it much because when a spell needs doing it needs doing.

I did used to have a watch that not only told me the phase of the moon but also what the local tide was doing.

Comment

I have planned spells around the moon cycle. I made my money jar during a waxing moon so it would increase. I did my hex jar on the full and buried it during the new. I do energy cleaning around the house on a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post

^ If you want to really get into all that high magic stuff of the perfect time to do this spell and that...

I don't bother with it much because when a spell needs doing it needs doing.

I did used to have a watch that not only told me the phase of the moon but also what the local tide was doing.
                          Oooh, neat! I'll have to look into it. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X