Moonatics Unite! A Sailor Moon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonatics Unite! A Sailor Moon Thread

I figured since I'm possibly not the only moonatic on the forum anymore it's time to start a thread about the sailor senshi team.

Anyway, there's a reboot of the series due sometime in 2013 for release. I know there were rumors due to the anniversary re-release of the manga and the first official translation of Codename Sailor V.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Re: Moonatics Unite! A Sailor Moon Thread

Tsukini kawatte oshioki yo! Well at least anyone who doesn't like sailor moon!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Tsukini kawatte oshioki yo! Well at least anyone who doesn't like sailor moon!
      Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! But which attack is best suited?

There was one thing in one of the artbooks that saddened me. I've only read the translated transcripts, but it was a manga for another Sailor Moon. It takes place in an alternate dimension where Usagi / Serena has another child. The most depressing part wasn't that but to see all the characters we love in some ways realize their dreams only to find they are more than what they bargained for.

Wikimoon Summary here
      my etsy store
      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! But which attack is best suited?

There was one thing in one of the artbooks that saddened me. I've only read the translated transcripts, but it was a manga for another Sailor Moon. It takes place in an alternate dimension where Usagi / Serena has another child. The most depressing part wasn't that but to see all the characters we love in some ways realize their dreams only to find they are more than what they bargained for.

Wikimoon Summary here
        ...jealous... wanna read the story and see the art and draw all the pictures (bad habbit) but why are they killing the big ball of rabbits? with kitties! its a huge pile of adorable!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I could only manage to find the transcripts and little illustrations here and there. I did find this, but I haven't looked over it yet.
          my etsy store
          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Oh man, I have so much love for this show. It was my introduction to the wide world of anime.

I'm so excited for the reboot! I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Has anyone seen the Live Action series?

Comment

I got to see most of the live action series. I didn't really care for it, but mostly because it dragged on for too long and I didn't like how Chibiusa and Luna were kinda melded into one.
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

never saw live action, But I really wish they would do a StarS OVA.... That would blow my freakin mind!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Ahhh love sailor moon! There was a YouTube channel that had all the English dubbed versions, but it got shut down. While I'd like to be a purist and say I like subtitled Japanese, I can only occasionally actually sit down and watch tv without at least some crocheting to do, so I need to be able to understand the audio.

I was really excited to find out that one of my pay channels is entirely dedicated to anime, and that Sailor Moon is on daily. The German version is pretty good (except for the song in the opening sequence...totally terrible), and they dubbed more episodes than in English.

Comment

Yeah, Germany was kinder to Sailor Moon than the US / Canada. Most of my memorabilia is from Germany, including my artbooks.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Apparently it was off-air for a good 10 years though, because they day I discovered the anime channel, I kid you not, they had a big day for the "return of sailor moon"

Comment

I can imagine. Sailor Moon has been off the air here for about that long.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

I didn't notice at the time, because I was that age where I thought I shouldn't like that sort of thing (I know, lame).

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            I didn't notice at the time, because I was that age where I thought I shouldn't like that sort of thing (I know, lame).
                            Shame on you for meeting social standards :P
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

I never knew Sailor Moon. I wonder if it was never shown on British TV when I was a kid. It was Rainbow Bright for me. Gods I loved her horse so much!

I'm hoping to try to find out what all the fuss is about when JP and I have that anime thing on the PS3. I did ask JP about this show, because he is crazy into anime. I mean, while his mother was neglecting him and blaming his existence for everything that went wrong with her life, he was hidden away from the world in his room, just watching back to back anime. from age 7 until he met me basically.. he watched everything, even things streamed hot from Japan with no subs that he just tried and tried to understand.. anime is kind of his essence. If you could look at his cells under microscope, you'd probably see they're constructed of little bits of anime.

Aaanyway, he had depressingly little to say about Sailor Moon. Still, I would love to be more otaku than I am (whoever heard of an otaku who isn't that interested in anime.. shame on me), and from how enthusiastic the conversations have been, I am sure Sailor Moon will be a great place to start, if I wish to be bitten by the bug.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                              X