Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiritual Warfare?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    So, we are doing armchair psychiatry now?
    Lemme get my couch.
    Pretty much! If this keeps up it will summon Ziltoid...
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Lawtan View Post
      Sorry to but in, but as an Aspie, I've been trying to understand why the kid (Heck, he's near my age. I can't call him a kid, I suppose) did it. I don't think it was so much spiritual warfare. Rather, there are many dynamics.

The kid was taking psychology and history. He could have felt that the children could grow up to be hollow as the people he saw around himself (soon to be parents), and thus tried to deliver an early trauma to change that.

He shot his mother, the gun enthusiast, first. To me, that says "I'll prove to you guns are bad."

The principal and psychiatrist approached the kid rapidly (Running). What's the last thing you do to a scared animal? Run at it.

He came in with a bulletproof vest - he expected to be resisted from the beginning. He did not expect to go through with it. Someone even says they heard "I told you not to go through with it." When police resistance failed in his mind, he had to stop himself. Thus the suicide.

The picture I saw of him running had his face looking like any Pervasive Development Disorder child when they are determined to do something to prove a point, but scared, caged, ect.

I would say that would be the result of a child who absorbed too much of the strains and arguments through books, people, and news, and finally felt he had to shock the system into something.

Note: Just the results of bouncing ideas between myself and a person who has worked aspies/autistics/others. Thus take what I have noted with a pound of salt.

Reason why I post this: There are those who continually bicker and use this stuff as fuel. There are those who are now saying any person exhibiting "weird" tendancies should be watched, despite the fact that a few days earlier, a mall shooting was done by a social partygoer. I personally think such political/activist discussions perpetuate the feelings that lead to violence. Negative action/thought currently seems to grow because it is fed more.
      Also, people are increasingly trying to control people. If you force a horse to drink, it will either become broken, or break your foot.
      That's quite a theory, and while that may be true, there could possibly be no way to find out, even after police investigation.

Comment

Erhh, certainly. He expected police resistance and was counting on the police to stop him sooooo....

he wears body armor.

No. Just no. I'll grant an expectation of resistance but if you want to push the idea that he was counting on said resistance to stop him before he shot any kids then you've got a significant amount of evidence to produce. Body armor does one thing, protect against weapons. If I'm relying on the police to kill me before I do something then wearing a vest designed to stop bullets is counter-productive.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't think there's an evil force as such.

Humans are capable of both good and evil, free will - that kind of thing.

Comment

I believe there is power. And that human beings can use this for good evil.... or whatever. I wouldn't call this spiritual warfare although I do believe in hexes.

All that said, the biggest risk in a situation like this is that we give the whole thing over to a media circus and that creates some pretty terrible thought forms. You want to create another killer like this one? You give lots of time and space to him, his face, his motives, you forget the victims (most of whose names will soon be forgotten) and you concentrate on the person who did this. [And here I'm not arguing about why he might have done it.... there could be many reasons].

And if you keep on long enough, then you create a very powerful thought form. And the thing about thought forms is that they go looking for a congenial home. Another person with much the same thoughts, the same problems. And then they take up residence there....
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

In nature very little is actually black or white. The sky in the darkest night is a deep purple, not black. Clouds are not purely white they have a blue or pink tinge usually. My point is yes there are energies that don't "jive" with our desires. They come across as evil. As in our wars, either side can be justified from their perspective. In the world wars the allies were justified in their minds and the axis were equally justified to themselves. The soldiers just wanted to provide for their families for the most part. Military service would do that. Yeah, while the initial motives were horrendous and the outcome was devastating, the soldiers couldn't be blamed. Even most of the higher ups. We all search for acceptance. Whos to say the malevolent spirits we encounter weren't feeling lonely and then found where they "fit in." Maybe a power in the past saw flaws with the higherarchy of the time and attempted to rectify those flaws but went about it wrong, was demonized, and went from there. The whole time knowing his motives were pure and perhaps not comprehending why the methods may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X