Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

I just want to make it clear that I do NOT believe the apocalypse is coming this month. This isn't a thread to discuss 2012!

But, just for fun...what -would- you do if the apocalypse happens in 2 weeks? Or ever for that matter? What's your game plan?

Me...I'm staying here. The city apparently has a department in charge of figuring out scenarios for total catastrophe. I have a feeling this is a hangover from the aftermath of WWII...people seem somewhat terrified that this level of mayhem could happen again. But it's not just that...Berlin's war history has left it with several functional bunkers. Zombie apocalypse? No worries...wait it out in a fully-stocked war bunker. Nuclear holocaust? Same deal (thanks, Cold War!) Barring that, if left in some sort of "Revolution"-style power outage, the city is also completely surrounded by forest, rivers, and farm land that's able to be irrigated naturally. It's also host to a healthy supply of fish and wild boar. Fruit trees are also scattered across the city, thanks to some leader, who at some point decided that there should be free food available to all. Berlin is my apocalyptic home.

Re: So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Well, if it's the end of the world, being prepared for a disaster is kind of pointless.

I think I would just do the things I really like to do, which is already what I mostly do. Except I'd maybe sleep in.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sex. Lots of last minute sex.

Mostly art.

Comment

The world had better not frickin' end. Otherwise I'll be cursing in an East Asian language about how I just wasted an entire year of my life for nothing..

Seriously, I'll be enjoying Yule. I'm working Christmas, but I booked days off over Yule so we could make a big fancy thing of it. Like last year, chocolate logs will of course be consumed!! Well, one at least!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          The world had better not frickin' end. Otherwise I'll be cursing in an East Asian language about how I just wasted an entire year of my life for nothing..

Seriously, I'll be enjoying Yule. I'm working Christmas, but I booked days off over Yule so we could make a big fancy thing of it. Like last year, chocolate logs will of course be consumed!! Well, one at least!
          LOL I don't think the world is ending either...this is just a silly thread :P

I'll also enjoy Yule. And I promise to report all the apocalypse news to those of you in earlier time zones until communications are cut off :P

Comment

My mom's church group is having a get-together and bringing snacks that day. I suggested my mom bring a giant cookie and decorate it like the Mayan calendar. Otherwise I'd probably try to live it like any other day.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

I guess the logical thing to do is to max out this credit card right away.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Advertising armageddon, I need to stock up on sanity to put on my pizza while I track down another world with sanity to steal. Highly annoyed with whoever depopulated Mars over this issue. My snack bar wasn't fully stocked.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm probably going to work. Just like I do five days out of the week.

People just do not stop gambling over nothing.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hell,if everything is going to end,well let it,I am so old I might end before the big bang they say is coming. So,a day here or a little later doesn't matter all that much to me.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The 21st falls on a Friday, so no matter the time of day I'll be home in my pajamas, messing with my 3DS and cooking. I hope it ends after I eat. I'd hate to die on an empty stomach...

Comment

I'm staying in my flat with my gf for a few days. Then we'll be pretty much out of food and hopefully the chaos will have died down a bit, so then we'll head north for the lake district and Scotland. Hopefully the swords I have will help us stay alive.

Comment

what day of the week is it? if I happen to be working, the hospitals will be the first to burn cause thats where people think they can safely run too...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                            I guess the logical thing to do is to max out this credit card right away.
                            Crap! I've already done that!
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post

Crap! I've already done that!
                              Yes, but now you have a perfect excuse if your creditors come knocking!!
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                              X