X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I get to sleep in tomorrow!

Hope I don't wake myself up way too early.
    [4:82]

Comment

Yay! You get to sleep in!
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Being reminded of some of the craziest s#!t I ever did. You know, since I forgot all about it.

A car full of people and I'm playing chicken (just going the wrong way, in fact - heading southbound on the northbound side) on the freeway; PASSING slow drivers by driving in the DITCH; Getting out the driver-side door of a pickup truck, that was traveling at over 75 mph, and climbing across the bed/box, of said pickup, to enter the passenger-side door; Stopping traffic to get out of my truck, climb up onto the concrete guardrail of a bridge, spanning a river, in the middle of a busy downtown area, just to take down (steal, actually) a city banner/decoration - 'Halloween Capital of the World'.

Wow. What makes me smile even more is that those events were all in just ONE summer... and I was 'just getting started'.

Yeah, yeah. Strange/twisted/inadvisable pride, I know. But still, it makes me smile.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Welllllll....

The hotel's operating system was still down as of 10pm last night, heh heh.

And I'm home.

awwyea.jpg
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

starting to see the weight loss in the mirror instead of just on the scale. 20 lbs off and 40 to go before the wedding
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              A car full of people and I'm playing chicken (just going the wrong way, in fact - heading southbound on the northbound side) on the freeway; PASSING slow drivers by driving in the DITCH; Getting out the driver-side door of a pickup truck, that was traveling at over 75 mph, and climbing across the bed/box, of said pickup, to enter the passenger-side door; Stopping traffic to get out of my truck, climb up onto the concrete guardrail of a bridge, spanning a river, in the middle of a busy downtown area, just to take down (steal, actually) a city banner/decoration - 'Halloween Capital of the World'.
              I should add that this all occurred YEARS after I stopped drinking. Having so much fun that I forgot a lot of it, rather than being too drunk to remember. Life was (and still is) supposed to be an adventure, not a funeral march!

Addendum: I don't smile about most of my drunken antics.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Having somewhere to hang the paintings that don't sell in my art exhibition is definetly making me smile. It means I don't have to have worry about them kicking about my studio for the next year! x
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Kim, have you ever thought of doing a painting of Sedna?

I know its not exactly your style...

but I saw this:

And thought of you.

Like...in terms of the myth itself, not what you could do with the picture.

I've always seen Sedna as being a partially obscured face behind this huge cloud of hair the merges with the ocean, with the shapes of sea creatures in the tangles...but more in the minimalist sort of shapes that you paint with.

I don't know how to describe it really, and I'm no artist, so I sure as hell can't draw/paint/etc it either...
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I've never considered the myth. But it does sound like something I would do!
                    I think I'm going to look into it Thal! X
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Something I've always wanted to do is to paint what I see in simulacra and collect them all together as an exhibition. I'd never have the time nor the talent, so you can steal my idea if you also see faces, scenes and creatures in everything from tree trunks to peeling wallpaper! I have SOME sketches, but never got round to painting them. I take photos on my phone to remind me, and I like how people react when I show them the photo, then the creature I've sketched, and they can totally see it in the photo! Would make a great art collection!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

As of June 5, K'roe and I have been married for 30 years...

I've been married for about 6 years more than I was single.

...She's still hot.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Etsy store open!

YAY!

Shop Kimberly Hagen ART by KimberlyHagenART located in Stirling, United Kingdom.

Comment

Home from work on time, on time!
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              As of June 5, K'roe and I have been married for 30 years...

I've been married for about 6 years more than I was single.

...She's still hot.
                              Aw congrats! You rarely see that kind of love anymore. Cheers to you and the Mrs. Corbin
                              sigpic

Comment

The Amish store just outside of town. We went there today and got a buttload of groceries for prices that just about made us feel guilty!...and it's all hand-made, home-grown, honest old-fashioned goodness. Stuff that, back in Texas (no Amish in Dallas, LOL - we had to drive hours and hours to find anything), only rich people had access to. I feel so lucky!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X