Anime, Manga and other fun things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anime, Manga and other fun things!

http://www.animecrave.com/index.php?page...

Your anime community forum for anime reccomendations, discussions, pictures, videos, AMVs, MADs, MMD & more! Everything anime on the planet! Share pictures and videos, discussions and more!

This website is for sale! manga4.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, manga4.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Read your favorite mangas online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha manga, and many more...

This domain may be for sale!

PSX-Place.com is dedicated to bringing you the latest Homebrew, Hacking, Exploits, CFW, Jailbreak & PlayStation Scene News to your fingertips

watchdub.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, watchdub.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Cool links! ^_^
      I use to be on Crunchyroll a lot. I haven't been there lately. Onemanga use to be my favorite spot, until they took down most of the mangas I was into. *sniffle* u_u
      I've just been browsing the Netflix anime section these days. I highly recommend "Darker Than Black" and "Black Butler"!
      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I am reading!! I just don't know enough to add anything. Still, I'm delighted to learn how much otaku there actually is around here. I feel so at home.

Oh but.. I do want to recommend that people check out Welcome to the NHK if they haven't seen it. River already knows the story, but I only decided to watch it because it is set in the town I lived in while I was in Japan. It is actually a pretty cool anime though. I'll try not say any more because as River knows, I can go on for quite some time about this series.

It will however, explain the 'imbou' joke I made on youtube when a video had been taken down on request of the NHK!!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I first got into Anime when I was 12. I really liked FMA and Naruto. I tried watching Naruto again and.... Dear God it's horrible lol. It's so slow. I don't even know how I could handle it! FMA is still amazing and on the top on my list.
          Then I would watch random subbed animes with my best friend. I would always just join in with her half way, but it was still fun.
          But now-a-days I like to watch short animes since I don't have much time. Some of my favorites: Paranoia Agent, FLCL, and Shin Chan (not sure if that really counts lol).

Comment

As far as Manga goes, I'm not a BIG reader. The only one's I've read are Death Note [own them all ], FMA and Claymore.
            But I mean to eventually read through all the books of their Anime counterparts.

And as far as Anime goes, I'm very very VERY picky. My List of watched ones is quite short:
            Death Note
            FMA + FMA Brotherhood
            Claymore
            Cowboy Bebop
            Trinity Blood
            and of course Dragonball Z

I used to watch DBZ with my brother all the time when I was a tiny one. Still love it, despite it's incredible cheesiness and repetitiveness.

Overall though I have to say my favorite Manga/Anime of all time has to be Death Note.
            I love the atmosphere, the art style and of course the story.
            "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
            nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
            As blending the Light with the Dark
            merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

New Sailor Moon series coming out next year. Just thought you outta know. http://mashable.com/2012/07/09/new-sailor-moon-anime/

Comment

Originally posted by DashREM View Post
                New Sailor Moon series coming out next year. Just thought you outta know. http://mashable.com/2012/07/09/new-sailor-moon-anime/
                Yeah, I started a thread about that somewhere, but I think it's time to merge the two.

That said, do you think they'll try to get some of the cast to reprise some of their roles?
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

OMG! My otaju peoples!!! I love this thread! I don't know where to start off first! ^o^

@ Jembru - No worries! All otaku start somewhere. From age 12 until age 19, I was into Sailor Moon, Yugioh, and Pokemon only. I didn't get into the heavier stuff until age 20. And I'm still combing into more serious anime in my 30's. I'm not Queen Otaku, not even close to it, but I do have an obsession for anime nonetheless. ^_^

@ DeadJellyfish - I LOVE Paranoia Agent! I have the soundtrack on my i-pod. lol. And I also love FMA, though FMA Brotherhood is a bit better because they explain more about Homunculi and have a much better ending to the series. But the first FMA does a better job with the character of Scar and the tragic story of Nina. In the Adult Swim version of FMA, I cried for Nina... the Brotherhood one left me feeling, "wtf?" o_o
                  Ah, I have to try FLCL again. The first time I tried it, I couldn't wrap my mind around it. ;^_^

@ XIII - Me too! I have only fallen into a few mangas in the past. I'm more of an anime fan, than anything else. And I've seen a lot of anime, but very selective of the ones that become my favorites. Though... I'm very anti-DBZ. LOL! I did try it, but it got on my nerves that the solution to most problems were, "Well, let's just blow up the planet! And then magically put it back again later." XD
                  But most fans like DBZ, I'm odd-ball out. ;^_^
                  My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Man, how did I miss the discussion of Paranoia Agent? That one is a great one. I also loved Samurai Champloo.

Trinity Blood was decent until the end. I'm fully aware the creator died before it was finished, but the ending was still very disjointed.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Ahh!! I love Samurai Champloo! I also have one of Nujabes albums, "Departure". ^o^
                      Fuu is a my favorite and I had a crush on Jin. Well... almost every anime had some character within it that I had a crush on. LOL! ;^_^
                      My desktop is of my major anime crush, Hatori Sohma from "Fruits Basket". It's nice to wake up to a beautiful face in the morning! Sigh...
                      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
                        @ DeadJellyfish - I LOVE Paranoia Agent! I have the soundtrack on my i-pod. lol. And I also love FMA, though FMA Brotherhood is a bit better because they explain more about Homunculi and have a much better ending to the series. But the first FMA does a better job with the character of Scar and the tragic story of Nina. In the Adult Swim version of FMA, I cried for Nina... the Brotherhood one left me feeling, "wtf?" o_o
                        Ah, I have to try FLCL again. The first time I tried it, I couldn't wrap my mind around it. ;^_^
                        The soundtrack is pretty great, isn't it?? I like a lot of the soundtrack from Bleach even though I hate the anime XD
                        I actually never got around to watching Brotherhood :c
                        FLCL is kind of one of those animes where I like to zone out and appreciate the art. I have no clue what's going on either hahaha.

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                        Man, how did I miss the discussion of Paranoia Agent? That one is a great one. I also loved Samurai Champloo.
                        fvleskjsekg Samurai Champloo is also one of my favorites. I can't believe I forgot about that one!!

Comment

'The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                            Trinity Blood was decent until the end. I'm fully aware the creator died before it was finished, but the ending was still very disjointed.
                            Yes. All of that.
                            It was pretty good, up until the end bits. I don't remember the end too much, but I do remember it not being all that great. I hate it when good shows go that way.
                            :/
                            "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                            nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                            As blending the Light with the Dark
                            merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Okay, I have an anime/manga question.. What I really want to ask is.. what the heck is the deal with that blue and white cat thing? Doraimon? (don't know how it's written but the name sounds something like that. It was mentioned in a pod cast I heard recently). Is it like a Japanese Garfield? It's not even cute. I usually love anything with cats on, but this thing is creepy.. The only character I can think of that is worse, is NOVA Usagi (the mascot for the company I worked for) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bwhaVRQ3c&NR=1
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Also.. as the title includes 'other fun things', do any of the Japanese culture fanatics around here know what the card game is with the pictures of flowers, leaves and animals on? Does anyone besides the Yakuza play with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X