X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna buy a skin ring?

WTF?!?!

People are weird.

Corbin, did you show this one to your students? Sometimes, I wonder what the heck they think of this stuff!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Eating flesh weirds me out, but wearing it? Well, I'm the opposite voice of the forum today. I thought this was really neat...

How is it different from my pig leather jacket, or my cow leather boots?

Mostly art.

Comment

If I had money I'd buy it, but then again I collect weird things. I have a monkey skull with a little hat, I named him Earl. Not entirely sure what I'd DO with a skin ring though. Not much of a display piece.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

First man bits...what in the heck are you googling these days, Corbin??

/Says the girl who also collects animal parts.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            I have a monkey skull with a little hat, I named him Earl.
            Not gonna lie, I'm pretty jelly over here.
            Say hi to Earl for me.

Comment

Seems the forum is turning into the Little Shop of Horrors ^^. After the wang fricassee, now this. What's next? People's faces as tea-cosies? Soylent Green?

I understand what you mean, volcaniclastic, but usually, the animals used for making jackets are pretty much dead. Mister Recht is stilll very much alive. I think that's what really weird here. Also, the hairs (on that note, thanks for ruining my breakfast, Corbin :sick

"It takes a special kind of person to want this ring" Yes, thank you, Sruli, we knew that.
              "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I dunno...I think, were the skin harvested from live pigs and cows (ooooh...I wonder about lab-growing leather, like we do skin for skin grafts) I would have an actual ethical problem with it. Here, I just think its weird, and...aside from the fact that he did it himself (therefor voluntarily), it sort of reminds me of the holocaust.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  WTF?!?!

People are weird.

Corbin, did you show this one to your students? Sometimes, I wonder what the heck they think of this stuff!

I don't teach art anymore, so I sent a link to the current jewelry teacher, suggesting a fun class project. She says I ruined her lunch too.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  Even I have to agree. This is gross. Dude, why leave the hair on that thing? How difficult would it have been to just shave that one patch of belly? It's not like it wasn't going to be all itchy and irritated while the hair grew back.
                  Did you happen to read the comments under the article?

People were concerned about the hair because it comes from too close to the groin for comfort...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  Eating flesh weirds me out, but wearing it? Well, I'm the opposite voice of the forum today. I thought this was really neat...

The pig leather jacket and cow leather boots probobly look good on you. That would be the difference to me....
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ya know, looking at it again, I may not think it was all thaaat gross if it did not have the hair... I'm pretty sure it is the hair that bothers me so much...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                      First man bits...what in the heck are you googling these days, Corbin??

/Says the girl who also collects animal parts.
                      I'm trying to find the key to success in the art world. I'm in a hurry, because I only have about 20 years left to find fame and fortune.

So far, my research has indicated that the first step involves doing something horrendously gross, then overcharging by an astronomical amount.

K'Roe says I'm not allowed to cut off my naughty bits, though, which is going to slow things down. That's probably why most successful artists aren't married.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I'm trying to find the key to success in the art world. I'm in a hurry, because I only have about 20 years left to find fame and fortune.

So far, my research has indicated that the first step involves doing something horrendously gross, then overcharging by an astronomical amount.

K'Roe says I'm not allowed to cut off my naughty bits, though, which is going to slow things down. That's probably why most successful artists aren't married.
                        I think you may have been on the right track with the appendix thing. Oh! you could do a couples matching tonsils something or another! Like toasting flutes, for their wedding! I bet the crazies with money would legitimately come out of the woodwork to buy that one!

Or it is going to become a "thing" to exchange wedding rings with skin or hair or teeth or fingernails in them. Men have bigger fingers though, so women would be losing alot more skin than the male counterparts of the relationship...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Gross is wonderful. Just don't leave it hairy. Doesn't matter whether it's knuckle-hair or wibbly-wobbly hair. Head hair kind of pushes the envelope for me. Hair is gross unless it's your own.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Where it came from doesn't bother me. It's just...ugly. I like leather but if an article of leather had that ugliness to it I wouldn't like that either. I'm sure some people see it as some kind of meaningful tribute to humanity or whatever, but...I'd sooner spend that kind of money on booze and whores.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Oh, wow, that was very disgusting. I felt like I needed to clean my computer monitor and take a shower after I laid eyes on it.

Dear gods.

Really.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                ?..Or it is going to become a "thing" to exchange wedding rings with skin or hair or teeth or fingernails in them. Men have bigger fingers though, so women would be losing alot more skin than the male counterparts of the relationship...
                                Wow... A perfect niche market...

I wonder if the S & D folks would go for something like this. You could make a whole ritual - thingy out of it...

I'm off to make business cards, and take out an ad on Craig's List....

(Note to self: need book on leather tanning)

Comment

Working...
                                X