Sigil Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigil Generator

Don't trust yourself to make an effective sigil? Too lazy to design one? Don't need a fancy sigil so long as it gets the job done?

I found this thanks to a chaote friend of mine. It has a 25 character limit, but it works decent enough:

my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Re: Sigil Generator

Now I feel dumb, what exactly is a sigil, and why does one need generating?
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Now I feel dumb, what exactly is a sigil, and why does one need generating?
      A sigil is a symbol, usually created by an individual, that can be used in magic. The idea with at least chaos magic is that our brains set us up for failure so a sigil helps to attain the desired outcome while getting out of our own way. Usually it goes something like this:

1. Create a sigil
      2. Raise energy and release
      3. Forget about the sigil
      4. ???
      5. Profit

Yeah, I've always seen some holes in it (how do you know if it worked if you forgot it?) and sometimes it's not easy to create a sigil that won't jog your memory. That's why I linked to one that will create a sigil for you. Like I said it generates pretty basic ones, but it seems to do its thing.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I tried the forgetting method but I found it to be completely useless for me. Now I trance out nightly with the sigils and they work pretty quickly and effectively.

Comment

I don't really understand how it comes up with the shapes - is it wholly randomised?

Comment

Working...
          X