Looking for a party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a party?

If you happen in Northern Michigan during the holidays, look me up.

Let's get embarrassingly festive and enjoy the season! Clothing optional! I gotsesss many exotic pleasures!

What happens in December stays in December...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Looking for a party?

Don't take it personally, Corbin, but I sincerely hope I am never in northern Michigan at the end of December for so long as I live. Life has left me unprepared for that kind of weather. Ever.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

If I am ever in northern Michigan I will gladly hit you up! That said, I hate the cold... sooo....
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
        Don't take it personally, Corbin, but I sincerely hope I am never in northern Michigan at the end of December for so long as I live. Life has left me unprepared for that kind of weather. Ever.
        LOL - yup. It takes a certain type of lunatic to enjoy life in frozen hell. I don't like to go south, 'cause I can't take the heat.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love the frozen north. Currently in MN here, 'fraid I don't have the resources to travel anywhere though. Raincheck!

Comment

I'm also an "in the wool" Minnesotan. If you were living in the UP, Corbin, I'd consider it a day trip. Being that I wouldn't have to drive around that big puddle, between us.

Speaking of the puddle, though! Any December get-together in frozen paradise just *has* to include a dip in the lake!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Nope, no frozen lake swimming for me. Dutch egg nog and also forms of liquory goodness... absolutely! Plus many views of the snowy, tree-filled landscape = win!

Comment

You people and your 'north'. How quaint.

Mostly art.

Comment

Lived in England for several years, where winter doesn't really exist. There's rainy season and then there's the lesser rainy season. I really didn't see the appeal in it... no thanks!

Comment

We get winter in England. It just doesn't come every year.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      You people and your 'north'. How quaint.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

We've been fluctuating around -11C lately with about a foot of snow. I just spent two weeks in Yellowknife though, where the warmest day was -22C and the coldest -40C. It makes me giggle when people are like 'Brr, it's freezing today, I had to wear pants!' It's all about perspective though. I remember one day in Asia last year where I was cold enough to wear a sweater, and then I learned it was +17C. That's like, summer, to me normally.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yesterday, I wore capris and a t-shirt...

...three days before that I was in thermals, pants and a sweatshirt, a fleece, earmuffs and two pairs of gloves.

I think it was 40 degrees.

<--------------I've turned Southern (and people with hypothyroidism tent to be more intolerant of the cold)

In my slight defense, I do work outside all day on a giant battleship on the water. Our port side is particularly windy, as are the upper decks, and the starboard side acts a bit like a windtunnel, and when the sun goes down behind the building, well...4 o'clock is sort of chilly, and I'm a person that likes to be toasty.

I will not be visiting the UP in December!!!!
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I like boats.... ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X