^ I just read the book!
    baah.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Things that make you smile

So my order from that https://www.shopmissa.com/ came in yesterday! The items were small, but pretty good. I liked that I can experiment with different products and shades and try the new trends without spending a bunch. I got some orange and gold eye shadows, a blush I'm trashing because it's literally hooker pink, a small sample of loose powder and a perfect mauve lip liner. Now I'm going back for earrings and more stuff!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

I'm buzzing right now. So a few months back I changed my eating habits (I blogged about it at the time so won't repeat myself here) I finally got curious and measured my thighs. They seemed slimmer but I wasn't sure if that was just because the rest of me was bigger. To my surprise I've lost 3.5cm from the widest part and 3cm from the narrowest part of my right thigh. Left thigh is 4.5cm thinner at the widest point, and 3.5cm thinner at the narrowest point. I've also lost 3cm from around my hips.

Granted it took 3 months when I could have lost that in under 2 weeks by crash dieting but I did this by eating properly including lots of healthy fats. I have a better, toned look and best of all I don't have such a gaunt face or protruding bones. Got quite chubby little hamster cheeks when I smile in fact!

And I'm doing that right now.. from ear to ear! (○^人^○)
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Thanksgiving. I'm headed out to friends out in the country for the day. It's always a good time out there, and kinda weird! Everybody have a happy - and those of you in countries other than the USA, you can raise a toast to us - you know we need it LOL

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Thanksgiving and I'm off! Thank Satan! And what am I doing? My rule is it's jammies all day, even if I leave to go to the store for Diet Coke.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Thanksgiving. I'm headed out to friends out in the country for the day. It's always a good time out there, and kinda weird! Everybody have a happy - and those of you in countries other than the USA, you can raise a toast to us - you know we need it LOL
    Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. We might not celebrate here on Blighty, but I think we could all benefit from counting our blessings now and then, so I can drink to that!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things
    Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post
    I'm buzzing right now. So a few months back I changed my eating habits (I blogged about it at the time so won't repeat myself here) I finally got curious and measured my thighs. They seemed slimmer but I wasn't sure if that was just because the rest of me was bigger. To my surprise I've lost 3.5cm from the widest part and 3cm from the narrowest part of my right thigh. Left thigh is 4.5cm thinner at the widest point, and 3.5cm thinner at the narrowest point. I've also lost 3cm from around my hips.

Granted it took 3 months when I could have lost that in under 2 weeks by crash dieting but I did this by eating properly including lots of healthy fats. I have a better, toned look and best of all I don't have such a gaunt face or protruding bones. Got quite chubby little hamster cheeks when I smile in fact!

And I'm doing that right now.. from ear to ear! (○^人^○)
    Whooooot!!! That's awesome news Jem! Very happy for you! And a bit jealous haha
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Oct 2010
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    Whooooot!!! That's awesome news Jem! Very happy for you! And a bit jealous haha
    There is no way anyone could have convinced me to add fats and oils to my food a year ago. I'd have said it was a cruel gimmick to sell faddy diet books that just make you fatter. Once I realised how much the endocrine system affects our physical and mental health, and that we need fatty acids to build hormones I decided to give in and start eating the foods I've avoided for most of my adult life. Never expected the result would be weight loss. That's just crazy!

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things
    Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post

There is no way anyone could have convinced me to add fats and oils to my food a year ago. I'd have said it was a cruel gimmick to sell faddy diet books that just make you fatter. Once I realised how much the endocrine system affects our physical and mental health, and that we need fatty acids to build hormones I decided to give in and start eating the foods I've avoided for most of my adult life. Never expected the result would be weight loss. That's just crazy!
    Yeah you need a certain amount of fats in your diet or your body doesn't work. I eat too many and just get fat tho...
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Oct 2010
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    Yeah you need a certain amount of fats in your diet or your body doesn't work. I eat too many and just get fat tho...
    Probably not the place for it, but I'm obsessed with this subject so can't help myself. I really believe that when people gain weight it's more likely what they're eating with the fats rather than the amount. I think most people would be shocked if they knew how much fat I consume these days. There's even a diet out there telling you fat should be up to 80% of your daily calories (although I'm skeptical of that one because it doesn't leave much space for veg).

You don't appear to have a weight problem at all, but if fat makes you gain weight, I would suggest it's a hormone thing. Estrogen if it's around hips and thighs, thyroid if it's all over and cortisone if you gain around your middle.

I'm totally sold on the endocrine approach now and will never again believe that people who are overweight just eat too much. Some do, but they're far rarer than we're led to believe! Most people with weight problems really do try to control it. They're just given poor advice.

Of course, I've also been doing visualisation and affirmations so if the eating fat to get thin idea really sounds like bunk, then I guess we'll have to agree that visualisation works!

On Saturday I caught up with some friends I haven't seen in over a year. They all said how much healthier I looked, and they even said I looked younger than I had looked a year earlier. I'm still buzzing from that.