• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Roy Moore lost.
    I giggle in delight.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Looks like the apathetics who think their votes don't count are realizing they DO count.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
        I certainly don't feel bad that Roy Moore lost but it's certainly tempering that he lost to someone who essentially ran on a Republican platform.
        Political success is a matter of degree, not dichotomy.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Today I convinced my boss to let me use two sick days, go home two days early, and surprise my partner! He thinks I'm coming home Friday night, except now I'm coming home Wednesday night, and he will still be on night shift, so he won't know I'm home until the next day.

I'm going to sneak out of the house early in the morning, get ingredients for a decadent breakfast, and then sneak back home and quietly bake so I have something to wake him up to in the afternoon.

Right now I feel like I am the best, and I know it.

Mostly art.

Comment

It's a distinct possibility that I may be welcoming a new canine friend into the family soon. Need to get hubby to buy in first and find out if he's OK with cats (deal breaker if not). His name is max and he's 2. He's got separation anxiety in which he apparently destroys things so that will be a challenge but I'm up for it. Rain had separation anxiety but she never destroyed anything or even chewed on stuff. We'll see. But I'm really eager to meet Max.

ForumRunner_20171221_173902.jpg
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              It's a distinct possibility that I may be welcoming a new canine friend into the family soon. Need to get hubby to buy in first and find out if he's OK with cats (deal breaker if not). His name is max and he's 2. He's got separation anxiety in which he apparently destroys things so that will be a challenge but I'm up for it. Rain had separation anxiety but she never destroyed anything or even chewed on stuff. We'll see. But I'm really eager to meet Max.

[ATTACH]5270[/ATTACH]
              It's very hard to train separation anxiety out of an adult dog...however, you can work on training his outbursts out of him. My dog has separation anxiety, and I adopted him as an adult. He has gotten much better, but three years ago when I adopted him, he would urinate all over the house anytime I left, and he used to howl for a lot of the time I was at work each day. For a brief period, he also used to scratch the walls, if I put the baby gate up.

He still exhibits anxiety, but now he only howls if he knows I'm going out of town without him.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

[ATTACH]5270[/ATTACH]
                He looks beautiful! Best of luck for youse guys & Max!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Snowday Friday, and Christmas break until Jan 3!

Comment

I knew winter was good for something.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sadly, adopting Max was not written into my set of stars.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

^^ Sorry that didn't work out.
                        sigpic

Comment

La Befana actually gifted me this year! I was looking in the back of my freezer for something and stumbled upon a (well-wrapped) bagel from one of my expeditions last spring. I could have sworn they were all gone; in fact, I'd carefully searched when I ate what I thought was the last one. What a wonderful treat!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            La Befana actually gifted me this year! I was looking in the back of my freezer for something and stumbled upon a (well-wrapped) bagel from one of my expeditions last spring. I could have sworn they were all gone; in fact, I'd carefully searched when I ate what I thought was the last one. What a wonderful treat!
                            Is that about as good as - or better than - finding a $20 bill in your coat pocket from last winter?
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

Michigan will vote on legal MJ this year!

Comment

as will NJ
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X