Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anime, Manga and other fun things!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Okay, I have an anime/manga question.. What I really want to ask is.. what the heck is the deal with that blue and white cat thing? Doraimon? (don't know how it's written but the name sounds something like that. It was mentioned in a pod cast I heard recently). Is it like a Japanese Garfield? It's not even cute. I usually love anything with cats on, but this thing is creepy.. The only character I can think of that is worse, is NOVA Usagi (the mascot for the company I worked for) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bwhaVRQ3c&NR=1
    Blue and white cat thing? I'm drawing a blank... which anime is this? o_O
    Do you have a picture or video? I'm curious to see this cat. XD

Aw, I thought the Nova Usagi mascot was cute. ;^_^
    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Okay, I have an anime/manga question.. What I really want to ask is.. what the heck is the deal with that blue and white cat thing? Doraimon? (don't know how it's written but the name sounds something like that. It was mentioned in a pod cast I heard recently). Is it like a Japanese Garfield? It's not even cute. I usually love anything with cats on, but this thing is creepy.. The only character I can think of that is worse, is NOVA Usagi (the mascot for the company I worked for) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bwhaVRQ3c&NR=1
      Dag blast it! It nommed my comments. But yeah, that thing looks like the abominable love child of a furby and the Noid.

Also.. as the title includes 'other fun things', do any of the Japanese culture fanatics around here know what the card game is with the pictures of flowers, leaves and animals on? Does anyone besides the Yakuza play with them?
      Maybe Cardcaptors?

Originally posted by XIII View Post
      Yes. All of that.
      It was pretty good, up until the end bits. I don't remember the end too much, but I do remember it not being all that great. I hate it when good shows go that way.
      :/
      Yeah, it's a shame when a series just fizzles out. It's like all that work was for nothing.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Yes. All of that.
        It was pretty good, up until the end bits. I don't remember the end too much, but I do remember it not being all that great. I hate it when good shows go that way.
        :/
        I haven't seen Trinity Blood yet, but I had a similar experience for Neon Genesis Evangelion... the last episodes sucked so badly, because they ran out of funding for the anime at the end. I hate when good anime fall apart at the end. u_u
        My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
          Blue and white cat thing? I'm drawing a blank... which anime is this? o_O
          Do you have a picture or video? I'm curious to see this cat. XD

Aw, I thought the Nova Usagi mascot was cute. ;^_^
          NOVA Usagi was the bane of my existence in Japan.. the beast must die!!!!

I had written it wrong. Turns out it's 'Doraemon'

You see him on signs outside of schools and posters telling kids not to climb or whatever. You see all kinds of plastic crap with him on and stickers and stuff.. Seems quite popular but I just don't get what is so special about him. Thought maybe he was from anime.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I so just watched the first episode of Sailor Moon on my Wii (through youtube). I keep hoping one magical day I open up my Netflix and there it is! Sailor Moon! XD For now I'm satified with The Doctor on Doctor Who. <3 Le sigh.

My favorite loved Animes is Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, and Eygro Proxy (sp?). FYE in my area had closed down on me before I could finish collecting all the DVD's for Death Note. I was quite sad....now I have to finish them through online shopping. I only have 3 DVD's left! Oh and some punk STOLE my live action Death Note movies from my previous apartment. Did not know this, until AFTER moving out and AFTER unpacking.

I have to say though, I really did like Blood: The Last Vampire movie. They game close to the style of Blood +.

Le sigh The Doctor...and Sailor Moon. I so want to get the collection for Salior Moon. I miss the show so much! :'-(

Comment

NOVA Usagi was the bane of my existence in Japan.. the beast must die!!!!

I had written it wrong. Turns out it's 'Doraemon'

You see him on signs outside of schools and posters telling kids not to climb or whatever. You see all kinds of plastic crap with him on and stickers and stuff.. Seems quite popular but I just don't get what is so special about him. Thought maybe he was from anime.
              I have not seen Doraemon, but most likely it's a "kodomo", a children's anime or manga. I tend to like the genres for teen boys and men. Though, two "shojos" like Fruits Basket and Ore-sama Teacher. And one "magical girl" anime, Sailor Moon! ^_^

Which reminds me!!! I haven't announced my favorite anime/manga here yet!!! o_o
              I love the following: Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Darker Than Black, Black Butler, Paranoia Agent, Blood + (also Blood: The Last Vampire), Full Metal Alchemist (the movie, first Funimation series, and Brotherhood), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost In The Shell (the movie and the series), Samurai Champloo, Witch Hunter Robin, Eden Of The East, Fruits Basket, Eureka 7, Devil May Cry (the short anime ever, based on one of my favorite video games), and anything Studio Ghibli. ^_^

I was into the Naruto manga for a while, but long lost interest in it. Same thing happened with Bleach and Inuyasha.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 3Rosez View Post
              I only have 3 DVD's left! Oh and some punk STOLE my live action Death Note movies from my previous apartment. Did not know this, until AFTER moving out and AFTER unpacking.

I have to say though, I really did like Blood: The Last Vampire movie. They game close to the style of Blood +.
              (
              LE GASP!!! o_o
              Well, I hope the thief or thieves is written into Kira's death notebook then. ;^_^
              That happened to me once, of dvds getting stolen... but it was Lord Of The Rings trilogy! I had to buy them all over again and I did. But what a pain! >_<

Oh, Blood: The Vampire is the first movie of the manga I believe. Blood + is a spin off of the movie. ^_^
              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Le sigh The Doctor...and Sailor Moon. I so want to get the collection for Salior Moon. I miss the show so much! :'-(
                Early sailor moon is so very expensive right now, it was cheap for a few years, after the copyright ran out, but I think someone must have bought it and clammed up...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and some punk STOLE my live action Death Note movies from my previous apartment. Did not know this, until AFTER moving out and AFTER unpacking.
                I had my bakaretsu hunters OVA (sorcerer Hunters.) stolen from my car along wioth all my CD's (it was there for transportation) and I have not found a new one anywhere. The manga much better than the anime, but the OVA was awesome.
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Oh that sucks.. I love the live action of Death Note. I wasn't quite so keen on the anime. Amazing tale and very clever, but too drawn out. The way they re-wrote the ending on the live action was perfect. We recently bought these because Forbidden Planet has them in their two for 10 pound collection!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This could also go in the "Things that make you LOL" Thread, but I wanted to put it here.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                    nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                    As blending the Light with the Dark
                    merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

This could also go in the "Things that make you LOL" Thread, but I wanted to put it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...eRQ&nomobile=1
                      Hahaha, that someone actually had to learn that, is impressive commitment to comedy!

Comment

Showed the video to JP and he ruined it for me. He said it was just bits of the dialogue strung together, albeit very cleverly cut.. Now we're even after I ruined his three legged donkey joke I guess...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...eRQ&nomobile=1
                          LOL! That is clever. ^_^
                          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I am a major anime fan. Currently watching Cowboy Bebop. I also like Chobits, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Tenchi Muyo, and Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex.
                            -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Originally posted by ladywhitewolf View Post
                              I am a major anime fan. Currently watching Cowboy Bebop. I also like Chobits, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Tenchi Muyo, and Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex.
                              Coolies! I love Princess Mononoke! My favorite in that one are the Kodama! ^_^
                              And Cowboy Bebop is really good! I once made a fan site for Radical Edward, when I was age 21... in fact, it's my email addy still, after all of these years (I'm 32 now). Edward is my favorite, she's a goofball like me!
                              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by ladywhitewolf View Post
                                This is awesome, and why is this the first time spirited away is mentioned? That one is freakin Beautiful!
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X