Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Removing Negative Energy

Re: Help Removing Negative Energy

Why are you pushing with your own personal energy?

Call in help. There are enough angels, elementals and divinities roaming around that you don't need to go one on one with hostile Powers. Let the thing deliver its threats to Thor or Michael if it feels sufficiently badass.

That said, is there any physical realities in-house that could feed the thing when you aren't there? Finding back-up that can supply brute force is a straightforward procedure but if there are mundane problems feeding into this thing every time you leave the house then it may simply rebuild itself when you leave unless the mundane issues are solved.

Regarding it's capacity to assault you after you head for home,
    1) enter your mom's house under protections
    2) restructure whatever room you sleep in and you use some form of space cleansing and defensive ward before you sleep to provide a pointed statement that the thing is to stay the F*** away from you while you're unconscious
    3) stop somewhere secluded after you leave and cleanse everything that you take out of the house before you get home. A self-purification would be advisable as well.
    4) take whatever steps are necessary to not think about the place for a month or so after you leave

and just to be an -censored- to this thing, don't get yourself worked up about what it might try in the days before visiting your mom. Fear can create openings in your defense for it to attack. If you put any thought into it at all then keep the line of thought purely in the realm of "how do I ID it and either make peace or shove my foot so far up its -censored- that its great grandchildren's great grandchildren will be feeling the butthurt?" There's a significant difference in the energy you project to the outside world between the mindset of

"I'm going to suffer horribly if the horrid night creature sees me"

and

"I AM THE TERROR IN THE NIGHT AND I'M GOING TO EAT THE HALF-BAKED, POOR EXCUSE FOR AN IMP THAT'S RUINING MY GOOD NAME FOR BREAKFAST AND SPIT ITS BONES OUT AT ITS FAMILY!"

You want to be operating from the second mindset and you want the thing you're dealing with to be thinking in the first.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Speaks the truth he does.

Comment

I love what Masked had to say...

On the mundane end: is it possible that one of the family members that still lives there is struggling with an issue that you aren't aware of? If there is something really hard going on--even something "simple" like basic long-term depression--it can drag the feeling in a place right back down in a big hurry. If there is something hanging around, it would be easy to feed off of that.

Add to that things like pipes and wiring. Believe it or not, certain frequencies, ones that are almost too low for us to register, can create the sensations you describe(for a less wordy example, go here).

Check out the mundane, always.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I second all advice given above.

You might try performing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. This will do several things in one sweep: It will connect you to your Higher Self, erect a protective barrier, banish just about everything in the vicinity, and call upon the Archangels. The ritual itself is very Abrahamic in nature; if this is a problem for you there are modified Pagan versions of the ritual available on the internet. Whichever version you use (if you so choose) it is imperative that you understand what the words of power actually mean and that you vibrate and incant them properly, otherwise the ritual won't do squat.

As for taking care of yourself between visits, I recommend frequent purification baths with lots of sea salt.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

As for something non-spiritual you can try to move all the furnitures and things in the house around, so that you'll get another type of lightning coming in from the windows. My sister had almost the same problem as you, some years ago and this actually helped.
            If the enrgy is strong and comes back or just didn't go away, you can either "do it the hard way" by visualizing cleansing the bad energy in the room and force it all into a big dusty ball and then press the ball until it so tiny that you can hold it your hand. You can either choose to throw it out of the window or press it even more till it's all gone. That's the ward way, where you force the energy out of the house. But you can also ask the energy to go away. I don't quite know to do this, btw...
            If you want bad energies to stay away from the house from now on, you can make a admonition where you write that only friendly minded spirits/energy may come in. Some cultures used this alot... I've never tried it, so I don't really have any experience with it.
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I watched a ghost hunter show once where the air purifier created a electromagnetic field and once they turned it off the sensation of being watched went away. Are you near power lines there or an electric field of some kind? Have you had the furnace checked and the air quality checked? Radon even could be an issue. I would do all the normal energy stuff and all the mundane stuff.

As far as energy and warding putting a cup of apple cider vinegar in each room keeps nasties at bay as well. Salt is a good one too. You could always burn frankincense and myrrh or call a priest to do a house blessing. They are ok with that usually.

Comment

Firstly - I'd advise making notes. I always advise this because it's impossible to recall what is happenjing and when at a later date. So make a start with that.
                Also - what are your electricity bills like in that house? Do they change when you return home? Sounds mad - but it isn't. I suspect what you have is a chthonic entity, but it needs checking out.
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I only have experiences with ghosts.
                  The first ghost we had was when i was much younger, he was not a very nice ghost. He always walked around the house with his bad energy and watch you when you slept. It sucked. My grandmother proceed to cleanse the house with sea salt, the outside, and all the rooms in every corner, telling it it wasn't welcome here. That only positive spirits are allowed. We didn't have anymore problems with him.

The second one was much more recent, in my current house. He isn't negative, but he scared the shit out of me, and I really don't like going into certain rooms for to long. My roommate blessed the house with incense and made boundaries with it while singing an old native American song. Basically we told him that he was welcome but to tone it down a bit. . . We call him Charles.

What you are going through sounds more complicated, and maybe everybody is right about the electricity thing. Sorry I'm not much help.

Comment

Strange as this may sound, I've had a similar experience.
                    For a few years, my family lived in a haunted house if I've ever seen one. There were all sorts of odd occurences (unexplainable lights, objects moving around on their own, the dog refused to go anywhere near the back of the house, etc) and the place had an awful history (the girl who had last occupied my room was a pedophile, as I found out from others in the neighborhood a few months following our move in). The whole house felt almost as though it was leering down on you oppressively; I know that must sound melodramatic, but it's really the only way I can describe it. There was something in the house that seemed to harass my brother, but whenever he left for more than a day, it turned its attention on me. It was absolutely awful. I thought I was going insane; I would hear things that weren't there, have thoughts that absolutely terrified me, and could barely get a wink of sleep. As soon as he came back, the whole thing would calm down and I would slowly ease back to normal. It wasn't until we moved out that my family began to compare stories, and my brother and I pieced together the fact that what had happened to me while he was gone was uncannily similar to what happened to him while he was home. It hasn't happened since we left that house.
                    Now, to this day, I don't even know if I believe in ghosts and supernatural occurences. For all I know, there could be some rational explanation behind what happened; temporary psychosis, perhaps. Though, that does seem quite unlikely as there was no major stress in my life back then, and my brother was a huge skeptic who didn't even believe in the supernatural. That being said, I agree with all of the advice above. As for my own two cents; don't give it too much attention. One of the worst mistakes I made was to constantly worry and obsess about it from the moment it began to manifest itself. Not only did this give it more energy to feed off of- if it was a real entity, that is- it also created a psychological affect that made things seem much more intense than they actually were. Good luck

Comment

MaskedOne - Thank you so much for this post, it meant a lot to me and I dig the way you put it out there. I am going to work on all of these things. I have the hurdle of not actually being in the property at the moment, but I am going to try and work on it regardless. IF you can direct me to any resources to help learn how to better do these things I'd be very appreciative

Comment

ID'ing the thing, which is always good if you aren't applying any of my preferred axioms about explosives, is something that you're best off asking Tylluan about. She's put a great deal of time and effort into the subject and I won't pretend to have a tenth of her knowledge in that arena.

The general rules I mentioned earlier:

1) Calling in backup: Do you work with any gods? I prefer combative ones for this instance but that might just be me. If you do then how do you normally interact with them? If not then what do you work with? I'm not going into my specific methodology because I prefer that you find answers within your framework* to trying (likely with limited success) to use a framework that's alien to you.

* Also because I'm secretive as hell for my own amusement and obscure my precise methods from everyone.

2) ID'ing physical causes: see prior referral to Tylluan.

3) Travel protections: what path do you follow? different sects have different protective measures, using something from your framework is better than trying to use something from mine

4) Room remodel and defense: this serves a couple goals, first moving things around means you are spending time looking around the room and poking in corners. If there's a mundane issue you may stumble across it. Remodeling it also provides a break from memories of the last time you were there and limits one form of mind trick, the only mind tricks allowed here are yours. Actual defenses for the room? Charms, circles, specific sound effects, etc. Specifics depend on your path (If I don't sound like a broken record yet, fear not, I'm sure I can repeat myself some more )

5) Post visit purification:
                        This is dependent on your specific path. (see I told you I'd repeat myself)

Just make certain it happens before you get home.

6) Not thinking about bad mannered little imps: Take up running, go on vacation, play lots of Halo, plot out a campaign to take over the world, write hate mail to MaskedOne, ask yourself how many completely non-serious items you can add to this list...
                        The goal is not thinking about a bad mannered imp. You accomplish that by thinking of something else, I don't really care what as long as it holds your attention.

Final Concern:

Convincing yourself that you can eat an ill-mannered imp for breakfast and it spit its bones out at its family.

Shrug, I say you can and I refuse to be proven wrong. Since I'm much less kindly than the imp in question, you're just stuck figuring out how you prefer unwanted entities to be prepared for dinner. I'm sure you'll manage something.

The non-flippant answer is simple. Fear is a side effect of either not being able to counter the threat or not having a clue how. You answer it with knowledge and preparation (and the certain knowledge that as PF's resident eldritch horror, I've already added your current and future sanity to my supply of pizza toppings, if my topping supply is diminished by a disembodied entity then I'm eating the entity in question and all its relatives )
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                        X