Temporary Alter solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary Alter solution

I think I may have stumbled on a soulution for a temporary alter untill I I find something more fitting for me. I was cleaning up my second bedroom because it was a mess from the last photo shoot that I did ( I am an amature model). I was folding up the table when it hit me, I prefer to sit on the floor, and when folded in half, the table is perfect. What do you guys think? Ok for now? I just need an alter cloth and a few things and my alter would be complete.

Re: Temporary Alter solution

I think the folded table works fine. Then again, one of my earliest altars sat on a toilet.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

If I could post a picture I would but maybe I have to reach 10 or so posts to do so.

Comment

Awww. Well, as of now you're one post away...
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

In my old apartment, there was a pull-out cutting board kind of thing in the kitchen. Made a fantastic temporary altar - kept everything in a little box near by, then just pulled out the board and set up as needed. Lots of things can be used as temporary (or even longer term) altars. If it works, it works!
          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

In my opinion, you don't need something special for an altar. It can actually all be omitted, so I see nothing wrong with a very small, temporary one...
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

ok thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by your_illusion97 View Post
                ok thanks everyone.
                I had a small chest with a flat top, while quite tiny and plain, (unpainted from ac moore) it did what it needed to do, and everything could go right inside when im done, now i use it mostly just for storage, but everything is still fairly portable
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My Altar is still a couple of metal trays a bit like the one pictured below. Easy to store. Easy to set up on any floor, bit of ground or table available. Protects the carpet / table surface from the candles I put on them.
                  vollrath-82009-round-cover-for-double-wall-bowl-metal-display-tray-13-3-4.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X