Meditation/Connection blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation/Connection blocks?

I know all the benefits of meditating, and how it's supposed to help you, but everytime I try to meditate, raise energy, anything like that, I get a splitting head ache. I'll be fine before I start meditating, but the second I start letting go and getting into it, I get this aching that starts slowly at the top of my head and then just gets worse and worse, so I have to stop. The same thing happens when I'm trying to raise energy, I'll try to focus and raise it, and my head will just start pounding.

I don't know what to do to fix it, I've tried cleaning out my Crown chakra, I've tried taking advil before doing anything, I've tried having and not having music in the background, nothing seems to work. I don't understand what's going on, I had originally thought it would go away with time, but it's been about 3 years and it keeps happening. Have any of you had this problem? I am more than happy to take any suggestions you may have!

Re: Meditation/Connection blocks?

Does it only happen when you meditate or work with energy? I mean it could be almost anything. I'd start by addressing any physical issues, do you always do this work in a particular posture? It could just be a skeletal-muscular problem, maybe physiotherapy or something along those lines would help, or you could just try working in different postures. You could also see a doctor, leave out the metaphysical stuff but just say you're getting headaches when you concentrate, in fact I'd absolutely recommend this if they continue.

The second option is that it's an issue with energy flow. In this case I'd try to clean and energize all of the chakra's, not just the crown, it may be an issue of imbalance. If that doesn't work, I'd look into the more general flow of energy through the meridians in your body, taking up Qi Gong might help, or seeing an acupuncturist or reiki healer. Don't necessary assume it's a problem in your skull because that's where the pain is manifesting, even pain with a physical cause can occur in entirely different places to the actual problem causing it.

It could also be psychosomatic. If you have any deep seated hangups about the work you're doing, leftover guilt from a christian upbringing, anxiety about dealing with "unknown forces,' anything like that, it could manifest as physical discomfort. Alternatively, it may be something that got 'programmed in' if you will, you got headaches for whatever reason a few times when you first started, and because you focused on them and started to expect them, they kept manifesting. The mind is a weird thing like that.

Finally, it might just be 'one of those things.' Unless it literally has you on the ground in tears with agony, you might just have to push through it and keep working until it goes away.

I'm not sure if any of that left you better off than when you started, but hopefully going down one of those avenues can help you Good luck!

Comment

Re: Meditation/Connection blocks?

If there is no physical issue that needs to be addressed, it is possible that you have unresolved emotional issues that are clogging you up whenever you become still enough for them to coalesce. To address this, clear your channels. This can take a while depending on how much gunk is in there. People often do not take their subtle bodies seriously, but it is you and if it is not in good shape then you are not in good shape no matter how drop-dead-gorgeous your physical body may be.

It is also possible that you are forcing a level of flow that your physical/subtle body is not handling comfortably. It's sort of like if you want to run a marathon and just go do it without training up for it gradually. This is a big pitfall for the clever -- they know what to do so they just want to go on and do it. You may also be unintentionally tensing either face/neck muscles or your brain to focus as you believe you should. Around the eye area is common. Try "just sitting" with only the intention of absolute relaxation of every part of you to see if you can feel a physical difference when compared to other meditation experiences. If so, perhaps "just sit" for a while, maybe daily for at least a month, so that your body can naturally assume a state of total relaxation easily before you do anything else. Once you have the habit of relaxation you will recognize when your mind or muscles are doing something else and be able to easily release that tension. The simpler the practice, the better. Count breaths and let thoughts arrive and depart like clouds in the sky -- nothing to do, nothing to engage, simply to be now at rest. This type of meditation is clinically proven to relieve headaches.

For what it is worth.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
      X