Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw this and thought about ____________.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this and thought about ____________.

Every once in a while, I see something online (or IRL) and think "OMG! That totally reminds me of ___PF member___!" or "Ooooh! I wonder if ____PF member___ has heard about X?!?"

I'm sure I'm not the only one because we have an entire steampunk thread just for me, lol.

So...if you've encountered something that makes you think of someone here, post it here for them!!!

I saw this today, and wondered if Corbin had heard about it... http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._honey20121012
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: I saw this and thought about ____________.

Yikes! There is NO WAY I'd be able to keep up with posting the things that make me think of someone I know, from PF. Most of them are pretty bizarre (read as major intellectual leaps). And they don't always make me think of the same person.

One prime example, I was on facebook a few days ago and saw an ad for some such, I don't recall what, but the image was a maple leaf. My immediate thought, however much of a stretch as it was, was how V's hangover was coming along. On that same note, I have a little bronze maple leaf that hangs on the cabinet part of one of my computer desks. IT has made me think of Corbin, specifically some of the wonderful work he's done with metals, Maria, don't ask me how Delaware enters into that, and Danie.

I make connections, often, that have little or no logic behind them. And then there's the heaps of reminders that DO have logic to them. Show a Navy ship, guess who I think of. Someone mentions Portland - there's an obvious one, too. Perze comes up a lot more, now that Rok and GG moved away from Vegas. L.A., D.C., Egypt for sure, all give me pause, to consider a friend from the forum. Photos, names of places, inanimate objects all seem to correlate to someone I know, on here.

I'd have to have an assistant to keep track of all of them, in an average day.

Great thread, Thal!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      however much of a stretch as it was, was how V's hangover was coming along.
      This made me giggle. My hangover was short-lived!

I saw a book on Dionysus and wondered if Rafe would like it.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am not sure if this is a good thing of a curse/bad thing...

Every time I see Hugh Jackman I think about Medusa.
        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
          I am not sure if this is a good thing of a curse/bad thing...

Every time I see Hugh Jackman I think about Medusa.
          I'm with you on that, Dumuzi. Every time I see something having to do with Hugh Jackman and/or Wolverine, Medusa always pops in my head. I always think, "Has Medusa seen/heard of/read this?"

I think it's hilarious. Of course, I'm pretty obsessed with him, too.

Comment

Thal....Last time I was in Amsterdam, there was a Greek restaurant that was called "Thalassa"....I might have a pic of it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              Thal....Last time I was in Amsterdam, there was a Greek restaurant that was called "Thalassa"....I might have a pic of it somewhere.
              OOOH! that is awesome!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                [/B]I saw this today, and wondered if Corbin had heard about it... http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._honey20121012
                Yup - the bees were eating M & M's. I've actually heard of toxic honey, made from the pollen of toxic plants...

Speaking of steam punk, here's something that made me think of you, Thalassa - a steam punk USB drive:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-2142...umb-drive.aspx

Museum Replicas has a whole steam punk section.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I cant help but think of Al!ce when I read about callie in the "Wonderland" comics...
                  Cant get a pic to upload right now, the computer is going to make me murder it...

- - - Updated - - -

and it did it anyway...
                  Attached Files
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                    I think it's hilarious. Of course, I'm pretty obsessed with him, too.
                    You should move in with her and talk about him 24/7

I saw this picture:

and thought about volcaniclastic. Why? Because it's a bike (she likes to ride bikes) and there's snow (snow = Canada).

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                      You should move in with her and talk about him 24/7

I saw this picture:

and thought about volcaniclastic. Why? Because it's a bike (she likes to ride bikes) and there's snow (snow = Canada).
                      ! I would ride that bike so hard!

Mostly art.

Comment

I was going through my facebook the other day and found this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	15698_390894598026_7608434_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	351564

Everytime i see a goat i think of Dumuzi...

Also, everytime i hear Terror by My Ruin i think of Medusa, I think ive told her before, but its about an amazingly strong woman who takes no bullcrap from anyone etc etc and it reminds me of her, in a good way

Comment

Every time I see the chatbot's new name I think of myself
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

I saw this and thought of Thal.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                              I was going through my facebook the other day and found this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1291[/ATTACH]

Everytime i see a goat i think of Dumuzi...
                              You can almost hear that goat singing: "I'm sexy and I know it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X