California judge says victims' body can prevent rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California judge says victims' body can prevent rape

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, this judge comes along...

A Southern California judge is being publicly admonished for saying a rape victim "didn't put up a fight" during her assault and that if someone doesn't want sexual intercourse, the body "will not permit that to happen."
    and

Johnson made the comments in the case of a man who threatened to mutilate the face and genitals of his ex-girlfriend with a heated screwdriver, beat her with a metal baton and made other violent threats before committing rape, forced oral copulation, and other crimes.

Let's all just go pop into the Wayback Machine, and go back to 1945...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: California judge says victims' body can prevent rape

Lets bend the guy over heat up a screwdriver, (or sawblade, depending on your proclivities,) and see if it goes in... He will figure out what rape and mutilation your body can spontaneously prevent that way... Then perhaps the.... man..... will be better able to make a judgement that way...

[please excuse me from the rest of this conversation before I get angry...]
    Last edited by Maria de Luna; 14 Dec 2012, 08:03. Reason: ...language...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Sooo the election favorite of 'if the body permits it, it's not legitimate rape' is still going strong, I see.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm thinking rusty razor blades might be a nice choice...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That's like saying if your ribs didn't prevent the knife from entering your heart, then you were meant to die.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I wonder if his opinion goes as far to include people who are drugged and therefore not concious while this occours? I also am not sure how this man could have sat the orange county sex crimes unit... and still not feel disgraced enough to step the **** down...
            This man clearly lacks the intelligence to sit the bench and should be removed and forcibly if need be!
            I really wish I had not heard of this bloody article... now I'm going to be pissed all bloody day...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              I really wish I had not heard of this bloody article... now I'm going to be pissed all bloody day...
              This might make you feel better - he got censured for it, which means that his fellow judges say he was out of line. What he did isn't standard operating procedure.

And the article came from Fox, so it isn't like this is a thing being revived by Republicans or something. Even Fox says it's wrong.

This was one guy being an ass.

Comment

And I had so much fun voting against Todd Akin last month! I guess he's not the only total dipshit on the planet. Oh wait, I already knew that....
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

You know people are sick when they're digging up 13th century medical books to justify horrifying actions.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

This seems to be something that pops up from time to time,but really when a judge is this stupid it really makes you wonder just how screwed up our legal system is.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                        I wonder if his opinion goes as far to include people who are drugged and therefore not conscious while this occurs?
                        Well, if you're the kind of person who would be in a place where you could be drugged, either voluntarily or supposedly against your will, you were obviously asking for it...
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't even know what to say to someone like that. It's disheartening, offensive, and sick.

Comment

It's just one standard variation on their favorite refrain of "The Devil made me do it!" just substituting "woman" for "devil" ya know.

Hopefully, this so-called "judge" will be impeached from office, and beheaded or worse.
                            HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Ooh. Fun. Another crash-test dummy working in the wrong field.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                              X