X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Haha i should totally try that!!! If I train I get a drink!!! Ideas woman!!!

Yeh,yeh...I tried telling myself that when younger...BUT I kept falling off the bar stool. Might have lost some weight while driving the Porcelain Bus,also known as the Technicolor Yawn
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

Yeh,yeh...I tried telling myself that when younger...BUT I kept falling off the bar stool. Might have lost some weight while driving the Porcelain Bus,also known as the Technicolor Yawn
      I don't barf. Because I am a tank. And i hold my booze well
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

How do you guys define "holding one's liquor"?

I've always thought it meant "I am able to drink a reasonable amount at a reasonable pace, and stop drinking long before I can no longer stand"

Other people seem to define it at "I can drink half a pint of 130 proof having had nothing to eat or drink, or any sleep in a week".

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
          How do you guys define "holding one's liquor"?

I've always thought it meant "I am able to drink a reasonable amount at a reasonable pace, and stop drinking long before I can no longer stand"

Other people seem to define it at "I can drink half a pint of 130 proof having had nothing to eat or drink, or any sleep in a week".
          I think in between the two. To me it's: drink between a reasonable amount, and a butt load, usually more than the people around me, not fall over, not lose my memory, and not wake up with a hangover. Usually while everyone else is barfing, feeling terrible, and trying to workout what they did last night, all while having drank half as much as me.

^day drank half a bottle of gin last week, no worries.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yesterday's lack of hot water turned out to be a fried element in the water heater, not the water heater itself, so it wasn't so bad, esp. since the guy came out right away. Today the leaf guy is here (I have about 20 fully mature oaks on 1/4 acre, plus all the neighbors are wooded too.) Once he's done I can put out the light-up reindeer.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Off to see Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer at the Theatre Royal!!! Have loved their weird surreal and slapstick style of comedy since I was a kid and Vic Reeves Big Night Out first aired on TV. This was a thank you present from JP for supporting him while he looked for a better job. I never would have imagined I'd get to see Vic and Bob live. I'm so excited!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Been watching Patrick rothfuss stream every night for the past few day letting my inner geek out for a bit makes me happy
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

This is so silly, but I must share my frugal diva find of the day! So I wanted one of those Glade starter kits. It comes with the holder that spritzes automatically (you can set it for every 9 min, 36 min or shut it off). And it comes with the pine scented can sprayer (and at a 36 min interval, lasts 2 months!). So I saw it at Walmart for $10. And I went to my coupon secretz website and found a coupon for $2 off. But wait! There's more....since I waited after Thanksgiving, the prices went down. It was on sale for $4.88 -$2 coupon! I got the whole kit for $2.88!

Score! And it smells so piney christmas treeeeee
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    This is so silly, but I must share my frugal diva find of the day! So I wanted one of those Glade starter kits. It comes with the holder that spritzes automatically (you can set it for every 9 min, 36 min or shut it off). And it comes with the pine scented can sprayer (and at a 36 min interval, lasts 2 months!). So I saw it at Walmart for $10. And I went to my coupon secretz website and found a coupon for $2 off. But wait! There's more....since I waited after Thanksgiving, the prices went down. It was on sale for $4.88 -$2 coupon! I got the whole kit for $2.88!

Score! And it smells so piney christmas treeeeee
                    That IS a good bargain. Glade products can be so pricey (ever noticed how it costs more for the damned refills because there's always an offer on for the starter pack?). I love air freshers, scented candles and all that lovely smelly stuff. You kinda need it when you have a house cat. Unfortunately Trust Me I'm a Doctor ruined it for me so now I try to use them as little as possible. Don't really want my home full of formaldehyde! Link

I discovered ionisers though. I can't get over how clean and fresh the air feels when you use them. When I first got mine I put it next to Dolly's litter tray after she'd just used it, turned it to 'turbo' and within 5 minutes you couldn't smell cats at all. It makes the air smell like waterfalls or waves hitting against the rocks. I didn't know these things had a smell until I had an ioniser. When I looked into it, falling water is a natural source of negative ions in nature so it all made sense.

That said, I still use scented candles and I'm not gonna deprive myself of a nice Christmas edition air fresher. There's just nothing like coming home to the smell of spiced apple and tinsil to get you in the festive spirit! Besides, I use joss too and I can't see that being particularly healthy to breath in. Seems everything wants to kill us and something will in the end, may as well enjoy ourselves and scent our homes as we want until then!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Its snowing!!!!! Of course it will be gone by tomorrow but it sure does make me happy! I do love the snow. There is just something so magical about the first big snowfall. I think moving to Wisconsin was the best decision we could have ever made.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Seems like it will be too cold for my vacation destination next March. So I'm moving it to the last week of April (satan willing!). So this way I can save more. I'm looking at hotels. And it looks like I'm going to NOT go cheap, but go the number 3 hotel via TripAdvisor! I'm very excited!

Comment

Feeling better. I ended up going shopping for me! Found two new pair of jeans, a new blue fleece electric blue sweater (my boss likes to keep the store at a brisk 69 degrees, inserts for my feet, christmas earrings and some raspberries. Tomorrow I'm gonna go see about getting new bras at the mall.

I love being an atheist at Christmas! No one expects me to buy presents. So I buy me presents!

Comment

I am a Bah humbug kind of person around this time of year..I hate new years and will be glad when everyone settles back down to normal. Happy holidays,and good night.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Bahahaha reposted this on fb but thought yall would enjoy too

ForumRunner_20161209_075902.jpg

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

omg e.l.f. just released their mad for matte eye shadow pallet number 2.
                                And I got free shipping!
                                Thank you Santa Jodee!
                                This is the best Christmas eva!
                                I can't stop buying me stuff.
                                I must have been very good this year

Comment

Working...
                                X