Cleansing/charging my crystals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleansing/charging my crystals?

Hello everyone, I'm Anna and I'm brand new to the forum and to Paganism in general. I'd been calling myself a Buddhist for many years but this year I discovered Paganism and realized I related to it more than anything (: I'm currently building up a crystal collection and am in the process of setting up my altar (with a Buddha statuette to remind me of my roots!) and am stumbling through the task of making a BoS!

Anyway, I joined this forum to ask about charging my crystals. It's not easy for me to charge them in the sun where I live because my apartment window faces another building so I never get direct sunlight for more than a few minutes in the afternoon. However I do share my life and home with many loving reptiles who have full spectrum lamps installed in their enclosures. For those unfamiliar to the concept, these lamps radiate heat and light that is as close to real sunlight as possible so that the reptiles can enjoy a natural environment and of course gain the necessary energies and vitamins they require. I was wondering if I can charge my crystals under those lamps instead, or does the fact that they're man made make them less authentic?

Also, while we're on the subject I was charging them on my windowsill the other day but accidentally shut the window on my selenite wand! It scraped and chipped the poor thing and I feel absolutely terrible about hurting one of my crystals. Is there anything I can do to soothe what seems to be a rather distressed energy radiating from my wand? I've been very upset about this and can't help feeling as though I've caused her great pain.

Sorry this post is rather long, as I said I'm new and I'll need all the help I can get. I hope to hear from you soon! (:

Re: Cleansing/charging my crystals?

Have you thought about ritually charging them instead of sunlight charging? I would think that the full moon would be an excellent time for such an energy working. As for your poor wand, selenite is one of those stones which can chip at anything, and this includes fingernails. Selenite will snap at the slightest provocation, I would not reccommend leaving selenite out, especially on your windowsill, as sometimes we just dont remember not to close things, (had to take some very pretty sparkly glasses off of my own for that very reason, clink clink crash is always an unwelcome sound.) cleansings and blessings are well done at new moon, and will likely take care of negative energy, if the scratches are not too bad and you have the tools for it, try giving it a bit of a polish at the same time to help completely soothe away negative energy. And welcome to the forum by the way! I hope you stay and love it here! :P
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions! I did try cleanse my crystals under the last full moon but as I said living in a little apartment with no garden or balcony doesn't allow for an open area in which I can be assured my crystals are receiving as many moon or sun rays as they need. I prefer to cleanse with incense or smudging but I'm coming up short on ideas for charging! I've considered buying a flower pot and putting some soil in there and burying them, but is that the same as burying them in an actual garden? It's slightly more difficult to connect with nature when you live smack bang in the middle of the city!

As for my wand, I decided to meditate with her and I'm starting to feel a little bit better now. It's a rather long scratch (about 1.5 inches long) and I don't think I personally have the expertise to polish it out though.

Comment

I live smack dab quite in the middle of a well urban area mysef, and while outside under the moon is nice, it is not totally nessecary. As long as you are there and channel the energy yourself, visualise it and the ammount of physical moon or sunlight is somewhat irrelevant. Again, personal perspective. Being outside makes the visualizations a bit easier, but they can be done inside as well.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thank you so much! I'll keep that in mind during the next full moon (:

Comment

I typically cleanse my crystals by holding them under room temperature water (the tap) for a few minutes. Water has has very cleansing properties.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I really tried not to respond to this because I am definitely NOT any sort of expert in this matter. For what it is worth, I match to the element it wants -- so air get hung in a tree for a while, water gets to bath in the creek for a while, earth gets buried for a while, and fire gets to sun bathe. No, I didn't read about it anywhere, it just seemed like the thing to do.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Nbdy I like your thought process there regarding the elements.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometime ago I invested in a quartz cluster to use for cleansing crystals. Simply put the crystal that requires cleansing on the cluster for a period of time that you feel the crystal requires. A clear Quartz cluster works perfectly. I live in the middle of a rainforest and although this is perfect for cleansing crystals under a full moon or in the sun, it's also a perfect offering for wildlife who love to sneak off with my crystals hehe. Unless I can do regular checks on my crystals whilst cleansing I use a cluster for this practise.
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Working...
                X