This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

How can they be sure that handmade stuff is handmade? What are they asking in the application?
    baah.

Comment

How can they be sure that handmade stuff is handmade? What are they asking in the application?
      They ask about the size of the business (number of employees), tools (mass production or hand), and a detailed explanation of working techniques.

I have one employee (myself), use all hand tools, except for a drill and a polishing wheel, and the detailed process is long and involved... on average, it takes me 5-6 hours to produce a single piece of jewelry...

(check out Splendid Fish Studio for examples)

Etsy is set up so that mass produced objects from China count as "hand made." Real hand made can't compete with mass production.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^Ahh, okay. Thanks! (Probably I was expecting something like "pay us this amount of money and your stuff will be 'hand made'", lol. But that sounds quite decent.)
        Nice jewelry by the way.
        baah.

Comment

Guess what, chicken butts?
          So I just got back from my primary care doctor's office.
          He listened to my heart and said I sound fine. So he wanted to do an ekg to see about my arrhythmia.

Come to find it was clear! A perfectly fine heart. Apparently stress causes the arrhythmia I have to come out in full force with bad symptoms. So in conclusion..I need to take it easy.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's wonderful to hear!
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

That's great Medusa! Seems like you've got a good heart after all!
              baah.

Comment

Something for Medusa ... 427767_10150580684386666_253704921665_9215805_648328500_n.jpg
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                  Something for Medusa ... [ATTACH=CONFIG]4375[/ATTACH]
                  awe so cute! Thankees

Comment

My sister and I took the dogs to the dog beach today!!!
                    So much fun

Comment

Playing Star Wars Battlefront beta with my roommate yes I am a happy geek girl right now... It's amazing!

Comment

You all...hey folks
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Oh hey there Dez! Its good to see you. How've you been?
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                            You all...hey folks
                            Missed you!
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hi Dez! So happy to see you around here

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                                You all...hey folks
                                Missed you too! Glad to see you here!
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X