• Show
Clear All

• Re: Things that make you smile

I have discovered the joy of podcasts.
    + Morning coffee. Real morning coffee.
    baah.

Comment

I'm sickees. I look like a mess. And my guy bought me souppeeeeee!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My dog is snoring. Sometimes he grumbles in his deep growly voice. I'm tickled every time.

Comment

The house passed the home inspection with flying colors. For being a foreclosure that is FANTASTIC news. Now onto the appraisal!
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            The house passed the home inspection with flying colors. For being a foreclosure that is FANTASTIC news. Now onto the appraisal!
            Great!! Hope it all continues to go well!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have an orange belt now.
              baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Näre View Post
                I have an orange belt now.
                Cool, which art?
                "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm off for the next 2 days!

Comment

I always like the way President Obama looks at Michelle when she isn't paying attention.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Cool, which art?
                      Karate (wado-ryu).
                      baah.

Comment

I got a free drink at Taco Bell today. (I guess they made an extra one or had to correct one).
                        “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I went shopping and picked up (after aprox the 7th trip to the dressing room) a pair of denim shorts just above my knee that fit perfect! Snug and perfect for work. Then found the capri version on-line and ordered those as well. I can get rid of my 2 sizes too big capris. Goodbye Felicia!

Comment

I am so lucky to be in a relationship with my best friend. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche, but that's seriously how I feel. We can talk to each other about anything and we actually love doing the same things. And even though long distance sucks, I think it's really helped the communication aspect of our relationship, because for most of the week, all we can do is talk.

Comment

This community. I was looking through my past posts in the prayer request thread, which summarized a lot of the shit I've gone through over the last three years. The people here were so helpful, like it's insane. They cared and helped me settle my nerves, even though they didn't have a personal stake in anything that was happening. Same with every other faith question, issue or request that I ever had and brought here. Just an excellent group of people. I haven't posted here consistently at all because I've been prioritizing family and friends, but I've come to the realization that if I'm going to prioritize family and friends, this site needs to be part of that. Even if it's a small part of my day, I feel so much better and happier when I spend time with the folks here.

Thanks for being awesome. And for those who don't really know me or are newer. I look forward to seeing how awesome you are.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Its 8:06 p.m. and I am turning off my alarm and going to bed. I don't have to work tomorrow morning so I am going to sleep as long as I can, and this makes me happy. I am taking bets that I wont last past 4 a.m. but heres hoping.
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X