Interests and what we do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interests and what we do

I probably think too much. Just now, deciding that it looked like I would be staying here for a while, I went to flesh out my profile a bit more and was absolutely immobilized by the prompt "Interests." There is not much I don't find interesting, but "life" is a glib answer that tells other people little. Is it dishonest to list things that I have found inspiring but do not really do very much? So, then, should "interests" be things that I actually DO? If I list a bunch of things that I wish to do rather than things I actually do, isn't that a list of dreams rather than hobbies? Sadly, most of what I do is not that interesting to me. This left me puzzled and perplexed, because life is fairly short and shouldn't we all be doing mostly those things that we find interesting?

So, for any of you who spend more time than not doing what you really want to do -- tell me how. Bear in mind that I have a family to tend, so going Kerouac is not an option. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. Is that possible?

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr
Working...
X