Page 430 of 441 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 4410

Thread: Things that make you smile

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Pagan - and heading North for a while...
    Phrase
    I am grounded, I am humble, I am one with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    I tried the piano a long time ago,but I do not gots the rhythm,no magic musical talent at all...
    There is no such thing as magical musical talent. There is no such thing as tone deaf. Everyone is musical.

You just need the right teacher

(Me- obviously)
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post

There is no such thing as magical musical talent. There is no such thing as tone deaf. Everyone is musical.

(Me- obviously)
    It's the same with art. When I hear "I can only draw stick figures," I always think: BS! You just haven't had a decent instructor and/or practiced enough.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

Re: Things that make you smile

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post

(Me- obviously)
    Got any tips for me, teacher?
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Phrase
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post

It's the same with art. When I hear "I can only draw stick figures," I always think: BS! You just haven't had a decent instructor and/or practiced enough.
    People say they're tone deaf, and its like, but can you tell the difference between my voice and her voice? Yes? Well then you're not tone deaf are you.

I'm not especially good at art, in the visual sense, but it's more to do with my lack of creativity and effort than any lacking of skill.

And yes D, work out what you wish you could do, and go do it. Every day. Then see how musical you are in 6 months.

RIP

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

I was hoping the latest Druidcast broadcast would be up in time for the equinox, and sure enough, it went up 2 days ago. Trust Damh not to let me down. Dancing around to the cool songs, getting some work done during the talky bit and just generally getting in the sabbat moot. Can't wait to get home and do my ritual!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

So I'm finally re-decorating my room! I started with wanting new sheer curtain for my already dark blue drapes

I ordered the following:
    sheer curtains:

Then I figured short curtains for my wall closet *it covers the opening to the side of the attic:

Then I was like, welllll, I could add some pattern to my dark blue and black bed. Thus this was added:

And then this was found on clearance and it's just the inverse of the body pillow (to put on my chair with the pillows for my back...

sigh...then I was like what am I going to do with the oak 2 drawer chest of drawers I have my tv on? I know! I'll cover it with patterned shelf liners and use adhesive spray to glue it on! (as seen on pinterest and with a few tools from my work) I picked up this....

Now at first glance it seems like I've gone crazy with pattern. But nope. I have a dark midnight blue carpet along with the same dark matching drapes and bed. So it's like all rich dark and a pop of the pattern. After this is set up and I get rid of some things...I'm going to ad one huge potted fake tall tropical leafy plant in the corner. Preferably in a nice wicker type basket. I'm going for a nice motel style room.

Oh and all getting shipped to me for $49! I am soo excited!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

for your back,a lumbar pillow is good. I searched,and your pillow looks like a lumbar pillow. I have one for my computer chair.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

It's actually just two of my old pillows. I rotate them out every 6 months. Lol. I have a comfy Ikea chair that sorta rocks back and forth a bit. But I prop up the back with pillows for sure. I also have a body pillow for my hips.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I have what is like a rocker,but I think they call it a glider. Still rocking and rolling in my old age...My computer chair rolls. I have become a master of exeuglide.

This chair

And you "Glide" around the room sitting in the chair.(from my working in an office environment)

- - - Updated - - -

very surprised that that the term is not in the urban dict.

Very common term in an office setting.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Phrase
    Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post
    I was hoping the latest Druidcast broadcast would be up in time for the equinox, and sure enough, it went up 2 days ago. Trust Damh not to let me down. Dancing around to the cool songs, getting some work done during the talky bit and just generally getting in the sabbat moot. Can't wait to get home and do my ritual!
    Omg Damh. We had one of his songs playing this weekend!!! So good!

RIP