X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I have epilepsy and I have never heard of this before. I appreciate you telling me about it. Again I am sorry about your loss and I will be praying for you and your loved ones.
    I hope it doesn't scare you - I haven't really looked into it, but I don't think it's very common, and there may be warning signs that you would have been told about (I imagine), but you may want to read up on it, just to be sure.

(he had some minor brain damage due to a high fever as a baby. That may have had something to do with it)
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 23 Nov 2016, 09:29.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sorry this happened to your family.

Comment

I have epilepsy and I have never heard of this before. I appreciate you telling me about it.
        Luckily it isn't common, and is especially unlikely in your case because your seizures are well managed (I know you had 2 in a short space of time recently but you said that was unusual). If you were a client of mine, you'd be considered very low risk.

SUDEP is more likely when epilepsy isn't responding to medication or where there is excessive alcohol or drug use, but even then we're talking about odds closer to 1 in 1000.

I mentioned recently that I have to attend epilepsy training on a yearly basis because I administrator midazolam, and have just had my refresher. We often get members of the community attending these sessions to learn more about their own epilepsy and I highly recommend that anyone with the condition attend such training. SUDEP is always covered in the sessions I attend and we're always reassured that it's unlikely to happen to any of the people we support.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          Luckily it isn't common, and is especially unlikely in your case because your seizures are well managed (I know you had 2 in a short space of time recently but you said that was unusual). If you were a client of mine, you'd be considered very low risk.

SUDEP is more likely when epilepsy isn't responding to medication or where there is excessive alcohol or drug use, but even then we're talking about odds closer to 1 in 1000.

I mentioned recently that I have to attend epilepsy training on a yearly basis because I administrator midazolam, and have just had my refresher. We often get members of the community attending these sessions to learn more about their own epilepsy and I highly recommend that anyone with the condition attend such training. SUDEP is always covered in the sessions I attend and we're always reassured that it's unlikely to happen to any of the people we support.
          Thanks for the information Jembru. I have had epilepsy since I was little and it has been mostly under control with meds and the Vagal Nerve Stimulator. This is one less thing I have to worry about. I am sorry though that there are people out there that have to experience these things. Can I ask, are you a neurologist? Or do you specialize in neurology? Hope I'm not being too personal.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thanks for the information Jembru. I have had epilepsy since I was little and it has been mostly under control with meds and the Vagal Nerve Stimulator. This is one less thing I have to worry about. I am sorry though that there are people out there that have to experience these things. Can I ask, are you a neurologist? Or do you specialize in neurology? Hope I'm not being too personal.
            Gosh no. I'm a support worker so just have to do lots of training on various medical conditions that apply to the people I support (used to think my company was amazing for the amount of training it provided, until I discovered that good staff training keeps insurance costs down!). Only academic qualification I have is a bachelor of science for zoology, which while a science, isn't a medical science and has nothing to do with my line of work. Can't help with neurology, but if it's a detailed discussion of animal taxonomy you're after, I'm your gal.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My nephew is going to have to have an adenoidectomy (removal of the adenoids) and tubes put in his ears on January the 17th. Please keep him in your prayers. He went to the ENT yesterday and the doctor said that he had a 30% hearing loss that is temporary and once he has the surgery everything will be back to normal. However, now he is having trouble with his hearing because there is fluid behind his ears and his adenoids are enlarged. So please keep him in your prayers please. Thanks.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Best wishes to him!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Must have something to do with the human condition...We be fragile animals it seems.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                  X