Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I'm doing this thing

So...

I'm an idiot and I've decided to do a 365 photo project. I started yesterday on the solstice. Come check it out, click like buttons, whatever it is you people do. Just...don't let me quit.

and if anyone is any good with wordpress, I could use a bit of help. It's blowing my mind to small, frustrated pieces.

Mostly art.

Re: so I'm doing this thing

Neeters!

What exactly are you having trouble with?
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

You take some excellent pictures. Why give up and deprive the world of such masterful work?
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

You had me at
        Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I'm an idiot.
        [4:82]

Comment

<---thinks they are lovely!

Get back to work!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I followed your blog!

Also, I'm experienced in Wordpress...what do you need help with?

Comment

yeah, chickie...I use wordpress. What problems are you having?
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I not only love the idea of a photo-a-day, for a 365 project, but I'm also speechless. Beautiful work!!

And don't you DARE stop!

Oh, and what's a word press? Is that like a bench press or a drill press?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I get the impression based on another post that she doesn't really wanna keep up with it, but she better, they are so pretty...
                  I don't know much about word press myself, but this whole dag gum community appears to use it....

But you hear that V? You need to keep making pretty pictures!
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    I don't know much about word press myself, but this whole dag gum community appears to use it....

But you hear that V? You need to keep making pretty pictures!
                    Damn straight!!

(And, wordpress is a blogging site and platform...like livejournal, blogger, blogspot, etc. I like it, but I've been using it for three or four years now. IT does have some quirks to get used to though.)
                    sigpic

Comment

Aww, thanks guys.

As for Wordpress, it's just confusing. I can barely figure out where to find the new post button, let alone figure out customizations (and WHY can't I play with CSS?) ...I've been using Blogger for 4 years now, and Wordpress is just really confusing in comparison. I was having trouble with my title posts not showing, but I figured that one out, and I was also having trouble figuring how to find some minor customizations I wanted to do, which I somewhat figured out.

Should I just pay to get my own domain?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Should I just pay to get my own domain?
                        I haven't yet, but I think I will end up doing it, at least for the blog. There is also a paid format that I really like...

I really want to use something like this: http://thalassamusings.wix.com/herbal
                        as my own domain, and then link it to my blog.

...but I sort of feel like its a bit of an over-indulgence in what is essentially a hobby. If it was a business or something, maybe...but...
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X