Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna buy a skin ring?

Now why didn't I think of this...

Fashion designer Sruli Recht combines a 4-inch piece of himself with a gold ring to create a unique fashion accessory that comes with a DNA certificate. Got $470,000 to spare?

And it is incredibly ugly...

I think I will have my appendix removed, and make it into a lovely necklace. Since I only have one appendix, whereas Sruli Recht still has plenty of skin left, I figure my appendicitis necklace - if it is ugly enough - should sell for about $550,000. And I'll include an 8x10 glossy of my opened abdomen as a momento.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Wanna buy a skin ring?

Gross.

Yep... still gross.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I think the hair makes it worse.

Comment

Now why would anyone want to pay all that money for that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
          I think the hair makes it worse.
          Yeah - it's the hair...

Ewwww
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ugh...that's freaking disgusting. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by JackofPens View Post
              Now why would anyone want to pay all that money for that?!
              Actually, there is a bidding war going on, and the price is somewhat higher currently...

Comment

It may be the hair, Dunno that shaving it would make me feel better.
                Also, I'm not entirely sure I could wear something squishy and furry on my hand...
                I hope no one wears it.

and totally still gross...
                This bugs me more thent the selling and eating of the japanese cook's man parts.
                and I don't understand why...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  ..and totally still gross...
                  This bugs me more thent the selling and eating of the japanese cook's man parts.
                  and I don't understand why...
                  The cook should have saved enough skin (foreskin would do it) to make a ring, and clear another few thousand yen...

Is there hair on a foreskin?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    The cook should have saved enough skin (foreskin would do it) to make a ring, and clear another few thousand yen...

Is there hair on a foreskin?
                    Eating it apparently does not bother me, wearing it skeeves me the heck out...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Ugh, that's foul. On the other hand, if I thought someone was willing to pay that much for a small chunk of my skin...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                        Ugh, that's foul. On the other hand, if I thought someone was willing to pay that much for a small chunk of my skin...
                        The Merchant of Venice comes to mind...

How much are you asking for a pound of flesh? Is the blood included, or is there an extra charge for juice?

Comment

I haven't clicked the link (I'm posting from work ATM) but the gist of what I've gotten out of this really made me think of this "Lost Girl" episode I watched on Netflix yesterday about a Lich. And another episode some time prior about a "Flesh eater". I can imagine people like *that* purchasing a skin rug.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Actually, I read a Roger Zelazny novel in which a character who had been made into mostly metal wore a skin ring (made from his own former skin) to remind him he was human (when he got a new body, he started to wear a metal ring...). That I can get.

What I don't get is why somebody would want to wear THIS guy's skin. It doesn't even have a tattoo on it.

Comment

Y'all know that I am open minded, and tolerant of some of the strangest behaviors of humankind, but...

Even I have to agree. This is gross. Dude, why leave the hair on that thing? How difficult would it have been to just shave that one patch of belly? It's not like it wasn't going to be all itchy and irritated while the hair grew back.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X