X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRAYER REQUESTS!!

Need a helping thought? Post'em here.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

I was actually hoping a few people could help me pray for someone else.
    Amanda, a fellow Pagan on her own Path, has been trying to have a child for some time. I don't know the whole story and I don't ask unless she wants me to, and she hasn't yet. However, her and her husband have been trying for years. I've already prayed, bought her a fertility candle, and have recently purchased some crystals for her that may help. She is trying to do this 'the old fashioned way' but may seek scientific intervention because she is just that desperate. I think she would be happier to know that her body is confident enough to have children (she is healthy enough, as far as she has pointed out; she has not spoken of perhaps the pregnancy being dangerous to her), but either way....
    Any prayers are appreciated. She is a wonderful person who would make a great mother. As a mother myself and knowing how much my daughter has given me, I really would like to try to help her!
    Thank you, and as always, Blessed Be.
    The Past is our Cradle, not our Prison; there is Danger as well as Appeal in its Glamour. The Past is for Inspiration, not Immitation; Continuation, not Repetition.

Its a long way back to Eden, dear. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Comment

Duly noted. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

Was wondering if some of you nice people could keep my family in your thoughts. I am getting a fledgeling business off the ground (as everyone can see, I'm sure, since I post links all the time...sorry haha) and the problem is, we really a feeling financial strain. My husband is a truck driver and works VERY hard, but it just isn't enough to make ends meet completely. So, if you don't mind, can someone send money wishes our way? Maybe some ideas for money blessings?

Thanks so much
      If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
      --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Comment

[quote author=corvus_corvidae link=topic=10.msg4808#msg4808 date=1287500974]
        Duly noted. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

Was wondering if some of you nice people could keep my family in your thoughts. I am getting a fledgeling business off the ground (as everyone can see, I'm sure, since I post links all the time...sorry haha) and the problem is, we really a feeling financial strain. My husband is a truck driver and works VERY hard, but it just isn't enough to make ends meet completely. So, if you don't mind, can someone send money wishes our way? Maybe some ideas for money blessings?

Thanks so much
        [/quote]

You all will be in my prayers. Personally, I think one of the simplest and best ways to convey a blessing is with some incense and prayer and/or chanting. A good money-drawing incense could be made with equal parts cinnamon and sage and half part of cloves. Light it up and chant or pray to your deity(ies).

I too could use some financial assistance. I've applied for a job with our state government as an office assistant and today I went to take a written test to see if I qualify. Some of it was a bit difficult but I'm pretty sure I earned a decent score. Oddly enough, only three other people showed up. Anyhoo, if y'all could send some energy or squeeze me into your prayers and try to tip the scales in my favor I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

You're in my prayers!

I have a request of my own; my husband could use some healing energy - he's either got food poisoning or a virus - and pray that the baby and I don't catch it if it's the latter!

Comment

Thanks for the advice Clive. I'll send some thoughts your way.
            If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
            --Douglas Adams (RIP)

Comment

I know this is shallow, but I could use any prayers you guys could spare for tomorrow! I've been very into cupcakes lately and I just found out today that there is a cupcake decorating contest going on tomorrow at noon! This would be EXACTLY what I need lately - I've been having some self-esteem issues, particularly related to my cooking skills, and this would make me feel competent again!

Thanks, you all!!

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=10.msg5880#msg5880 date=1287785984]
                I know this is shallow, but I could use any prayers you guys could spare for tomorrow! I've been very into cupcakes lately and I just found out today that there is a cupcake decorating contest going on tomorrow at noon! This would be EXACTLY what I need lately - I've been having some self-esteem issues, particularly related to my cooking skills, and this would make me feel competent again!

Thanks, you all!!
                [/quote]

Oooh, fun! I'm waaay too chicken to do something like that! Best of luck!
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

GO GET 'EM GIRL! I'll keep ya in my thoughts! Good luck!
                  --Douglas Adams (RIP)

Comment

Thank you, guys! I'm making one of these and it's not going to be easy because I've never done the sugar glass stuff before. And I'm going to do a red filling, I just don't know what kind yet.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=10.msg5900#msg5900 date=1287795854]
                      Thank you, guys! I'm making one of these and it's not going to be easy because I've never done the sugar glass stuff before. And I'm going to do a red filling, I just don't know what kind yet.

[/quote]
                      Hahaha...Cute!
                      Don't worry too much...it's pretty much just hard candy!

What flavor are you going to make the cake?
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=10.msg5902#msg5902 date=1287796594]
                        Hahaha...Cute!
                        Don't worry too much...it's pretty much just hard candy!

What flavor are you going to make the cake?
                        [/quote]

That particular one I'm making a simple white cupcake; the sugar glass is on it's third try! I'm so exhausted and I want to go to bed, but having to take care of the baby meant I wasn't RIGHT THERE when the thermometer hit 300 and it browned again. Hopefully I've got it under control this time :P

I've got one or maybe two more I'm going to do. But they might have to wait until the morning because I'm out of butter XD

Comment

Scott has a weld test for tomorrow for a job that we REALLY need him to get. Considering he's now half way across the country and had to quit his job to go there, we are TOTALLY screwed if this doesn't work out.

so...we could really use a helping thought, prayer, good wishes, whatever right now.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=10.msg7423#msg7423 date=1288217622]
                            Scott has a weld test for tomorrow for a job that we REALLY need him to get. Considering he's now half way across the country and had to quit his job to go there, we are TOTALLY screwed if this doesn't work out.

so...we could really use a helping thought, prayer, good wishes, whatever right now.
                            [/quote]

this again...

and I have horrible cramps and can't sleep.

which sucks--because I (almost) *never* (thanks to the miracle of modern medicine) get my period (about every 4-6 months), it hurts like hell when I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

You guys are in my prayers again tonight! I really hope this works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X