This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    I tried the piano a long time ago,but I do not gots the rhythm,no magic musical talent at all...
    There is no such thing as magical musical talent. There is no such thing as tone deaf. Everyone is musical.

You just need the right teacher

(Me- obviously)
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

There is no such thing as magical musical talent. There is no such thing as tone deaf. Everyone is musical.

(Me- obviously)
      It's the same with art. When I hear "I can only draw stick figures," I always think: BS! You just haven't had a decent instructor and/or practiced enough.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Things that make you smile

(Me- obviously)
        Got any tips for me, teacher?
        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

It's the same with art. When I hear "I can only draw stick figures," I always think: BS! You just haven't had a decent instructor and/or practiced enough.
          People say they're tone deaf, and its like, but can you tell the difference between my voice and her voice? Yes? Well then you're not tone deaf are you.

I'm not especially good at art, in the visual sense, but it's more to do with my lack of creativity and effort than any lacking of skill.

And yes D, work out what you wish you could do, and go do it. Every day. Then see how musical you are in 6 months.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I was hoping the latest Druidcast broadcast would be up in time for the equinox, and sure enough, it went up 2 days ago. Trust Damh not to let me down. Dancing around to the cool songs, getting some work done during the talky bit and just generally getting in the sabbat moot. Can't wait to get home and do my ritual!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So I'm finally re-decorating my room! I started with wanting new sheer curtain for my already dark blue drapes

I ordered the following:
              sheer curtains:

Then I figured short curtains for my wall closet *it covers the opening to the side of the attic:

Then I was like, welllll, I could add some pattern to my dark blue and black bed. Thus this was added:

And then this was found on clearance and it's just the inverse of the body pillow (to put on my chair with the pillows for my back...

sigh...then I was like what am I going to do with the oak 2 drawer chest of drawers I have my tv on? I know! I'll cover it with patterned shelf liners and use adhesive spray to glue it on! (as seen on pinterest and with a few tools from my work) I picked up this....

Now at first glance it seems like I've gone crazy with pattern. But nope. I have a dark midnight blue carpet along with the same dark matching drapes and bed. So it's like all rich dark and a pop of the pattern. After this is set up and I get rid of some things...I'm going to ad one huge potted fake tall tropical leafy plant in the corner. Preferably in a nice wicker type basket. I'm going for a nice motel style room.

Oh and all getting shipped to me for $49! I am soo excited!:^^:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

for your back,a lumbar pillow is good. I searched,and your pillow looks like a lumbar pillow. I have one for my computer chair.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's actually just two of my old pillows. I rotate them out every 6 months. Lol. I have a comfy Ikea chair that sorta rocks back and forth a bit. But I prop up the back with pillows for sure. I also have a body pillow for my hips.

Comment

I have what is like a rocker,but I think they call it a glider. Still rocking and rolling in my old age...My computer chair rolls. I have become a master of exeuglide.

This chair

And you "Glide" around the room sitting in the chair.(from my working in an office environment)

- - - Updated - - -

very surprised that that the term is not in the urban dict.

Very common term in an office setting.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      I was hoping the latest Druidcast broadcast would be up in time for the equinox, and sure enough, it went up 2 days ago. Trust Damh not to let me down. Dancing around to the cool songs, getting some work done during the talky bit and just generally getting in the sabbat moot. Can't wait to get home and do my ritual!
                      Omg Damh. We had one of his songs playing this weekend!!! So good!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

A patient and her husband left me an envelope that had a nice card in it, and a gift card for the movie theater worth 25 freaking Euros! How awesome is that
                        [4:82]

Comment

Omg Damh. We had one of his songs playing this weekend!!! So good!
                          Got a few of his CDs! He played his song 'Brighid' on one of the shows and I just stopped what I was doing to listen (and then started crying because I'm a sentimental old fool)! I knew then that I needed to do some shopping (got the CDs because I'm old school, although you get the download too when you order them). He didn't play any of his own on this month's show, but the music was great all the same! Have you heard his song for Australia? Can't remember what it's called but it was on his album 'Antlered Crown and Standing Stone'.

I had a bit of a dance to Damh while setting up for my ritual to get me in the mood.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Got a few of his CDs! He played his song 'Brighid' on one of the shows and I just stopped what I was doing to listen (and then started crying because I'm a sentimental old fool)! I knew then that I needed to do some shopping (got the CDs because I'm old school, although you get the download too when you order them). He didn't play any of his own on this month's show, but the music was great all the same! Have you heard his song for Australia? Can't remember what it's called but it was on his album 'Antlered Crown and Standing Stone'.

I had a bit of a dance to Damh while setting up for my ritual to get me in the mood.
                            I honestly haven't listened to him for aaaggeesssss, Mabon reminded me that he exists lol. Have you ever heard it Spiral Dance? They're from Adelaide and i was in a morris dancing group with them for a while. I used to know every single one of their songs.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Whilst making over my room, I've decided I am going to get a fish tank!

Comment

They can be very relaxing,BUT depending on the size can be a lot to maintain.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X