X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
    Daffodils
    Me, too! In fact I have one on my business card. I've told all my friends that I don't care what kind of thing they want to do when I die, but I want daffodils there. So someone is likely to off me in the springtime to save all that shipping LOL
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I feel very angry and strong. The strong part makes me smile.
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Um. You will let me know a bit before hand right? You know to clean up your mess in the house.

This^! I mean, how can that NOT make anyone smile??

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

moving soon.

That definitely makes me smile

I'll try and keep everyone updated
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Going up north for a beach day tomorrow with my bestie... we are definitely going to have deep fried pickles.
            sigpic

Comment

I am in a funk. And it's horrible.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I am in a funk. And it's horrible.

Wait, what? Wrong thread?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

^ that made me smile.

Also CHOCOLATE, now that is something to smile about
                  sigpic

Comment

Taking antibiotics seriously makes me smile.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      Wait, what? Wrong thread?
                      Hah, yeah. Wrong thread. I was super tired when I posted that last night - in fact, I just looked now to see if I had any replies, and I was like "...where did my post go?"

I didn't even realize.

How about this: Sleeping under the stars makes me smile. Said funk kept me up for two and a half hours crying last night, and my super awesome roommate asked me if sleeping outside would make me feel better...so we both slept on my patio.

Mostly art.

Comment

My tempur pedic bed arrives Saturday between 9-11am... I AM SO GEEKED!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

My little girl starts school on Wednesday...I'm so excited for her and so NERVOUS.

I never really went to school. I don't know what to expect, or what I need to do. I signed up to help with her classroom, and to go to PTA meetings, but I don't know what to expect from those, either! She's just excited, though...she is so ready to spend more time with other kids her age, and she really needs more mental stimulation then I can give her right now.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I discovered a new metaphysical shop across from the Taco Bus Saturday! The Looking Glass just opened up last month. It's small but well stocked and it "feels good" when you walk in the door (unlike Other Worlds which just felt wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                              My little girl starts school on Wednesday...I'm so excited for her and so NERVOUS.

I never really went to school. I don't know what to expect, or what I need to do. I signed up to help with her classroom, and to go to PTA meetings, but I don't know what to expect from those, either! She's just excited, though...she is so ready to spend more time with other kids her age, and she really needs more mental stimulation then I can give her right now.
                              LOL - it's harder on the parent than it is on the kid (usually). PTA meetings are boring, but that's where it's decided where extra money will go, so you want to be there (most likely there will only be about 10 other people, but you should get in good with either the school district's superintendent or with the building principle by being there). Helping in the classroom should be just plain fun for you - you get to enjoy the kids while the teacher does the harder stuff. Enjoy!

I'm cleaning up after a massive three day party in the yard. Cleaning up doesn't make me smile, but remembering the party does. It was a hoot.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Meggan and Julie (old college friends) are coming to town to see me
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X