This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

That is a completely different thing,cause sometimes 'schrooms are just a nibble away from a weird dream.....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Recorded four videos for the YouTube channel. The lighting in them is not great, but I need to just get started. Also, even without the videos up, I got my first subscriber!
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I just heard on NPR that the Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that the state's F'ing with my pension is unconstitutional, I will be getting some back pay.

I haven't been able to find any news story on this, other than the NPR note, so I'm not sure if I've got it right, but I have my fingers crossed.

It should amount to a lump sum check of approximately $2000 to me, if true.

This makes me smile.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I just heard on NPR that the Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that the state's F'ing with my pension is unconstitutional, I will be getting some back pay.

I haven't been able to find any news story on this, other than the NPR note, so I'm not sure if I've got it right, but I have my fingers crossed.

It should amount to a lump sum check of approximately $2000 to me, if true.

This makes me smile.
          That would be awesome. Also if NPR gave the name of the case (and it's old enough that the decision is written and archived) then the presiding court's site may have the decision.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            That would be awesome. Also if NPR gave the name of the case (and it's old enough that the decision is written and archived) then the presiding court's site may have the decision.
            I've been checking - all I can find are the reports from when the court of appeals upheld the decision.

(Michigan is screwed by unconstitutional activity by Snyder. The lottery money, according to the state constitution, goes into the School Aid Fund (SAF). The constitutions says the SAF can be used ONLY for k-12 education, teacher pensions, and Michigan higher education. Despite this, Detroit Schools - and other districts - are declaring bankruptcy and teacher pensions were cut. But Snyder declared that the SAF has a SURPLUS of $253 MILLION that would be used to pay down Michigan's debt. I wish people knew about this kind of thing... It happens in other states as well, but nobody seems to notice.)
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              Recorded four videos for the YouTube channel. The lighting in them is not great, but I need to just get started. Also, even without the videos up, I got my first subscriber!
              I want to subscribe! What's your channel? I'm watching loads of Pagan vlogs at the minute because I'm missing that human interaction. I like to grab a cup of Earl Grey and pretend they've popped in for a cuppa and to chat about witchy stuff.. it's easier than having to deal with real friends. Lol

I'd love to have you over too. I'll just go make up a pot..
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

All my beta readers gave me positive reviews on my Chapter.
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  I want to subscribe! What's your channel? I'm watching loads of Pagan vlogs at the minute because I'm missing that human interaction. I like to grab a cup of Earl Grey and pretend they've popped in for a cuppa and to chat about witchy stuff.. it's easier than having to deal with real friends. Lol

I'd love to have you over too. I'll just go make up a pot..
                  That would be lovely! I'm Habbalah there too. Videos will be going up some time within the next few days, I guess.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    This is the only thing I've been able to find on it, anywhere:

Comment

I was looking for a book about magpies last week and accidentally stumbled upon a book called 'The Magpie and the Wardrobe'. I couldn't resist it. It had a kind of scrapbook style that I love so much that I've decided to decorate the entries of my next BOS with a similar style.

(I've deliberately shared a page they have available to view on amazon, but if you do an image search you can get a better impression of the overall feel of the book).

Well the book arrived today and I'm in love. It's way better than I imagined it was going to be. It is literally jam-packed with folklore and superstitions from around the British Isles. It doesn't go into much depth but just flicking through I've already found a few little ideas I'd like to incorporate into my own practice.

I can't remember the last time a book made such an impression on me. I can't help but smile when I flick through it. Too bad my sister will be gifting it to me for my birthday so I have to part with it until August!

For anyone interested in the book, I found a short youtube review about it that appears to have been permitted by the publisher;

Love it, love it, love it! It starts at January so would make an awesome Yule/Christmas present for someone. Just wish I could think of someone who'd appreciate it.

This post reads so much like an advert. I swear I'm not being paid.. ^^
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Spent much of the day putting tomatoes and pepper plants into patio containers, and starting seeds.

It's a bit late in the season, but better late than never.

Comment

Back online,and got new cable modem that includes wifi and wired as well.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No more students until september. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Camping with Corbin!
                              See you Sunday on the shores of lake Huron.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                Camping with Corbin!
                                See you Sunday on the shores of lake Huron.
                                You bring the dame, I'll bring drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X