Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchrodestiny

What do you guys think of the concept?

I think it brings up some very good points. I'd like to know what some other perspectives might be. Does your chosen spiritual path affect your outlook?
    I'd like to hear what some of you think.

Here: http://www.lifeinstructor.co.uk/synchrodestiny.html

Originally posted by http://www.crystallotus.com/Synchronicity/01.htm
    Coincidence is not a coincidence. It is synchro-destiny. It is allowing self to be in a state where one connects to all the possibilities that one is. There are times we leave ourselves open, but there are deep underlying ego issues that still cloud up the openness.

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Synchrodestiny

It sounds like a rehash of the Law of Attraction with an attempt to sound like synchronicity. My dislike of the Law of Attraction will color the rest of this post.

The anecdotes don't help as well. Most of the anecdotes aren't the case of something being willed as much as they got to meet the right people to get their foot in the door. That's not fate, that's just the way some industries work (I've gotten some writing offers simply because I knew someone). I would be more inclined to say it was more if it was something like the film student was working on a film and the guy walked in by accident only to run into the student serving him tea the next day.

As for my religious beliefs on the matter. It depends. I personally believe the gods don't play that big of a role in certain things. There are some things you have to do yourself and that isn't an issue of "willing it to happen" because even the anecdotes used sort of disprove this notion. Yes, you can listen to your feelings and to some extent "create" your own destiny through will, but that's not the same thing as the idea of attracting what you want.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I think it's more about entanglement than anything. Similar things happen, or connected events happen, because we're all connected, all the time. We attach meaning to everything - that's how humans understand the world. It's just that we pay more attention to certain coincidences because they stand out in an odd way.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

...Honestly I am not sure I get it, I read the article and it just feels like there was not much of an overall point made. I get the feeling that the article wants to make a pre destination point, but never really gets around to it? I am not a big fan of predestination as most people see it, but I get it too. As far as synchro destiny, does that not imply pre-destination and therefore negate the possibility of proper free will? I get the changing things with your will, it is not far off from how alot of people view spellwork. I just think I may have missed the actual point of the article... there were quite a few obvious typos, and I get distracted.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Synchrodestiny is usually thought of as something in the future that is going to happen to you in a nice kind of way. A way that is determined by the meeting of two people or two similar opportunities, that are beneficial to you.
          I don't believe in any concept that throws out negative outcomes out the door.

Is it synchrodestiny that Anne Frank was kicking it in the attic? Or that dog I saw run across the lanes got cut in half?

This is optimistic hoohaw for those who are grown ups who still love rainbow unicorns pooping glitter.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm open minded about it. I can accept that things happen by chance and that we live long enough, meet enough people and make enough choices, that now and then, things are going to just come together nicely. However, a more innocent part of me likes the idea of predetermined destiny, so long as it is flexible enough to allow for us to screw things up on our own too.

I dunno, whatever it was, I can't help thinking that something very special happened the night I met JP. I really, really didn't want to go out that night but was emotionally blackmailed by my roomie (to be fair, I was being a right bitch, it WAS her bleeding birthday!). JP had the same thing happen. He really didn't want to go out either, but was forced by his friends.

What made Michelle go to the toilet just as one of them seemed to say something about Tekken? Why did I get excited and start talking about Yoshimitsu to a bunch of strangers? What made me randomly say something in Japanese, only to have one of these boys reply in pretty fluent-sounding Japanese? His friends, who had known JP for years, didn't even know he could speak Japanese.

But it wasn't just that. We started to chat and it was as though we had always known one another. He liked other cool things like writing and Dr. Who, he was political and funny. I honestly felt I had met some good soulmate material in him.

And so far, I seem to have been right. We are inseparable. We have invented loads of silly couple speak, sing silly songs we invented together, just know one another inside and out. It's a very special bond like nothing I have experienced before. He is my world.

So.. accident. Maybe. But then you'd think I'd have met more random guys and girls than I had, before I found such a perfect fit. Then again, that's like saying it is impossible to win a lottery the very first time you play. If I did win first time, would I call that fate? How would I justify everyone else losing?

Looks like I am definitely on the bench. Anything is possible though, no matter how terrifying that concept might be.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

At a quick look, it seems to be a spin-off of Jung's concept of synchronicity - the examples given are the same as might be given for synchronicity. I'm going to have to take a closer look, though - I'm not sure if I entirely understand synchronicity itself...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Many,if not all theories like this,as well as most religious systems seem(at least to me) to stem from humans need to see themselves as not just flotsam in the sea of time,but as a major force that controls the flow of time and destiny. It is VERY hard for humans to accept that perhaps we are not the crown of creation,and perhaps we are the dandruff on the head that wears that crown.
                And that makes as much sense as most theories on the nature of our existence. We exist,and we live for a while and die. Not everyone is a hero,some are villains. Some die very young,some live to very old years. I think human ego makes us want to be more important than we in fact are. I believe everything is connected,we are all part of the same energy,so each is important in the flow of existence,though we may only be the lubricant when we are ground down by the wheel of time.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No one has no response to the lack of 'negative outcome' with any of this?
                  Why don't we ever say that? Oh well that train that killed her. It was meant to happen.
                  unicorn ponies for everyone.

Comment

I agree with you Medusa.

The law of attraction and concepts like it seems a bit like victim blaming to me, at least when looking at the negative outcome. If there is no such thing as a coincidence and everything that happens to us is a result of what we draw to us, how can it be anything but our fault when bad things happen?
                    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      No one has no response to the lack of 'negative outcome' with any of this?
                      Why don't we ever say that? Oh well that train that killed her. It was meant to happen.
                      unicorn ponies for everyone.
                      I figured you were preaching to the choir about that one.

Thing is, I've run into people who say that and then use it as an excuse to not help someone. "Oh your spirit chose to live in an abusive situation. I don't see why you want healing with that." I've also since disassociated with people who think that way because the mental gymnastics to justify it look like the justification of the California judge thread Corbin put up.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

Sometimes good shit happens.
                        Sometimes bad shit happens.

Sometimes good shit happens to people that deserve it, and sometimes that good shit happens BECAUSE they deserve it. And sometimes bad shit happens to people that deserve it, occasionally as a result of them deserving it.

But sometimes bad shit happens to people that deserve good shit, and sometimes good shit happens to people that don't deserve it.

Is it chance? Is it kismet?
                        Maybe we just need a reason to believe that we are important. To be more than a cog in a machine, more than a whisper in a crowded room.

Maybe its two separate forces intertwined and in conflict...each making the world go 'round in its own way.

Or maybe not.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what she said! ^

Plus this is great timing for this thread and the school shooting. Wonder who says oh yeah synchrodestiny was all in play with these 20 children.

All hands down I see.

Comment

Working...
                          X