Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wodenism - is it racist or is it the real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wodenism - is it racist or is it the real deal?

Wodenism sounds interesting to me.

An Anglo-Saxon Heathen religion based on Woden/Odin.

what are the differences between this and Asatru?

Based in England, sounds like a kind of anarchist spiritual movement.

how do you feel about this principle?

what do you think:

16. We oppose the multi-racial society on the basis that it has proved to be a total disaster and has been totally destructive in all its forms. This land has become a total wasteland in the short time that this destructive "experiment" has been in existance. We believe that all peoples have a right to exist in their natural lands of origin and that the multi-racial society destroys all diversity of all races of mankind. It is also inhumane to import millions of people into this land for cheap labour and exploitation. In our case, and in their case this land is made no better by this evil work.

sounds ok to me though.

Re: Wodenism - is it racist or is it the real deal?

Yes, that's pretty much racist.
    [4:82]

Comment

but is that really anymore racist than many other religions?

Judaism, Islam, Hinduism etc.. all have some kind of race or nationality requirements, and of course some Wiccan groups are female only.

What would an Indian (for example) have in common with Woden anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by westwoden View Post

Judaism, Islam, Hinduism etc.. all have some kind of race or nationality requirements, and of course some Wiccan groups are female only.

Islam has no race or nationality required. Why do you think there are so many of them across the globe.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Even if there are religions that are racist, that doesn't make it any better. It just makes them as bad as them. Your question was, are they racist or not. Now you're saying they are racist but just like everyone else?

Judaism, Islam, Hinduism etc.. all have some kind of race or nationality requirements
          Not really. "All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." - Muhammad.

some Wiccan groups are female only.
          If that's true then that's sexism. Not racism.

He or she might not want to follow that religion. But there's a difference between a person not wanting to follow a religion, and a person being kicked out of a country because his skin color is different. That's racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Islam has no race or nationality required. Why do you think there are so many of them across the globe.
            so why did my friend, who lives in Islamic Indonesia, have to convert to Islam before he could marry his local girl?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
            Even if there are religions that are racist, that doesn't make it any better. It just makes them as bad as them. Your question was, are they racist or not. Now you're saying they are racist but just like everyone else?
            Who is to say the god Woden gives a jot whether people are labelled racist or not anyway.

If he is the God of the Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian world then surely it is no big surprise that some adherents choose to go down the 'locals only' route.
            Last edited by westwoden; 28 Nov 2012, 02:56.

Comment

so why did my friend, who lives in Islamic Indonesia, have to convert to Islam before he could marry his local girl?
              It's their religious law. That has nothing to do with race or nationality. I think you might have that confused with what you are saying. Religions have religious law. Racists have racists laws. Ask Stormfront movement. There rules are BE WHITE. That's racist.

Comment

do you agree that female only Wiccan covens are acceptable?

if so, then why not White only religious groups?

Comment

You didn't ask if it were OK or not. You were asking if it's racist. Yes, if you think people of different skin color should be removed from their country and move else where because they don't share the same skin tone as you, then that's pretty much racism. Sorry, no way around it.

Comment

No, I don't. I'm a Satanist. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Comment

Originally posted by westwoden;80249 [I
                      16. We oppose the multi-racial society on the basis that it has proved to be a total disaster and has been totally destructive in all its forms. This land has become a total wasteland in the short time that this destructive "experiment" has been in existance. We believe that all peoples have a right to exist in their natural lands of origin and that the multi-racial society destroys all diversity of all races of mankind. It is also inhumane to import millions of people into this land for cheap labour and exploitation. In our case, and in their case this land is made no better by this evil work.[/I]

sounds ok to me though.
                      They seem to use the word "total" a lot, without any apparent regard for it's meaning.

I am untrusting of people who speak in absolutes, when the absolutes they speak of are clearly and obviously not true.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

No, I don't. So your point is invalid. As a pretty enthusiastic feminist, I strongly believe that discriminating against men brings back the feminist movement 30 years. You can't have equality if you don't promote equality yourself, even if it's the other way around.

As to the topic, why would anyone even -want- to only associate with white people? How dull and boring....

The quote that Corbin posted above is such a joke. Just because a country went about immigration in the wrong way doesn't mean that a multi-cultural society isn't possible.

Comment

So very little is really known about Woden anyway, that it's a little presumptious to make such demands. The Anglo-Saxons are not - never were - a single homogenous group. They came from many different parts of northern Europe. And although there may be similarities with, say Odinn in Scandinavia, again we can't really say they are the same (just as it's not true to equate Diana with Artemis. There are similarities, yes, but there are differences too.)

If this 'Anglo-Saxon' group really want people to remain in their country of origin, they would probably be very surprised where they would end up....;-)
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            If this 'Anglo-Saxon' group really want people to remain in their country of origin, they would probably be very surprised where they would end up....;-)
                            LOL - yeah. Let's all go back to Africa...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              So very little is really known about Woden anyway, that it's a little presumptious to make such demands. The Anglo-Saxons are not - never were - a single homogenous group. They came from many different parts of northern Europe. And although there may be similarities with, say Odinn in Scandinavia, again we can't really say they are the same (just as it's not true to equate Diana with Artemis. There are similarities, yes, but there are differences too.)

This. Seconded.

I also find it a bit odd that a thread beginning with a single question has seemed to turn into a defense of racism by the OP? Maybe I'm just reading that wrong, but there is a weird vibe.

Comment

Working...
                              X