This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Getting my car back after it's been in the repair shop for a month. The repair bill not so much. But I got my car back!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I got a thunder pipe!

IMG_20211119_132203.jpg
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I woke up in time to catch some of the eclipse last night. I love the November full moons here - the light streams in the back door all silvery-bright and magicky looking. So I did a little thing/spell/wish regarding a situation that's been going on for a year or so with no apparent resolution.

Things came together and the situation appears to be resolved today!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I got a thunder pipe!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5554[/ATTACH]
          wow is that a flint lock? black powder? kinda looks like a blunderbuss?
          Last edited by anunitu; 21 Nov 2021, 08:36.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            wow is that a flint lock? black powder? kinda looks like a blunderbuss?
            Yup - flintlock, blackpowder, and a blunderbus (which translates to "thunder pipe").
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

is it an assault blunderbuss?
              ?
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I got a thunder pipe!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5554[/ATTACH]
                That looks really cool. The ergonomics are interesting and firing it would take some getting used to but the piece is pretty cool.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  is it an assault blunderbuss?
                  ?
                  Only in California.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  That looks really cool. The ergonomics are interesting and firing it would take some getting used to but the piece is pretty cool.
                  Think of it as a sawed off shotgun. Precision not required. Point and shoot.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving from me and my "turkey", Buddy!

BuddyThanksgiving2018.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL - that's hilarious!

But does he know what he's pretending to be?

Comment

Happy early Thanksgiving guys! I will be working on Turkey Day tomorrow, so I will probably come home and crash on the bed and I might forget to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. So I'm wishing one early!
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

LOL - that's hilarious!

But does he know what he's pretending to be?
                          Not one bit! Haha! All she knew was there were yummy carrots, broccoli, etc. to have when I was done!
                          sigpic

Comment

amuses me largely because years ago we had

So we have a thread on what assumptions people make when they see a screenname, what assumptions do you make (if any) when you first see someone's avatar?

and

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

amuses me largely because years ago we had

So we have a thread on what assumptions people make when they see a screenname, what assumptions do you make (if any) when you first see someone's avatar?

and

http://paganforum.com/showthread.php...ption+username
                              According to the article, my sexy fish means I'm insecure, although the author didn't have much to say about the meaning of my blog pic.

Comment

I'm in the process of opening a new web store - I've got a provider and a domain.

I'm still putting everything together, but if you want an early peek? The Oneirium

Comment

Working...
                                X